Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (120 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
No offense gutterpoet, but reading your posts in this thread is hella annoying BS.

And thats not because I disagree, but because it just doesnt make sense to go such a extreme when he hadnt played 3 full games even this season, if it was a prolonged period of dissapointing, and not just recovering fitness, I would get it, but you to such extreme BS when that hasnt been the case, and its the same Ale ale who had scored most goals, and assisted most for us in last seasons average team. And was topscorer 1.5 season ago. In fact, just been scoring and assisting most for us in 3 seasons in a row. Say he is struggling to comeback into this current horrible team is one thing, to say the BS you say (and then accuse others of not being objective), however politely you put it, is not understandable or make sense, its like you gap a quite big gap in your rationale.

And, Rab, seriously man :touched: :touched:
its nonsense, osman, to say you dont disagree, then go on to disagree.

Its not the same Ale. Its not the same formation. He is older now. The team is in a shambles. There is no room for him in the ONLY formations which have been at all useful this season.

None of that is bullshit. I have repeatedly written how indeed, it seems disrespectful to sell him, rescinding my original assertion, unless, that is, he wants to be somewhere he can actually play a role in the first XI.

My posts make sense to anyone who understands english. Though perhaps you have a mental block when it comes to DP, like many others on here...I pay him his respect, but I refuse to judge him NOW on what he WAS. Its touching, in a sentimental way, but useless for the sake of discussion.

I have also repeatedly wished him well, at Juve or anywhere else...If you think that is bullshit. Learn english...

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
why do you think del piero is the problem poet? can't you see the team is miserable, our coach is ... (i can't tell because i'll get warned again), and our transfers sucked. What the hell is a man that didn't played 3 whole games in this season has to be put to wall?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Blondu, like Osman, and others, i think you ned help with your english...I have not once fingered DP as The Problem. Not once...If you want to defend the man against such preposterous accusations and suggestions, be my guest, but don't plant your defenses at my door...I have made it very clear, in english, that I was talking about his chances of playing, his age, and his desires to be playing first team football...nothing to do with our current crisis.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
On the current situation, Del Piero is actually the last and the least to blame. The problem lies somewhere else. It's even not our dependency on Del Piero. I would have accepted it if we'd had problems only in attack but the defense is even more calamitous, our new players haven't met the expectations yet, the coach is inept and even if Ale had been playing like the past few seasons, I still very much doubt if the situation would have changed drastically.

Melo is far from what we saw of him last season. Diego is a ghost comparing to his real self in Werder, Amauri is nowhere near what he used to be (and what we all expect of him), even Buffon is not the same. Wrong tactics and formations, wrong decisions, wrong coach and wrong board above all.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
On the current situation, Del Piero is actually the last and the least to blame. The problem lies somewhere else. It's even not our dependency on Del Piero. I would have accepted it if we'd had problems only in attack but the defense is even more calamitous, our new players haven't met the expectations yet, the coach is inept and even if Ale had been playing like the past few seasons, I still very much doubt if the situation would have changed drastically.

Melo is far from what we saw of him last season. Diego is a ghost comparing to his real self in Werder, Amauri is nowhere near what he used to be (and what we all expect of him), even Buffon is not the same. Wrong tactics and formations, wrong decisions, wrong coach and wrong board above all.
But there absolutely has been a huge reliance on Del Piero over the years. There's no denying it. It's not his fault that the team has relied on his services as the primary (and sometimes only) route of attack ever since Capello took charge, but the time has come to finally get off that dependency. We can't keep going back to an elderly Alex to solve our problems, and perhaps one good thing about Ciro is that he isn't playing Del Piero no matter what, trying to get the team to work around the new guys. This is the way forward. And while it may be painful at first, getting newer and younger personnel in there should be rewarding in the long run, so we just have to be patient.

Our problems are not the fault of Del Piero, but rather partly due to our dependency on him through the years.

This discussion is ludicrous. We're going to blame the guy who hardly even played? Come on. Had he played 15 games and sucked in all of them I actually might have thought about blaming Alex, but he was out injured for almost the entire first half of the season. If anything this even shows we need him. The last thing going through my mind right now is dropping him.

Hey, he's not 25 anymore and yes, there might be better strikers, but it's Del Piero and until we find a new one I want this one to play.
Nobody is blaming Alex, so don't worry. His form deserves criticism however.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
But there absolutely has been a huge reliance on Del Piero over the years. There's no denying it. It's not his fault that the team has relied on his services as the primary (and sometimes only) route of attack ever since Capello took charge, but the time has come to finally get off that dependency. We can't keep going back to an elderly Alex to solve our problems, and perhaps one good thing about Ciro is that he isn't playing Del Piero no matter what, trying to get the team to work around the new guys. This is the way forward. And while it may be painful at first, getting newer and younger personnel in there should be rewarding in the long run, so we just have to be patient.

Our problems are not the fault of Del Piero, but rather partly due to our dependency on him through the years.
I never denied the dependency on his services but no way is it even a little part of the problems we do have at the moment.

Nobody is blaming Alex, so don't worry. His form deserves criticism however.
Not really. Even form wise, he is the last one deserving to be criticized. He came back from a very long injury and he is yet to play three consecutive matches to regain his form, not to forget that the team's current state only makes the things more difficult for him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I never denied the dependency on his services but no way is it even a little part of the problems we do have at the moment.
I believe it is. We've been playing like crap for years now, always waiting for Del Piero to come out from nowhere to bail us out by creating goals.

Not really. Even form wise, he is the last one deserving to be criticized. He came back from a very long injury and he is yet to play three consecutive matches to regain his form, not to forget that the team's current state only makes the things more difficult for him.
Nah, he's been poor when he's came on. Totally deserved criticism, but since he's DP, people don't want to admit it.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I believe it is. We've been playing like crap for years now, always waiting for Del Piero to come out from nowhere to bail us out by creating goals.
There was no reliance on Del Piero when Capello was here. We were winning like crazy with Ale on the bench. Then we went/came back to Serie A and we started to play under an incompetent coach with an incompetent squad. We were playing like crap but there was Del Piero to save us from time to time. If we had a better coach, we wouldn't have played like crap and we wouldn't have been dependent on Ale that much. Ranieri left and we hired an inexperienced coach so even though we have a better squad now, we're still playing like crap and there is no Del Piero anymore who can make difference. If there was a better coach instead of Ciro we wouldn't have needed Ale' services like before. As you see, the problem is still the coach and those who hired him.

Many big clubs are gifted with the players who can make difference when the team is not playing good. Those teams are in fact dependent on those players to some extent. Nothing is wrong with that. Thing is that a good coach knows how to manage the team when those players are missing and this is what distinguishes a good coach from Ciro.

Nah, he's been poor when he's came on. Totally deserved criticism, but since he's DP, people don't want to admit it.
I admit that he's in a bad form but still, he comes last in the list of the players deserving the criticism.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I don't think our current problems have ANYTHING to do with DP, other than the over reliance we have placed on him, over the last few seasons...on that score, I agree with Teeth...but to attribute blame to him as an individual, performance wise, this season, is nonsensical...Because he has hardly played. We may as well blame Molinaro.

Still, he has appeared lethargic and generally useless when he has made it onto the field...and as our captain, we expect more, especially when we are in the doldrums, as a team, as a club. But 3 games is nowhere near enough to judge him truly, especially after his lengthy injury layoff. Perhaps as captain, he should be doing more OFF the field, and as captain, he DOES bear some more responsibility than the rest of the squad, whether he plays or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)