Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (158 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
IMO, Ale and Buffon should be the only ones to make these statement and lift up our team's moral. I would agree with Buck if it's someone else other than them who made this statement but Ale is the only voice we can listen to in desperate times.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Ale gives 1500% every match. It's some other players that should put more effort...
IMO, Ale and Buffon should be the only ones to make these statement and lift up our team's moral. I would agree with Buck if it's someone else other than them who made this statement but Ale is the only voice we can listen to in desperate times.
I really don't care who comes out & says these things. It's the same story over and over again. "We received another setback, now we must work hard to set things straight". Repeat ad infinitum.
Don't talk about it, do it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I really don't care who comes out & says these things. It's the same story over and over again. "We received another setback, now we must work hard to set things straight". Repeat ad infinitum.
Don't talk about it, do it.
Del Piero is the captain of the team, what do you want him to do or act? Stay quiet? It's his duty to make statements in these difficult moments. He shouldn't only be a captain and leader on the pitch but also off it too.

Personally, it makes a lot of difference to me and many others if Ale states how we should work hard and bounce back more than lets say Melo or Krasic. The man feels he's part of responsibility and it only makes sense to state this in this difficult moment.

Aug 17, 2007
Del Piero is the captain of the team, what do you want him to do or act? Stay quiet? It's his duty to make statements in these difficult moments. He shouldn't only a captain and leader on the pitch but also off it too.

Personally, it makes a lot of difference to me and many others if Ale states how we should work hard and bounce back more than lets say Melo or Krasic. The man feels he's part of responsibility and it only makes sense to state this in this difficult moment.
:agree:

Ale is a commander. And commander always knows what to do, even when he doesn't. If he won't keep saying those things, things will get worse, start from the players' moral.

Btw, there's only one Ale!!! Il Capitano nostro! Sorry for saying Ale-Ale...Matri is Matri :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Del Piero is the captain of the team, what do you want him to do or act? Stay quiet? It's his duty to make statements in these difficult moments. He shouldn't only be a captain and leader on the pitch but also off it too.

I honestly wouldn't mind him (& the rest) staying quiet.

Meh, maybe it's me. For the first time ever, I'm just fed up with our situation.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

It's important that he says it to his teammates in private.

It's not really necessary for him to repeat it to the Press.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 154)