Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (46 Viewers)

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
AbuGadanzieri said:
cannavaro said a very good thing about del piero

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct28h.html

Cannavaro looked back at the triumph in Germany and reveals how the Azzurri created – or at least forged – the impression of such unity.

“Myself, Gigi Buffon and the other more experienced members of the squad tried to organise the Press conferences,” he smiled.

“We made sure that the more annoyed players who didn’t get to feature very much, like Pippo Inzaghi and Massimo Oddo, were kept away from the journalists! There was no need to take these steps with Alessandro Del Piero, as he has always been a gentleman. In my view he’s the best person I’ve met in this sport.”

what you think

please discuss
Abu...I think Canna is an excellent judge of people! Ale and Canna are good friends and they are in touch frequently as Canna said on his website. They SMS each other all the time and Canna keeps up with the Juve news. I'm sure he's quite happy that his friend scored his 200th goal today!

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
AzzurriGirl said:
Abu...I think Canna is an excellent judge of people! Ale and Canna are good friends and they are in touch frequently as Canna said on his website. They SMS each other all the time and Canna keeps up with the Juve news. I'm sure he's quite happy that his friend scored his 200th goal today!
thank you for the response

Buphs

Oct 27, 2006
Bad that the goal was one Nedved should had scored on, and at least Trezeguet BUT it just show that he's one of europes best players, he's standing on the right place at the right time.

RE PIERO!!

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Here's what DP has to say about it: -
Serie B Tim - 28 Oct 2006 - 7:47 PM

Del Piero: “I’m over the moon!”

Alex Del Piero just never stops. Against Frosinone today he scored his 200th goal but he’s already got his eyes on his next target, as there are still many chapters left to write in his Bianconeri story. “I’m over the moon, both for the goal and the win. Goal number 200th in a Juventus shirt is not a milestone, but another stage in my long life in black and white. There are still many goals left for me to score, and many victories for us to achieve. My links with this club and its fans are very strong, we’ve shared so many satisfying moments together”. The journalists asked him just how much he’d been waiting for this goal. “Really it was just three games, but it’s been talked about so much… It wasn’t an obsession, it’s normal that a striker never stops looking for goals, irrespective of what they might represent. Obviously this one has a particular significance”. When asked about his favourite strikes, Del Piero had a few to list. “The one in the Intercontinental Cup, the first one in the Champions League, the very first one for Juventus, the one that broke the record, the one against Fiorentina in the year of my first scudetto. There are quite a few; I remember some of them for the way I scored, others for the significance they had in that particular moment”. Bravo Alex! Just as the announcer said at the end of the game, let’s have another 200!
Forza Alex! :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 37)