Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (85 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

How can one miss such a chance?
your being a bit harsh, Jeeks...Trezeguet missed a chance aswell, an easy one, still no-body opened his mouth.......It's not the end of the world if he missed a chance....

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++

Not doubting you, amico mio....but how so?
Moggi is a very practical man. What does he sees in DP?:

DP is not a high money transfer fee. He produces much more selling shirts and comercializing his image.Also, his controversial career keeps the teams on the news. Do you imagine the zillions of articles writed about DP until know? As Salvador Dali, supermaster of publicity, once, said: "let them talk about me....even if is with good worlds"

An intelligent and cool player that, even with his down forms, as the luck(?) to be determinant for the team

Someone who was planned by the big boss (Agnelli RIP ) to stay in here for the long run, taking gerencial place when retired...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Agreed!Nothing is more important than Juve.
Though as controversial as it may sound and noone beleives it: DP might have in all his years at Juventus achieved that feat, the feat of being as big as the club. How many worship him, even above the club. Though i'm certain 90% of these wil always remain faitfull Juventino's.
A good friend of mine for example is a big DP fan, I mean really big - Azzurri7 big(no offence). Though i'm 100% confident he will always remain a juventus fan at nr1.

Not many, or none at all, can or will ever achieve such a thing - to be so important at a club.
Off the field , especially under Lippi, how important DP was for juve, the ambassador, the symbol, often called mr. Juventus. Notice how the old guard of Tacchinardi, Montero, Ferrara etc. always backed DP and stood behind him. Not without reason I would presume. Every outsider associates Juventus with Del Piero, I can't think any club besides Milan with Maldini that has anything similar.

It's only now under Capello, that things have changed. From a certain perspective it may very well be a good thing, as the manager decides who should start. Though Capello has disrespected and disregarded Del Piero at many occasions. I remember the changing rooms incident last season, were Capello was angry with DP. DP though was backed up by the old guard I summed up earlier. Now though the old guard (with the exception of Pessotto and Birindelli) has dissapeared. Del Piero will have an even tougher season, with out the backup of his old friends. If anyone can do it though; Alex Del Piero can. He'll pull a rabbit out of his hat, and do the unthinkable. Mark my words. Capello willing ofcourse...

To end this little rant: It's getting a little sickening how so many want to dispose of Del Piero, like the 'garbage can' they empty every day.
At least grant him the respect he has deserved.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

your being a bit harsh, Jeeks...Trezeguet missed a chance aswell, an easy one, still no-body opened his mouth.......It's not the end of the world if he missed a chance....
Harsh by asking a questoin? Damn!! We reached the era of not even asking a question on Del Piero.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Moggi is a very practical man. What does he sees in DP?:

DP is not a high money transfer fee. He produces much more selling shirts and comercializing his image.Also, his controversial career keeps the teams on the news. Do you imagine the zillions of articles writed about DP until know? As Salvador Dali, supermaster of publicity, once, said: "let them talk about me....even if is with good worlds"

An intelligent and cool player that, even with his down forms, as the luck(?) to be determinant for the team

Someone who was planned by the big boss (Agnelli RIP ) to stay in here for the long run, taking gerencial place when retired...

i just wanna say one thing

-controvercy thy name is cassano

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Im seriously sick of all this argueing especially over a clubs captain of so long. THis is just gettin ****ing ridiculous here is what it comes down to.
-Del Piero is at Juventus
-Cassano is at Roma
-Del PIero is captain of Juventus
-Del Piero is benched for Capellos preferal of ****ing foreigners
-I dont like Capello and Capello doesnt like Del Piero
Is there nething neone can do about it? NO

But please take note who has been with Juventus through thick and thin and take note which character has come from a rival club which we hate so much and is now bringing a bunch of players who are from that club. Now please tell me who you want at Juventus, personally i say i want the guy who shows love and passion for his team not a coach who just comes to a prestigious club to get the "job" done. And if someone replies that he brought a trophy to Juventus, just remember whos brought six to HIS club. Thats all i have to say and thats all i will say.

Forza Del Piero
We are with you through thick and thin no matter what!!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I think Del Piero should retire at Juve. He should never be let out. He has served the club so much that this should be rewarded from both club management and fans.
Now regarding starting 11. If Del Piero is not fit to start he should not. If there is a better effective player that should start then the other player should start.
Del Piero is 31. So don't expect him to run as a 20 year old. He has been running for Juve since he was under 20. So respect him for that.

Nevertheless, when Del Piero is on the field I know that with a glipce of his genious we can win a match, e.g. Juve Vs Milan.
The difference between Del Piero and many other maybe more skillfull forwards is that Del Piero has a brilliant way of thinking. He always play simple.
I beleive that he shouldn't be kept away from the starting 11 alot. Because he is one of those players that should be kept in the field alot to perform. Meaning he can lose form by sitting on the bench.
I still believe that our best chances in winning something this year is by playing 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. With DP, Mutu, Trezeguet, Ibra and Zalayata all taking parts of it.
Don't put Alex as a right midfielder like capello did in Inter's game. Its wrong. He will not perform. A left wing sounds much more reasonable since he prefers playing at the left side. If you put a player in a place he is not comfortable in he will not perform.
Del Piero should play either as a forward or a behind the forwards in a trianglular formation.
You can say Del Piero did not play well.. But you cannot say Del Piero is crap. because this is being impolite. You can say Mutu was crap, but you can't say that about Del Piero, nor Pessotto nor Zambrotta .etc Those who have given Juve alot for many many years. Pessotto has been at Juve for 10 years, you cannot say he is crap.
Its not just Del Piero. Its respecting Juve and their honorable players.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
I think Del Piero should retire at Juve. He should never be let out. He has served the club so much that this should be rewarded from both club management and fans.
Now regarding starting 11. If Del Piero is not fit to start he should not. If there is a better effective player that should start then the other player should start.
Del Piero is 31. So don't expect him to run as a 20 year old. He has been running for Juve since he was under 20. So respect him for that.

