Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (240 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Fantastic assist, very good performance overall. He almost scored one from 5 meters away, but the GK denied it with good reflex.

Friday against M.Victory, first playoff game in Australia. Very difficult match and it's close too, I wish he could rest 2 more days. Not to mention this one could last 120 minutes. The good news - It's at Etihad stadium. I love it, makes me feel like I'm watching WC 2002 :D

Forza Ale!
Why does Etihad Stadium make you feel like it's WC 2002? :D

It's a piece of shit cricket/AFL stadium, horrible game to watch and play football on.

Aug 17, 2007
:lol:

I like it. I really enjoyed watching the last game (0-5), like it much more than the AAMI or whatever it's called. It just reminds me of WC 2002, I'm not sure why :D While watching the 0-5 I felt like I'm back 12 years in time. Something about the atmosphere, the fact the that stands are a bit far from the pitch and the hours, of course (WC 2002 and the A-League, the only football I watched in morning time in my life).

I hope Ale's season won't be over on Friday. Beyond that, I hope he'll be offered a new contract.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
There's talk here in Sydney about him wanting to stay for one more season, but the board do not want to offer him the same amount of money again. So in other words, in order for him to stay, he must accept a massive pay cut.

Sydney would be fucking stupid not to keep him on for another season, he is their creative fulcrum, and they always play much better when he's on. If he leaves Sydney, I'm pretty sure he will retire.

Aug 17, 2007
Yeah, I read those reports. They idiots for sure if they give up on him. I believe he'd accept a pay-cut, for him it was never about money. He wants to play on, if Sydney will offer him a contract I'm sure he'll play next season.

Nov 17, 2012
Fuck it, in the end Gio doesn't pack it to be Il Nuovo Del Piero. Bring back the real thing, ship out Vucinic, Gio, Quags & Oswald; bring in Immobile and use ADP as a bench bound impact player.. Imagine him winning the CL in his final season as a player, scoring a goal in the final?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There's talk here in Sydney about him wanting to stay for one more season, but the board do not want to offer him the same amount of money again. So in other words, in order for him to stay, he must accept a massive pay cut.

Sydney would be $#@!ing stupid not to keep him on for another season, he is their creative fulcrum, and they always play much better when he's on. If he leaves Sydney, I'm pretty sure he will retire.
No no. He should come to Vancouver to play in the MLS! Then I can watch him play every weekend!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah…will be tough for Sydney IMO. They haven't lost to Victory this season (which is really rare, Victory have a pretty good record against them), but I can see Sydney losing this one. Victory are coming into form at the right time, they will have a packed stadium behind them and I think Sydney are in pretty ordinary form (Ale aside)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I think Del Piero will stay with them.. he is having a good time in Sydney... I think he'd even play for less than a million if they'd ask him... It's all about playing on and enjoying a life in sydney he never had in italy (a bit more privacy with his wife and childeren.. and so on...)

After that i hope to see him at Juventus again... Youth coach or scout.. i don't care... he has to be connected to juve again just like nedved...

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
I think Del Piero will stay with them.. he is having a good time in Sydney... I think he'd even play for less than a million if they'd ask him... It's all about playing on and enjoying a life in sydney he never had in italy (a bit more privacy with his wife and childeren.. and so on...)

After that i hope to see him at Juventus again... Youth coach or scout.. i don't care... he has to be connected to juve again just like nedved...
Del Piero is one of the closest players to my heart... At one point when he gets sub I just turn of the TV... He just knew how to get Juve going :)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Everything Pirlo wrote about ADP in his book:

