Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (109 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
A switch to Milan sounds pretty pointless to me though. Their style of play certainly suits Alex better but he faces just as much if not more competition for a first team place at Milan. Personally I'd like to see him play for Tottenham. He's said in the past that he would like to play in the Premiership and that a London move would suit him. He'd have Davids there with him and what makes this even more interesting is that Tottenham are actually looking for a forward following the sale of Freddy Kanoute.
Juventus chief Moggi: Villa, Spurs in for Miccoli

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi has revealed Tottenham have joined Aston Villa in their interest for Fabrizio Miccoli.

Moggi confirmed last week that Aston Villa had made an offer for Miccoli, who is keen to leave Juve after upsetting fans with disparaging comments while on-loan at Fiorentina last season.

Last night, Moggi said: "There are two or three teams involved in the Champions League, plus teams like Tottenham and Benfica that want to sign him.

"If we can find a solution to the satisfaction of all parties he will leave. Otherwise we will have to wait until January."

source:tribalfootball

So I guess it's not going to be Tottenham for Del Piero this season Stuart

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
nah i remember that open goal he missed last year against livorno maybe? it was a header. i cant beleive he missed it haha.
and the next week he scored a double i think. hahahahaha.

the wonderful crazy world of alex delpiero.

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
Novellino in Del Piero call Wednesday 24 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria boss Walter Novellino has invited Juventus enigma Alessandro Del Piero to join him in Genoa.

The Bianconeri captain is seemingly no longer assured of a first team shirt at Juve, leading to stories of a possible departure.

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti stated at the weekend that he wouldn’t turn down the chance to sign him and Novellino shares the same view.

"They can give him to me," the tactician told the Turin-based Tuttosport newspaper on Wednesday.

"If Juventus want to be free of him, even if I think that is unlikely, then I would be delighted to have him in my side."

Novellino, one of Italy’s most promising tacticians, rates Del Piero’s current club highly and insists they will retain Lo Scudetto.

"They are even stronger than last season," he added. "Patrick Vieira is their best buy, while Emerson is a frightening leader. Zlatan Ibrahimovic? He is worthy of the Golden Ball.

"Milan are more spectacular than Juventus but they are less concrete at times."

Sampdoria finished fifth last term and Novellino is optimistic they can enjoy a similarly successful campaign this time around.

"The battle for fourth will be tough," he stated. "I respect all of our opponents but I would bet on Samp."

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Sampdoria would be a wonderful option for Del Piero. Novellino is a great manager and Samp is one of the better clubs in Italy with a pretty decent history. Moving to Genoa would make much more sense for Alex instead of falling in the ranks over at Milan, a place where he would not get much playing time either. And not to mention Samp could really use a player such as Del Piero, in marketing and football aspects alike.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I think Sampdoria would be a wonderful option for Del Piero. Novellino is a great manager and Samp is one of the better clubs in Italy with a pretty decent history. Moving to Genoa would make much more sense for Alex instead of falling in the ranks over at Milan, a place where he would not get much playing time either. And not to mention Samp could really use a player such as Del Piero, in marketing and football aspects alike.
Do you really want to start the same arguments with the same people but using Sampdoria instead of another club that has been mentioned?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 89)