Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (98 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
*Bows head* You said it dude.

And to think I was exactly what he was looking for; great personality, smart, cool. :p Maybe if he meets me one day he'll instantly forget why he married her. *Dreams on* :p

whitewatersky

Jul 12, 2006
this is kinda lame maybe, but i have never been the biggest football fan. just love watching it when i happen to pass by a tv with it playing.

anyway, i have been to Italia many times (i'm from Australia) and everytime i love to read and watch what Del Piero's up to.

seeing his goal vs Germany reignited my respect for him and I wanna get a cool Del Piero jersey.

http://excoboard.com/forums/5630/user/29812/190729.gif

do you experts know if this is a genuine looking article ?

Also, what should it have on the front ?
I am gonna ask the online store for a front pic
i look forward to checking this forum lots more.
thanks
andrew

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
DEL BOY'S NO PLONKER NOW

ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO has carried the weight of expectation from Italian fans on his shoulders for 10 years.

And after failing to deliver on the big stage, the Juventus player admitted he was delighted to have played a role in the Azzurri's fourth World Cup triumph.

Del Piero was one of, in team-mate Simone Perrotta's words, a "team without stars" that raised the spirits of a nation whose football has been tarnished by a major corruption scandal at which Del Piero's club is the centre.

He said: "I think every game we played we started to believe in ourselves a little more."

Even though Del Piero played only a bit part in the team's success he admitted the World Cup win was still the highlight of his high-profile career.

He said: "When you are still a baby you dream of winning a World Cup.

"I am very happy and this is a special moment for me. We are world champions and that is unbelievable
."

Del Piero revealed the World Cup win was a career-defining moment after many disappointments in the days when he was seen as his country's star player.

In Euro 96 he was first touted as a superstar but indifferent performances at the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 followed. By 2002 his star appeared to be on the wane and Del Piero had to settle for the No.7 shirt, handing his favourite No.10 jersey to Francesco Totti who was seen as the Azzurri golden boy.

The 2002 campaign and Euro 2004 were further blank years for Italian football but it is only in his twilight years that Del Piero has finally achieved something in the blue jersey, albeit not as a regular starter.

Del Piero said: "This was my first World Cup Final and comes 10 years after I won the World Club Championship with Juventus.

"I can say my career has now reached a climax - all I need now is to start winning golf tournaments
.":D

When asked about Italy's previously poor record in penalty shoot-outs Del Piero said: "The penalty curse is over and this victory is the fruit of a team that worked together and believed in itself at the right time.

"I tried to encourage the others but there comes a point when you have to think about yourself as you prepare to shoot
."

Del Piero also spared a thought for troubled Juventus general manager Gianluca Pessotto, who fell from a topstorey window in Turin and is still in intensive care.

He said: "I thought of Gianluca before, during and after the game and when I get back to Turin I will go and visit him."

The Daily Record

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Del Piero...I can't imagine football without him....If I was a football player he would be my idol,because he is not only a world class by his football qualities,he is a human and a great persson and than a football player.:touched:
His moves are magical,his shots are precise,he has fanatastic techinque,and I fell secure when he is in the team.
Forza Del Piero,the humanist in the football world.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
whitewatersky said:
this is kinda lame maybe, but i have never been the biggest football fan. just love watching it when i happen to pass by a tv with it playing.

anyway, i have been to Italia many times (i'm from Australia) and everytime i love to read and watch what Del Piero's up to.

seeing his goal vs Germany reignited my respect for him and I wanna get a cool Del Piero jersey.

http://excoboard.com/forums/5630/user/29812/190729.gif

do you experts know if this is a genuine looking article ?

Also, what should it have on the front ?
I am gonna ask the online store for a front pic
i look forward to checking this forum lots more.
thanks
andrew

Can you post a link to the site where you can buy the tee? I don't care if it's authetic or not, to me it has the two most important things. It has pink on it and it has Del Piero written on it. What more could a girl ask for?!

You people who live in Italy are so lucky. My biggest dream is to retire young and rich someday and do what Diane Lane did in the movie Under The Tuscan Sun. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)