Alessandro Del Piero gets where I’m coming from. It’s only on his face that I’ve seen the same sort of
look that disfigures mine during the pre-match warm-up. His last year at Juventus sticks in my mind as
a kind of sporting agony; the drawn out death of an intense love that’s destined to disappear, second
by second, piece by piece, until it’s nothing but one-way affection. And if there’s only fondness on
one side, the whole thing becomes a bit pointless.
He wasn’t playing and he was suffering as a result. It was eating him up inside, and that
unhappiness was obvious on the exterior. He looked like he wanted to smash up the world and
everything in it: his face said it all about the horror he was living.
He tried to disguise his true feelings, but couldn’t quite pull it off. In this life, you’re either a man
or an actor, there’s nothing in between. Alessandro’s attempt to put on a brave face proved pretty
terrible and, as such, the example he set was priceless. He’s a one-off and the same guy now he’s
always been. The fact that Sydney’s a 24-hour flight from Turin hasn’t changed him one bit. He’s a
champion at home and abroad.
He suffered like crazy sitting on the bench that final year. Not letting him near a ball was the worst
kind of punishment for him. He had a full season of being sent to bed with no dinner and no No.10.
All he got was a pair of black-and-white striped pyjamas without a name on the back. The classic
garb of a prisoner who hasn’t been put to death but is condemned to permanent exile.
Never once did Alessandro complain in front of his team-mates; he always showed great dignity.
You wouldn’t see much of him in the dressing room during the week – he had his own personal
trainer to put him through his paces because, after all, the perfect engine deserves special care and
attention. In the mornings, he’d always arrive before everyone else, get changed and hole himself up
in a little gym a few metres along from the one used by the rest of the squad. He’d join the main group
only when the balls appeared and it was time to work on the technical stuff. When we needed him, he
was there, and we were very aware of his presence. We were all pretty sad that a true champion like
him had to leave, particularly when the team (his team) had just started winning again.
Even though we knew how the story would end, it was still upsetting. After all, we’re talking about
one of the most historic standard bearers in Juventus history. And when I say historic, I’m talking
about his influence as well as his age.
I don’t know exactly what went on between him and president Agnelli. I couldn’t tell you which
internal mechanism stopped working or what little bug got into the system – I’ve never thought it
appropriate to ask. I’ve got huge respect for both men, and there must be a valid reason for them
having reached the end of the line. It’s purely their business, a private matter that all started with
differing views on a contract extension that never actually materialised.
It’s a shame really, because Del Piero still had plenty to offer Juventus. A guy like him is always
going to come in handy. Great people and exemplary professionals are the sort of folks I’d want at my
side 24 hours a day and Alessandro is both those things.
It’s not by chance that he’s had such a world-class career. Even in those latter days, he’d still put
on a masterclass of nobility whenever he got some game-time. The very essence of beauty presented
in summary form: a few pages, a brief look, and you’d learned the lesson. Those moments were his chance to become a child again, even if he wasn’t far away from hitting 40. More than once, he cried
in front of everyone, holding nothing back. Just as a kid would, in fact.
After his penultimate appearance in a Juventus jersey (a home game against Atalanta in May 2012),
he was finally overwhelmed by all the emotions he’d managed to keep a lid on up till then. His ego,
his desire to be involved, that need to feel like a true bianconero. He flooded the dressing room with
tears, and we did the same, both with him and for him. And then we said goodbye before he headed
off to Sydney.
Alessandro chose the other side of the world to start over and carry on his career. It couldn’t have
gone any other way, really. If he’d stayed in Italy or moved to another league close by, he’d have just
ended up feeling terribly homesick. Juventus is an almost physical attraction for him: it’s like putting
one magnet next to another.
Thanks to my pathological devotion to the Italy jersey, people say I’m a player who belongs to
everyone. Sometimes I’ll find opposition fans applauding me when we play on the road. Del Piero
went one step further: supporters of other teams put him on a pedestal because he was a one-club
man. They loved his dedication; the fact that he’d married a cause and stayed faithful, becoming
something more than a mere footballer, as well as one of the all-time greats.
Earning that sort of reaction is nothing short of miraculous in an age when Juventus have started
winning again and are thus widely disliked.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Everything Pirlo wrote about ADP in his book:

