Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (204 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
No one talked about their fans, but their management. Galliani really wanted Maldini to stay, he offered him new contract, but Maldini decided to retire.
Wrong.

Maldini said in a recent interview that he wanted to take a role in Milan after retirement but Galliani pushed him away. He wants Maldini out of the club as long as he's in charge.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 17, 2007
Wrong.

Maldini said in a recent interview that he wanted to take a role in Milan after retirement but Galliani pushed him away. He wants Maldini out of the club as long as he's in charge.
No. He said that Silvio and Barbara Berlusconi told him they want him in the club, but he didn't recieve any offers yet, and he doesn't know if it's because of Galliani. Anyway, when he was a player no one pushed him out. They offered him contract after contract, it was him who decided to retire.

---------- Post added 18.04.2012 at 17:35 ----------

Pirlo...

and then trying to get him suspended via videos on their website.
Don't mention Pirlo in one disccusion with Ale and Maldini, we're talking about the greatest symbols in history of football

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
No. He said that Silvio and Barbara Berlusconi told him they want him in the club, but he didn't recieve any offers yet, and he doesn't know if it's because of Galliani. Anyway, when he was a player no one pushed him out. They offered him contract after contract, it was him who decided to retire.
Berlusconi owns the disgusting club. If he wants something, it'll happen.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I don't care if other clubs aren't classy and treat their heroes well. I do care when Juventus don't. I've always taken pride in thinking that our club is the classiest out there. I always believed that every other club is beneath us. Maybe I am delusional. Not maybe, I think I am. When I think about it, the reason why I believed our club was the best (keeping all sporting reasons aside) is because we had someone who oozes class on and off the field as our talisman. Whenever I talk about Juventus to my friends, the image in their head is that of Del Piero, like it is in mine. It is that image that has defined the class of Juventus as a club (apart from the sporting achievements) in my generation. At those moments I felt superior to them, it didn't matter if we were in Serie B or 7th in the standings. We were better. With him being let go, the way he is, it's hard for me to keep having the same respect I have for this club. Will I continue to support them? Yes. I know no other way. But something would have changed, the passion would have burned out a little.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I don't care if other clubs aren't classy and treat their heroes well. I do care when Juventus don't. I've always taken pride in thinking that our club is the classiest out there. I always believed that every other club is beneath us. Maybe I am delusional. Not maybe, I think I am. When I think about it, the reason why I believed our club was the best (keeping all sporting reasons aside) is because we had someone who oozes class on and off the field as our talisman. Whenever I talk about Juventus to my friends, the image in their head is that of Del Piero, like it is in mine. It is that image that has defined the class of Juventus as a club (apart from the sporting achievements) in my generation. At those moments I felt superior to them, it didn't matter if we were in Serie B or 7th in the standings. We were better. With him being let go, the way he is, it's hard for me to keep having the same respect I have for this club. Will I continue to support them? Yes. I know no other way. But something would have changed, the passion would have burned out a little.
I feel the same :tup:

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Vialli: 'Juve strikers scared of Del Piero'
By Football Italia staff

Gianluca Vialli believes Juventus have done the right thing in letting Alessandro Del Piero go. “His presence scares the other strikers.”

The captain’s contract expires in June and the club does not seem likely to bow to fan pressure for an extension.

“It wasn’t a low blow. Perhaps Del Piero announcing a year ago that he’d sign a blank contract rather surprised President Andrea Agnelli,” Vialli told Sky Sport Italia.

“It is legitimate for Juve to think of a future without Del Piero. Maybe his presence scares the other strikers, as they do not feel relaxed and able to give their best. Perhaps having such an important man on the bench means they cannot take full responsibility.

“Besides, as far as Del Piero is concerned, it is better to be regretted than have people put up with you. It’s best not to one day hear someone say: 'Oi, when are you going to retire?’”

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
JUST GIVE HIM AS MANY YEARS AS HE WANTS FFS!!!
What the hell is this??
I don't want just another year, in the next year if Ale decides he doesn't want to retire i'll want him to get ANOTHER year at Juve.
Give him a contract and let him sign the years and you sign his wages.
Totti is getting 6m and our Captain 1m :sergio::sergio:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I can understand where he is comming from but i dont agree with what he is saying. Del Piero is a humble guy and im sure he makes the other strikers feel very comfortable and confident in themselves... Now if it was Totti on the other hand id say he would make whoever starts ahead of him feel like shit on a daily basis :D

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Del Piero 'welcome at Udinese'
By Football Italia staff

Udinese patron Giampaolo Pozzo has suggested an intriguing proposition. “Alessandro Del Piero would do very well here.”

The Juventus captain will be a free agent in June and many expect him to move to the American MLS to see out his career.

“We don’t rule anything out, especially as Antonio Di Natale isn’t exactly a kid and yet he’s our top scorer,” Pozzo told Sky Sport Italia.

“We also have players like Giampaolo Pinzi and Maurizio Domizzi who are over 30, so our team is a mixture of youth and experience. Udinese pick players based on their potential, their capacity and therefore do not rule anybody out.

“Of course Del Piero is undoubtedly a champion who would be of great use to Udinese, but there is also an economic consideration. He does not fit into the budget of a little club like Udinese.

“That would be the main reason why we don’t tend to sign mature champions. He’d do very well here, though, and help the locker room. His experience would be good for the side.”

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This is getting really frustrating with people saying things on one hand, and other raveners looking to sign DP for his ervices.

Just extend his contract and end this media parade agnelli FFS.

This is incredible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 199)