Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (211 Viewers)

David01

Aug 20, 2006
hey guys a little objectivity won' t kill you. Del Piero is certainly one of the best but Sivori scored like a million goals for us and Baggio won world player of the year. We always had awesome teams and you can probably select 75 players that were awesome at some point in our history. Del Piero is by far the most popular player right now but that doesn't mean we should neglect the great players who were active for Juve in the past.

Buy on AliExpress.com

cherryman

Jan 17, 2007
hey guys a little objectivity won' t kill you. Del Piero is certainly one of the best but Sivori scored like a million goals for us and Baggio won world player of the year. We always had awesome teams and you can probably select 75 players that were awesome at some point in our history. Del Piero is by far the most popular player right now but that doesn't mean we should neglect the great players who were active for Juve in the past.
Baggio was a great ITALIAN player, but @ Turin he's not bether dan Alex. Baggio has no clublove & for me he wasn't that succesful as DP.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
gilardino, cannavaro, thuram and buffon are in there as well for parma
Hello! That's Parma, dude. There's not much to choose from, is there?

FFS Barzagli is included in Palermo's All Time XI lol

167 actually.

Buffon certainly surpassed Zoff as a Juventus legend, yet Dino is included.
Can you guess why? Exactly ;)

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I was looking through some of my old World Soccer mags for some info as a favour for another member...it's amazing what else you can find that you'd forgotten about. For example, the very young Alex Del Piero...in 1994 Roberto Bettega, the then recently appointed Executive Director, because of Juve's transfer market high spending, was determined to make a profit, & that meant selling new hot-shot Alex because Parma wanted Dino Baggio who didn't want to leave Juve. Parma also wanted Alex & the deal came within just hours of going through...If Dino Baggio hadn't finally agreed to go to Parma, just think what we'd have missed out on! If enough of you want, I'll knock out the whole article, it's worth a read. Another Alex titbit from 1997...when asked to compare himself to Inter's then new whizz kid Ronaldo, he said "Ronaldo & this whole transfer business has generated a lot of curiosity. We all know he can play a bit but we're all asking ourselves, how will he work out in Italy? Let's wait & see...seeing Spanish soccer on tv, I get the impression it's rather different from Italian...as for myself, I have a certain familiarity with our championship!" As for Ronaldo's comments on Alex at the 1998 World Cup...

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
One of our more "immature" members was apparently bored by the original post here. Frankly, my dear, I couldn't give a damn about you or your opinion! My work, however I remove only because I won't have it subject to the ridicule of your childish mind!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 207)