Alessandro Del Piero gets where I’m coming from. It’s only on his face that I’ve seen the same sort of
look that disfigures mine during the pre-match warm-up. His last year at Juventus sticks in my mind as
a kind of sporting agony; the drawn out death of an intense love that’s destined to disappear, second
by second, piece by piece, until it’s nothing but one-way affection. And if there’s only fondness on
one side, the whole thing becomes a bit pointless.
He wasn’t playing and he was suffering as a result. It was eating him up inside, and that
unhappiness was obvious on the exterior. He looked like he wanted to smash up the world and
everything in it: his face said it all about the horror he was living.
He tried to disguise his true feelings, but couldn’t quite pull it off. In this life, you’re either a man
or an actor, there’s nothing in between. Alessandro’s attempt to put on a brave face proved pretty
terrible and, as such, the example he set was priceless. He’s a one-off and the same guy now he’s
always been. The fact that Sydney’s a 24-hour flight from Turin hasn’t changed him one bit. He’s a
champion at home and abroad.
He suffered like crazy sitting on the bench that final year. Not letting him near a ball was the worst
kind of punishment for him. He had a full season of being sent to bed with no dinner and no No.10.
All he got was a pair of black-and-white striped pyjamas without a name on the back. The classic
garb of a prisoner who hasn’t been put to death but is condemned to permanent exile.
Never once did Alessandro complain in front of his team-mates; he always showed great dignity.
You wouldn’t see much of him in the dressing room during the week – he had his own personal
trainer to put him through his paces because, after all, the perfect engine deserves special care and
attention. In the mornings, he’d always arrive before everyone else, get changed and hole himself up
in a little gym a few metres along from the one used by the rest of the squad. He’d join the main group
only when the balls appeared and it was time to work on the technical stuff. When we needed him, he
was there, and we were very aware of his presence. We were all pretty sad that a true champion like
him had to leave, particularly when the team (his team) had just started winning again.
Even though we knew how the story would end, it was still upsetting. After all, we’re talking about
one of the most historic standard bearers in Juventus history. And when I say historic, I’m talking
about his influence as well as his age.
I don’t know exactly what went on between him and president Agnelli. I couldn’t tell you which
internal mechanism stopped working or what little bug got into the system – I’ve never thought it
appropriate to ask. I’ve got huge respect for both men, and there must be a valid reason for them
having reached the end of the line. It’s purely their business, a private matter that all started with
differing views on a contract extension that never actually materialised.
It’s a shame really, because Del Piero still had plenty to offer Juventus. A guy like him is always
going to come in handy. Great people and exemplary professionals are the sort of folks I’d want at my
side 24 hours a day and Alessandro is both those things.
It’s not by chance that he’s had such a world-class career. Even in those latter days, he’d still put
on a masterclass of nobility whenever he got some game-time. The very essence of beauty presented
in summary form: a few pages, a brief look, and you’d learned the lesson. Those moments were his chance to become a child again, even if he wasn’t far away from hitting 40. More than once, he cried
in front of everyone, holding nothing back. Just as a kid would, in fact.
After his penultimate appearance in a Juventus jersey (a home game against Atalanta in May 2012),
he was finally overwhelmed by all the emotions he’d managed to keep a lid on up till then. His ego,
his desire to be involved, that need to feel like a true bianconero. He flooded the dressing room with
tears, and we did the same, both with him and for him. And then we said goodbye before he headed
off to Sydney.
Alessandro chose the other side of the world to start over and carry on his career. It couldn’t have
gone any other way, really. If he’d stayed in Italy or moved to another league close by, he’d have just
ended up feeling terribly homesick. Juventus is an almost physical attraction for him: it’s like putting
one magnet next to another.
Thanks to my pathological devotion to the Italy jersey, people say I’m a player who belongs to
everyone. Sometimes I’ll find opposition fans applauding me when we play on the road. Del Piero
went one step further: supporters of other teams put him on a pedestal because he was a one-club
man. They loved his dedication; the fact that he’d married a cause and stayed faithful, becoming
something more than a mere footballer, as well as one of the all-time greats.
Earning that sort of reaction is nothing short of miraculous in an age when Juventus have started
winning again and are thus widely disliked.
wow :delpiero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 237)