Nevertheless, when Del Piero is on the field I know that with a glipce of his genious we can win a match, e.g. Juve Vs Milan.
The difference between Del Piero and many other maybe more skillfull forwards is that Del Piero has a brilliant way of thinking. He always play simple.
I beleive that he shouldn't be kept away from the starting 11 alot. Because he is one of those players that should be kept in the field alot to perform. Meaning he can lose form by sitting on the bench.
I still believe that our best chances in winning something this year is by playing 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. With DP, Mutu, Trezeguet, Ibra and Zalayata all taking parts of it.
Don't put Alex as a right midfielder like capello did in Inter's game. Its wrong. He will not perform. A left wing sounds much more reasonable since he prefers playing at the left side. If you put a player in a place he is not comfortable in he will not perform.
Del Piero should play either as a forward or a behind the forwards in a trianglular formation.
You can say Del Piero did not play well.. But you cannot say Del Piero is crap. because this is being impolite. You can say Mutu was crap, but you can't say that about Del Piero, nor Pessotto nor Zambrotta .etc Those who have given Juve alot for many many years. Pessotto has been at Juve for 10 years, you cannot say he is crap.
Its not just Del Piero. Its respecting Juve and their honorable players.
forza del piero

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
Im seriously sick of all this argueing especially over a clubs captain of so long. THis is just gettin ****ing ridiculous here is what it comes down to.
-Del Piero is at Juventus
-Cassano is at Roma
-Del PIero is captain of Juventus
-Del Piero is benched for Capellos preferal of ****ing foreigners
-I dont like Capello and Capello doesnt like Del Piero
Is there nething neone can do about it? NO

But please take note who has been with Juventus through thick and thin and take note which character has come from a rival club which we hate so much and is now bringing a bunch of players who are from that club. Now please tell me who you want at Juventus, personally i say i want the guy who shows love and passion for his team not a coach who just comes to a prestigious club to get the "job" done. And if someone replies that he brought a trophy to Juventus, just remember whos brought six to HIS club. Thats all i have to say and thats all i will say.

Forza Del Piero
We are with you through thick and thin no matter what!!
At least Azzurri7 argues with a bit of dignity when it comes to DP. We dont need racists like you, I think it adds shame to the ' DP lovers ' side anyway.

Get out.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

simply ? NO. everything coming from del piero should be considered a nice surprise and thats about it.

you guys a huge hypocrites, on one hand you say del piero shouldnt be "bashed" because of the expectations yet you put those high expectations on him.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Though as controversial as it may sound and noone beleives it: DP might have in all his years at Juventus achieved that feat, the feat of being as big as the club. How many worship him, even above the club. Though i'm certain 90% of these wil always remain faitfull Juventino's.
A good friend of mine for example is a big DP fan, I mean really big - Azzurri7 big(no offence). Though i'm 100% confident he will always remain a juventus fan at nr1.

Not many, or none at all, can or will ever achieve such a thing - to be so important at a club.
Off the field , especially under Lippi, how important DP was for juve, the ambassador, the symbol, often called mr. Juventus. Notice how the old guard of Tacchinardi, Montero, Ferrara etc. always backed DP and stood behind him. Not without reason I would presume. Every outsider associates Juventus with Del Piero, I can't think any club besides Milan with Maldini that has anything similar.

It's only now under Capello, that things have changed. From a certain perspective it may very well be a good thing, as the manager decides who should start. Though Capello has disrespected and disregarded Del Piero at many occasions. I remember the changing rooms incident last season, were Capello was angry with DP. DP though was backed up by the old guard I summed up earlier. Now though the old guard (with the exception of Pessotto and Birindelli) has dissapeared. Del Piero will have an even tougher season, with out the backup of his old friends. If anyone can do it though; Alex Del Piero can. He'll pull a rabbit out of his hat, and do the unthinkable. Mark my words. Capello willing ofcourse...

To end this little rant: It's getting a little sickening how so many want to dispose of Del Piero, like the 'garbage can' they empty every day.
At least grant him the respect he has deserved.
All I'm doing here is defending Del Piero.I like him so much that I can't explain.Before I said that nothing is more important than Juve I said that Del Piero is more important than Capello and that I think-he won't leave.
I agree with you about the old guard...in the club you always have divisions among the players into a specific groups.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
You questioned how Del Piero could've missed such a chance, automatically insinuating that he should've scored it...by his stadards you were being harsh on Del Piero for demanding he score, seeing that Trezeguet didn't score an easy chance as well(and presumably because Trez is supposed to be our best finisher).

I don't see how its so hard to get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 69)