Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (59 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
Del Piero has gone scoreless in two guys we won today 5-1 im wondering if Del PIero is that out of form or hes just waiting for the start of the season
He didn't play last match, Including Nedved and Emerson.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
DP and his Coppa Italia. Makes me laugh every time :).
He seems rather confident of getting a place in the national team as well.

But what makes me wonder most is that he finally accepts to play in a trequartista position. It's the best position for him to play in anyway, because he isn't that fast anymore but his vista is still there.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Ya, he did not play due to soreness in his calfs yesterday I believe, Nedved, Zebina, Kovac, and Gianichedda also had little strains or injuries here or there, to where they needed to be rested.

La Gazzetta dello Sport today had a full page article on Pinturicchio, and all about Alex, from his birth, to how many goals he needs to break Bettega and Bonipertis record, to an interview with him about the new year. I hung on to it, its good stuff.

The headline article though talks a lot about TRE. like Del Piero to start from three, or something like that, Im not sure what it meant. What is the relationship of 3 and Del Piero. trident attack, 3rd striker to start, or what? Im unsure. Help would be nice.

I wonder if Capello will play him on Wed, and then the following Wed against Cesena, and Saturday against Standard Liegi.

Anyone else as excited about this new Juve, the new signings thus far, as I am. I am thrilled to have not only Mutu, but now Vieira, Kovac, Tudor, Chielini, Gianichedda,, hell even Spagnoli. New faces are always fun, and I love to see him mix in with the old. Juve definately has the depth its been searching for the past seasons. Defense is solid, Tudor, Cannavaro, Thuram, Kovac, Zambrotta, Pessotto, Birindelli, Midfield, the versatile Oliviera on the left and right, Emerson, Vieira, Tachinardi, Spagnoli, Gianichedda, Blasi, Nedved, Camoranesi, not to mention the 5 up top of Ibra, Mutu, Del, Trez, and Zalayeta, with solid Chimenti in net. The team looks solid to me. This will be a good year. For once, I hope moreso for the overall success of the team, then Del Piero, though Id still love to see him fight for a top spot, both with Juve and the world cup, and see him reach his record, and have no regrets this coming year.

FORZA ALEX.
FORZA (the new) JUVE!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
Ya, he did not play due to soreness in his calfs yesterday I believe, Nedved, Zebina, Kovac, and Gianichedda also had little strains or injuries here or there, to where they needed to be rested.

La Gazzetta dello Sport today had a full page article on Pinturicchio, and all about Alex, from his birth, to how many goals he needs to break Bettega and Bonipertis record, to an interview with him about the new year. I hung on to it, its good stuff.

The headline article though talks a lot about TRE. like Del Piero to start from three, or something like that, Im not sure what it meant. What is the relationship of 3 and Del Piero. trident attack, 3rd striker to start, or what? Im unsure. Help would be nice.

I wonder if Capello will play him on Wed, and then the following Wed against Cesena, and Saturday against Standard Liegi.

Anyone else as excited about this new Juve, the new signings thus far, as I am. I am thrilled to have not only Mutu, but now Vieira, Kovac, Tudor, Chielini, Gianichedda,, hell even Spagnoli. New faces are always fun, and I love to see him mix in with the old. Juve definately has the depth its been searching for the past seasons. Defense is solid, Tudor, Cannavaro, Thuram, Kovac, Zambrotta, Pessotto, Birindelli, Midfield, the versatile Oliviera on the left and right, Emerson, Vieira, Tachinardi, Spagnoli, Gianichedda, Blasi, Nedved, Camoranesi, not to mention the 5 up top of Ibra, Mutu, Del, Trez, and Zalayeta, with solid Chimenti in net. The team looks solid to me. This will be a good year. For once, I hope moreso for the overall success of the team, then Del Piero, though Id still love to see him fight for a top spot, both with Juve and the world cup, and see him reach his record, and have no regrets this coming year.

FORZA ALEX.
FORZA (the new) JUVE!
Good Post ADP, like usually:)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++

FORZA ALEX.
FORZA (the new) JUVE!
Don't they mean trequartista = behind the strikers?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
Del Piero has gone scoreless in two guys we won today 5-1 im wondering if Del PIero is that out of form or hes just waiting for the start of the season
He didn't play in the 5-1 win against Pavia. In the game against Voghera he set up both of the second half goals. Nothing to worry about just yet.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Oh so the whole time now capello has been playing him as a trequatrista but wont he score less goals if he plays that position i want him to beat the record this year.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Alex eyes year to remember Monday 18 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero hopes that the new season will bring him Champions’ League glory and a World Cup place.

"I want to win the European Cup," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper. "I also want to convince (Italy boss Marcello) Lippi to take me to the 2006 World Cup Finals."

Alex has lost his way on the international stage, especially after experiencing a difficult first season in Turin under Fabio Capello.

The No 10 was constantly replaced by the tactician and was even dropped from the starting line-up at times.

"Capello and myself are now starting to get to know each other a lot better and I don’t think we’ll have the same problems as last season," he explained.

"Are there too many options in attack? We could make sacrifices and even play with a trident."

Whatever system the Coach opts for, Del Piero is confident that the Old Lady can enjoy another splendid campaign.

"We have strengthened the side again and the arrival of Patrick Vieira is the icing on the cake," he continued.

"We can really win everything over the next 12 months given the conviction we have in our ability.

"Knowing that we have so many options at our disposal will help us to become even stronger."

Channel4.com

I hope they can all rotate well, its a very long season and with many National Qualifying games which means we need the Squad Depth even more this season.

I'd like to see how DP can play the Trequista position, he still has the quickness although not the pace. It also doesn't neccesarily mean that it will be hard for him to score as many opportunities will come for the second striker when you have Zlatan - Mutu/Trez upfront.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
@Jeeks: I take it that you've come to the assumption that Capello is definitely going to stick with the 4-4-2 system?
I think it is his favourite formation and the addition of Vieira assures his 2 DM players on the pitch.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I reckon it'll probably be 4-4-2 but the trident attack is certainly an option and if we do play with three upfront either Mutu or Del Piero will operate in a withdrawn role.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
True about the trident, but let us assume it is 3 upfront how will it be in the middle and the defence?

You ahve 2 options, 3 defenders or 4 defenders.

3 defenders: Zambrotta is not a central defender, this means we will be playing with Thuram, Cannavaro and Kovac with no backup for them. And this means we will play Zambrotta in the midfield, thus taking the place of either Nedved or Camoranesi.

4 defenders: Same backline as we used to it, how will we play the midfielders?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
4-3-3:

Buffon
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Vieira
Ibrahimovic Trezeguet Del Piero/Mutu

Zambro would have license to command the left flank with help from DP or Mutu.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
No i think Capeloo will go with a 3-4-3

---------------------Buffon---------------------------
---------Thuram----Canna--------Zambro-------
Camo------Emo-----------Viera-------Nedved---
---------------Del Piero--------------------------
--------Zlatan--------------------Mutu/Trez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)