Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (160 Viewers)

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Well he seems to like playing Del Piero behind the strikers now. Maybe hell do what he did at Roma, maybe the reason they had differences last year was because he didnt want alex to play as 2nd but trequatrista. I think Del Piero will accept this role to play because he has the NAtional team in his sight.

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I doubt Capello has a triquista in mind as the regular line-up, occasionally I can see DP playing that position but Nedved would be there most of the time.

I think we'll play a better brand of football this year, coz we have more attacking options, I don't think Capello is a totally catenachio type coach, he just makes the best of what he has and rebuilds by always strenghtening defense first.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Things were different back then, Don. At the time DP was guaranteed a place upfront and since he's better there than behind the strikers that's where he wanted to play. If Capello told him that he could start on a regular basis but only as a trequartista I'm sure he would accept.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
I still think hell be starting next year, the media will go crazy if capello doesnt start him, just like lat year. I remember i was watching Rai and all the big boys were stating how he was being treated unfairly and shit like that, but i guesse we will see next year what happens to him

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think the media has anticipated that DP won't be the Juve star anymore. I think Mutu will steal the spotlight this year just like Zlatan did last year.

But I do think DP will do better this year and we will really see a rotation with Mutu/Dp - Trez/Zlatan.
Somewow, now I don't really think a Zlatan-Trez combo works, unless we have fast and effective flank players which we dont aside from Zambo.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's good to hear that DP did well in the Trofeo TIM. I know that it's only a pre-season friendly but Alex is going to have to take every single chance he gets with both hands if he's to convince Capello and Lippi that he deserves a place in the Juve starting lineup and Azzurri set-up respectively.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Actually over the past years I have noticed that Alex usually starts the season off very strongly. Hence, the countless times people have been asking "Alex is back?"
But he has always failed to maintain that form throughout the year, only getting weaker and weaker...until last season, which I think somewhat now gives him strength for next season.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
It may not happen. It seems capello will be pouring the gillotine on him this season. Whether he is in rampant for or not it does not look like he will be starting which really bothers me

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's too soon to come to that kind of conclusion IMO. Capello may prefer Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic but if Del Piero performs when he does get his chances I don't think that Don Fabio will leave him out without very good reason.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Yea but Capello is looking for every reason to bench him IMO. He didnt start him in the friendly today when he clearly played better than Zlatan in the tim cup

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
Yea but Capello is looking for every reason to bench him IMO. He didnt start him in the friendly today when he clearly played better than Zlatan in the tim cup
Big deal, it was just a friendly and Capello said the day before the match that Del Piero wouldn't start because he was going to use 4-4-2 in the first half and then test the 4-3-3 with DP and Mutu in the second half.

Alex isn't Capello's favourite player, everybody knows that, but I'm confident that if DP finds form Capello will play him. I wouldn't be surprised if DP starts the next friendly :)

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Big deal, it was just a friendly and Capello said the day before the match that Del Piero wouldn't start because he was going to use 4-4-2 in the first half and then test the 4-3-3 with DP and Mutu in the second half.

Alex isn't Capello's favourite player, everybody knows that, but I'm confident that if DP finds form Capello will play him. I wouldn't be surprised if DP starts the next friendly :)
Yea but how does Del Piero not fit the 4-4-2 he can play inside left of midfield and left striker.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's not that he can't play in a 4-4-2, just that he's more suited to a 4-3-3 than any of our other attackers (except for Mutu) and knowing that Capello played DP in the 4-3-3. Capello is merely experimenting with different players in different systems atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)