Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (247 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
TBH I had no idea he got jeered off by their fans, if true, then they are retards.
Not only he got jeered, but there were some banners written on it: There's only one captain with number 6 next to it, referring to Baresi. :sergio:

I remember Al-Jazeera commentators saying something like, look at the difference, how Pavel Nedved is appreciated and is given respect from Juve fans while Maldini receiving jeers, it's incredible how classless Milan fans took this.

They both retired on the same day.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
TBH I had no idea he got jeered off by their fans, if true, then they are retards.

The whole thing was was about Baresi being real captain of AC Milan, not Maldini.

"Thanks captain. On the pitch you were an undying champion but you had no respect for those who made you rich," read one of the banners prepared by Ultras. "For your 25 years of glorious service you have the thanks of those who you called mercenaries and misers," read another. If the message was not necessarily scathing, it was certainly pointed. Next came a giant Milan shirt bearing the number six and accompanied by the words "There is only one captain, [Franco] Baresi".

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
watched that on tv, couldnt beleive what I was seeing, real idiots ,those milan fans,Paolo won so many trophies just to be jeered like outcast, disgrace
The whole thing was was about Baresi being real captain of AC Milan, not Maldini.

"Thanks captain. On the pitch you were an undying champion but you had no respect for those who made you rich," read one of the banners prepared by Ultras. "For your 25 years of glorious service you have the thanks of those who you called mercenaries and misers," read another. If the message was not necessarily scathing, it was certainly pointed. Next came a giant Milan shirt bearing the number six and accompanied by the words "There is only one captain, [Franco] Baresi".
Not only he got jeered, but there were some banners written on it: There's only one captain with number 6 next to it, referring to Baresi. :sergio:

I remember Al-Jazeera commentators saying something like, look at the difference, how Pavel Nedved is appreciated and is given respect from Juve fans while Maldini receiving jeers, it's incredible how classless Milan fans took this.

They both retired on the same day.
Jesus Christ... :sergio:

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Further down in the article:
Round 37 talking points

Ciro Ferrara got off to the ideal start after taking over as Juventus's caretaker, leading his team to a 3-0 win over Siena. Ferrara, the head of the club's academy, has already said that he would like to take the role on a permanent basis but Bari's manager Antonio Conte remains the favourite to take over.

• Jose Mourinho said on Thursday he is 99.9% certain to stay at Internazionale despite interest from Real Madrid. So who can blame Zlatan Ibrahimovic from saying exactly the same when asked about his own future yesterday? "I'm 99.9% staying," said Ibra after scoring Inter's only goal in a 2-1 defeat to Cagliari. That strike makes him Serie A's joint top-scorer, along with Bologna's Marco Di Vaio, on 23 goals.

:lol:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Agneli was interviewd by Tuttosport and among other things he was asked about Del Piero's contract. He is obviously prepared to offer DP a new contract but I don't know how to interpret some of the things he said.

Here:
"I rinnovi di Buffon e Del Piero?....Alex ha tutta la mia stima e la mia ammirazione. Al momento opportuno ci siederemo intorno a un tavolo e valuteremo il futuro. Avendo 36 anni, vorrei capire da lui come si sentirà tra sei mesi e non oggi. Tra sei mesi, quando gliene mancheranno cinque ai 37. Penso che non ci saranno problemi...".

"Alex has all my respect and admiration. At the appropriate time we will sit on the table and valuate his future. Having 36 years, I'd like to hear from him how he will feel in 6 months, not today. In 6 months he will be 5 months short from being 37 years old. I think that there should be no problems..."

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=242356

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Agneli was interviewd by Tuttosport and among other things he was asked about Del Piero's contract. He is obviously prepared to offer DP a new contract but I don't know how to interpret some of the things he said.

Here:
"I rinnovi di Buffon e Del Piero?....Alex ha tutta la mia stima e la mia ammirazione. Al momento opportuno ci siederemo intorno a un tavolo e valuteremo il futuro. Avendo 36 anni, vorrei capire da lui come si sentirà tra sei mesi e non oggi. Tra sei mesi, quando gliene mancheranno cinque ai 37. Penso che non ci saranno problemi...".

"Alex has all my respect and admiration. At the appropriate time we will sit on the table and valuate his future. Having 36 years, I'd like to hear from him how he will feel in 6 months, not today. In 6 months he will be 5 months short from being 37 years old. I think that there should be no problems..."

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=242356
Doesn't look like he implied anything by that. Just playing the waiting card.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Doesn't look like he implied anything by that. Just playing the waiting card.
I think that what he said is that whatever Del Piero will choose Juventus will accept it. I was under the impression that a new contract will be signed any time now, but from Agnelli's words it looks like they will all wait till the end of the season and then they will let Del Piero decide what to do.
Mentioning Del Piero's age and how old will he be in the summer was intriguing though.

Mar 9, 2006
I think that what he said is that whatever Del Piero will choose Juventus will accept it. I was under the impression that a new contract will be signed any time now, but from Agnelli's words it looks like they will all wait till the end of the season and then they will let Del Piero decide what to do.
Mentioning Del Piero's age and how old will he be in the summer was intriguing though.
Del Piero will play on the new stadium, no doubt.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
He will end up just like Nedved, his contract will expire, Juve won't offer a new one, and he will decide to retire instead of moving elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 243)