Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (40 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Good interview, he comes across so well. If only we had pundits like him in the UK.

Sad that he has been unable to watch a Juve game in Turin since leaving. There clearly is a personality clash with someone still at the club and it is disappointing that the person cannot put it behind them given what Del Piero has done for the club and what he means to the fans.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Favourite player of all time, THE Juve legend and we fucked that relationship up... Unbelievable
Must probably be THE dumbest decision of the Agnelli-Marotta-Conte cycle, getting rid of Del Piero after 2011/2012 without any immediate suitable replacement was unexcusable, even a 37yo Del Piero was still levels above(both on the field aswell as marketing wise) than the mediocrity we had on offer in the attacking department at the time.

And also to think we let him go just to then bring in the likes of a totally washed up Anelka and ultimate meme player Bendtner to conclude the 2012/2013 season with.. as if getting rid of your biggest legend which still had a lot to offer wasn't enough, they somehow made sure to make a joke out of themselves while at it aswell, altough in truth luckily for us they sort of made up for it a year later with Tevez's arrival which did help a bit in masking some of the idiocy they pulled up the previous summer.

Without a doubt Del Piero should have been offered proper guarantees for another year to be able to finish off his career with a few more memorable UCL appearances in a Juventus shirt, deserved to compete amongst the elite for one last time on the biggest stage, he earned it as much as everyone else in that last season.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing him talk about it really gave me the chills a bit, we certainly could have handled it so much better...

- - - Updated - - -

Probably one of those decisions/moments that will forever stay with some of us, no matter how much time passes, as much as we try to forget about, it does happen that even the slightest mention of it already manages to bring back some of the anger from those days. :lol: Still can’t quite fully get over it i guess. :D

Last edited:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It’s been said several times that Agnelli and co. did him wrong

I hope he stays away from this toxic club in its current state. He’s been living his best life away from Juventus.

Agnelli is clearly not the type to swallow his pride nor groom his eyebrows

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Must probably be THE dumbest decision of the Agnelli-Marotta-Conte cycle, getting rid of Del Piero after 2011/2012 without any immediate suitable replacement was unexcusable, even a 37yo Del Piero was still levels above(both on the field aswell as marketing wise) than the mediocrity we had on offer in the attacking department at the time.

And also to think we let him go just to then bring in the likes of a totally washed up Anelka and ultimate meme player Bendtner to conclude the 2012/2013 season with.. as if getting rid of your biggest legend which still had a lot to offer wasn't enough, they somehow made sure to make a joke out of themselves while at it aswell, altough in truth luckily for us they sort of made up for it a year later with Tevez's arrival which did help a bit in masking some of the idiocy they pulled up the previous summer.

Without a doubt Del Piero should have been offered proper guarantees for another year to be able to finish off his career with a few more memorable UCL appearances in a Juventus shirt, deserved to compete amongst the elite for one last time on the biggest stage, he earned it as much as everyone else in that last season.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing him talk about it really gave me the chills a bit, we certainly could have handled it so much better...

- - - Updated - - -

Probably one of those decisions/moments that will forever stay with some of us, no matter how much time passes, as much as we try to forget about, it does happen that even the slightest mention of it already manages to bring back some of the anger from those days. :lol: Still can’t quite fully get over it i guess. :D
All true. But DP still had a perfect goodbye, which gives a little consolation I guess.

Also, not coming to JS is his own decision I think. Wants a bit more time to pass.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
All true. But DP still had a perfect goodbye, which gives a little consolation I guess.

Also, not coming to JS is his own decision I think. Wants a bit more time to pass.
I don't think it was a perfect goodbye.

Totti had a perfect goodbye. The opportunity to say a speech etc

A lap of honour is not enough for a legend like Del Piero.

- - - Updated - - -

The massive jersey on the field, all the players and family there in one moment to say goodbye etc that's a perfect goodbye not the shit Alex got. He has basically been shut out since he stepped off the field.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
There's most likely a beef with Andrea Agnelli, there's no secret there. Seems like he could have even continued playing for us but then he was pushed out

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
There's most likely a beef with Andrea Agnelli, there's no secret there. Seems like he could have even continued playing for us but then he was pushed out
i don't think unibrow makes technical decisions. :boh: they also met and hugged each other at a basketball game some years ago:

1624206036730.png

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i don't think unibrow makes technical decisions. :boh: they also met and hugged each other at a basketball game some years ago:

1624206036730.png
The only constant 10 years after he retired has been AA

other personnel have all left the club

I doubt Elkann has beef with a player. Billionaires have better things to do

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The only constant 10 years after he retired has been AA

other personnel have all left the club

I doubt Elkann has beef with a player. Billionaires have better things to do
nedved is still there, tici just left. if adp visits the stadium soon, then it was tici.

it's not elkann. he's at the stadium like 4-5 times per season, he's very easy to avoid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 36)