Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (229 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
I don't see anything wrong with those statements. He's the captain and the leader, someone has to try and lift the spirit of the fans, somehow, and it can only be him. Stay quiet and hide in difficult moments isn't better, that's for sure.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with those statements. He's the captain and the leader, someone has to try and lift the spirit of the fans, somehow, and it can only be him. Stay quiet and hide in difficult moments isn't better, that's for sure.
Well, I am a fan as well. Of both the team & the player in question.
But him saying this in public, again and again and again, does not lift my spirit. It does the exact opposite.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It sure doesn't make me feel worse but it doesn't stir me up either. I have become apathetic to such talks. I still think that the majority of fans would like to read and hear such interviews.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It sure doesn't make me feel worse but it doesn't stir me up either. I have become apathetic to such talks. I still think that the majority of fans would like to read and hear such interviews.
Same here.
Last year I was mad when after every failure Del Piero, the coaches and other players were saying these things, just to see the team's moral in an even worse state the next match. This year I don't give a damn about it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Same here.
Last year I was mad when after every failure Del Piero, the coaches and other players were saying these things, just to see the team's moral in an even worse state the next match. This year I don't give a damn about it.
It's odd. Last season those type of comments never bothered me, also apathy if you will. This season however it does anger me quite a bit.

I wonder how we'll feel about them next season :D

Aug 17, 2007
Was a bit tired (third match in less than a week), but he's the main reason for the change we did and the fact we controlled the match after the goals we conceded. His touches in the midfield, the "Give and take" passes, opened the game and allowed us control. He always there when the attack stuck. Without him, lot of our attacks would have end with stupid long balls or just lost balls. Maybe it didn't look like that, but he's our match organizer (don't forget we got the corner that lead to the goal after a great pass by him).

*Bad FK. (One of them should have got us a penalty, oh well...).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 220)