Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (161 Viewers)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Il Re said:
del piero went nuts in rome!! pure passion holding his shirt up like that, and i noticed that when they called out his name he got a cheer bigger than most of the other players
Yeah, and he gave a big roar and stood like the Hulk :D

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
denco said:
Explain to me how he would have made an impact in a game where Italy were almost out on their feet from the beginning of the second half till the end of the match where they could not put 2 passes together almost thruout that period. Tendency to fail on big occasions? 2 pks taken in the biggest club and country competition there is and he has scored both penalties. Contrast to Trez, he has missed in both. This aint time for any negative talk about any player, enjoy the moment as its once in a lifetime deal
I agree with you. Italy played defensive style and tend to use direct play to the striker. This system of play certainly can't optimize Del Piero and also Del Piero played in his unfavorite positon. But IMO he did and adapted well.

Tendency to fail on big occasions. Maybe he confused himself with the chances that Del Piero missed in WC 2002. When it comes to penalty kick, I think Del Piero is the master.

And yeah this is the time to enjoy the moment of World Cup.
It's time to ask for an amnesty for Juventus :cool: :D

Sep 1, 2002
Hydde said:
Thuram and Trezeguet images were hearthbreaking, and their faces for sure interrupted my smile when they were shown on TV.

Definitely a sad moment for us bianconeri
A sad moment as well as a happy one, such is the nature of football.

As a Bianconeri, it was hard to see our players and former player end their world cup so.

vizxxx

Jun 20, 2004
Forza Azzurri...congrats to Italy and Alex....I cant believe they really won it...It is a dream come true..its a greatest moments in my life when Italy won it...and Alex , you are the man, you really deserve it after so much you have went thru...
You ARE the WOLRD CHAMPION!!!

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
Il Re said:
del piero went nuts in rome!! pure passion holding his shirt up like that, and i noticed that when they called out his name he got a cheer bigger than most of the other players
i guess he's ben drinking alot...well all the players really.....

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
del piero is clutch.......not to many people could of stepped up and looked as cool as he did when he took his penalty shot. now all he needs is a euro championship.. is it too soon to talk about that yet? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 158)