Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (84 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
The final lap he made against Atalanta made me cry. It was such a sad moment; I started watching Juve because of Del piero. As a 12 year old kid, I would watch Abu Dhabi sports channel, and the man with a cast on his hand scored the third goal from 22 yards in a 3:1 win over Parma in 2001.
9 years later, I cheered for every goal he scored, mourned for every tragic moment he had, and smiled for all the beautiful moments that me and every Juventino experienced with the greatest captain in football. I'm glad I got to see him live, if only twice. I still remember the first time was when he came to Abu Dhabi and played a friendly ( Juve vs World All Stars). The previous day a training session was held. I was surprised to see all the Juventino supporters gathered around yelling, " Alex, Alex, Alex" and taking pictures of his every move. I saw the great man on the pitch training, he must have been only a few meters away. As a 13 year old kid, I was watching my idol in front of me. I didn't jump and cheer, I didn't call out his name. I stood there, took it all in, and watched him quietly, as if it was a dream and I couldn't believe it. Training ended. Trezeguet had a big smile on his face and jogged towards the locker room. Davids then followed shortly as he waved and smiled to the fans. And then Alessandro Del piero walked into the tunnel. And people were just going crazy ( as the tunnel was right under us), everyone just begging for an interview. I later learned that there were Inter fans who were among the people who begged for his autograph after the game.

I witnessed 9 extraordinary years of this magician. I wished it could have been more. I wish I could have been aware of Juventus in the 90's, the glory years, but it wasn't to be. I have grown, and I now care very much for this team that I am attached to because of Ale. It was about Del Piero, but now it's about Juve. They are simply a part of who I am. But the child in me, will always remember the one player that always made me run around my living room like a mental case, the man who brought me love for football, and Juventus. The man who instilled a passion in me that would surely last forever, the man who taught me that patience, class, and discipline are the makings of a great person. The man who brought tears, dreams, joy, and hope and every emotion conceivable.

I have stopped posting at the forums for a long time, because life has become so fast paced for me. But I always visit every once in a while. And I one to make just a small contribution to this thread, and give my thank you to the brilliant man, and to my childhood legend. I will never forget you, memories of you will always make me smile, and believe me, things will never be the same without you. You will missed tremendously, but as I have learned, nothing every stays the same, although you playing for Juve are just one of those few things that I never wanted to change.

Grazie Ale .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I'm with you man I just cant believe it. I swear I don't en care out the Coppa I just wished we won it for Alex but I'm honestly more disappointed that's the last we'll see him in a Juve jersey. Fuck Agnelli why!!

---------- Post added 20.05.2012 at 22:12 ----------

Either way whoever he plays for next season consider that jersey bought

Sep 2, 2004
Del Piero is the reason I follow Juventus and football in general. He is my favorite player of all time. I started watching him when I was 8 years old and now 16 years later it feels like the end of an era. I cant believe that he is no longer going to wear a Juventus jersey. :depressed

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
Feb 27, 2005
Del Piero, the name wont be erased from my mind...watched u CL vs ajax 96, vs dortmund madrid milan all these days the scudettos from vialli ravanelli peruzzi days to this day...the euro 96 where u used to stick nose bands on ur nose till the world cup glory...u were a part of my childhood happiness...cant believe this is the Final Farewell...10!!!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
A lot of people are saying it ended badly, I say it could've been worse... ASAIC his farewell game was vs Atalanta a week ago - and it was absolutely perfect. Thank you for everything Ale, I'll always be by your side :touched:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
ĵџvє_вãвγ;3681893 said:
i don't want to see him wearing other than Juve jersey :sigh: ..***..
It wasn't his decision.

In Asia, there's a chance for my homwtown team to play Ale's. Luca Toni came to Esfahan last year, so should Alex :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)