Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (48 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
Just for your infotmation, Serie B is 10x tougher for a man who is 32 years old than serie A.

No Seria A is much, much tougher to play in.

I hope DP scores the most goals of any player the league next season, but somehow I feel that he will struggle to get in to double figures.

Some may be upset that I accused them of insults when none were intended, and if that is the case please accept my apologies; yet it is always the same on these pages, whenever someone dares to suggest that Ol' Lovely Eyes is less than the greatest player ever! Many throw their rattles out of their perambulators and begin to cry.

It is so different out on the streets were, although DP is appreciated as a symbol, he is also seen as very much as a player and questions as to his value are welcomed and openly discussed. The question remains who should lead our attach next season? I for one feel that DP will become with each game an increasing peripheral member of the team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
yeah but every yrar the moment comes closer that we will have to cope without Del Piero, he can't go on forever
What an outageous suggestion. Next you'll be trying to tell me he isn't immortal. :p

I think this will be DP's last season as a major player and a first choice. He will probably have a couple more seasons being mainly a sub after it though.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
What an outageous suggestion. Next you'll be trying to tell me he isn't immortal. :p

I think this will be DP's last season as a major player and a first choice. He will probably have a couple more seasons being mainly a sub after it though.
I'm sorry to break it to you but even DP is getting older.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
i think some ppl just wanna get some attention by being anti-dp, ..who knows? they may hang dp posters on the wall, have all dp jerseys fill up the wadrobe, or cried when dp scored/missed a goal...
Couldn't have said it better, man :tup:

That's exactly what I meant by saying "people like bianconero".

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
these days the fitness levels of players are so high that they can continue playing till their very late 30s...Ale is not willing to quit before WC 2010 so who is any1 to say that he can't cut it anymore? Do u ppl know him better than he knows himself?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
these days the fitness levels of players are so high that they can continue playing till their very late 30s...Ale is not willing to quit before WC 2010 so who is any1 to say that he can't cut it anymore? Do u ppl know him better than he knows himself?
Yes :p

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, big fellow, Serie A; not the other Seria A!

If you are right then we should immediately buy Claudio Bellucci to partner DP up front.

Balderdash.
You probably didnt get the point.

For Alessandro Del Piero himself, Serie A is not as tough as Serie B, players in Serie B tend to do their impossible to stop Del Piero, what I've seen from that season was really weird, Ale was lucky not to get injured, he escaped soo many times.

In Serie A he has much more freedom than B, he's used to it playing 14years there, the atmosphere is diff his mates were diff and etc.

The point here is that, any worldclass player would find it tough specially if he's over 30years, he'll find it tough to play in lower division. If you play football, you should understand what I'm trying to tell you.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Thank you Elvis; I know people like me.
Elvis? He called me Elvis?

wow now that's something I never heard before. I mean nobody ever called me Elvis instead of Elvin before, that is smth real fresh.
Do you write your own lines, mate? Cause that is really terrific how you called me Elvis instead of Elvin, you know,
how the hell did you come up with that :shocked:

Any "Titanic" jokes you wanna throw at me while we're at it. That'd be even fresher...

Jeez

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

wow now that's something I never heard before. I mean nobody ever called me Elvis instead of Elvin before, that is smth real fresh.
Do you write your own lines, mate? Cause that is really terrific how you called me Elvis instead of Elvin, you know,

Any "Titanic" jokes you wanna throw at me while we're at it. That'd be even fresher...

Jeez
he's a genius :p ;)

Sep 1, 2002

Jeez

Sorry Elvin, it was a genuine Freudian; I would never insult a name, because that is the name given by parents, and for me to insult that is below the belt.

I can see it is a sore point with you and that you get upset by it; I suppose after a life of hearing it you are now super sensitive.

Good to hear though that Elvis Costello is still popular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 36)