Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (59 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
My be he did not want the 250'th goal to be a PK PLUS he wanted to boost up Iaquinta's confidence which is good for the team.. And it did. After iaquinta managed to score that goal from the bound he improved 70%. He started to show some of the reasons why he was so crucial last season.

Forza Ale..

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
εℓ niño;1798932 said:
... that's why he's Del Piero, and you are you, my friend.
Oh stop that, do you mean he is so good-natured person doing this? than I can tell you that it was not needed at all, if there wasn't any other reasons which maybe we don't know in this case it means that he was doing this only for showing that he's a great person and I think this was too much and quite ridiculous in this situation as there wasn't obvious reasons maybe we don't know something

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Oh stop that, do you mean he is so good-natured person doing this? than I can tell you that it was not needed at all, if there wasn't any other reasons which maybe we don't know in this case it means that he was doing this only for showing that he's a great person and I think this was too much and quite ridiculous in this situation as there wasn't obvious reasons maybe we don't know something
Maybe Vinny asked him himself, afterall he was the one to win the PK.

We never know.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh stop that, do you mean he is so good-natured person doing this? than I can tell you that it was not needed at all, if there wasn't any other reasons which maybe we don't know in this case it means that he was doing this only for showing that he's a great person and I think this was too much and quite ridiculous in this situation
I wouldn't be surprised if Ranieri asked Del Piero to let Iaquinta take the penalty. Or maybe Iaquinta himself asked Ale.
I doubt Del Piero offered Iaquinta to take the penalty, but he was smart enough to accept what Ranieri/Iaquinta asked and to let Iaquinta take the penalty.

Iaquinta was yet to score in serie A this year and you can imagine how tough it is for a striker to play well if he can't score and break the ice.
Now that he scored it will be different, i hope.

I remember Mourinho doing the same some 4-5 years ago when Kezman couldn't score for a long time. Then a penalty was given to Chelsea and Mourinho specifically asked from Lampard to let Kezman take the penalty.
It might be the same situation with Ranieri and Iaquinta today.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Ален;1798967 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Ranieri asked Del Piero to let Iaquinta take the penalty. Or maybe Iaquinta himself asked Ale.
I doubt Del Piero offered Iaquinta to take the penalty, but he was smart enough to let him take the penalty.

Iaquinta was yet to score in serie A this year and you can imagine how tough it is for a striker to play well if he can't score and break the ice.
Now that he scored it will be different, i hope.

I remember Mourinho doing the same some 4-5 years ago when Kezman couldn't score for a long time. Then a penalty was given to Chelsea and Mourinho specifically asked from Lampard to let Kezman take the penalty.
It might be the same situation with Ranieri and Iaquinta today.
Yes, but Iaquinta scored twice not long ago against BATE in CL so it wasn't so problematic I think and such help wasn't needed

I more agree with ZAF3000, simply DP didn't want to score 250th from the PK

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Del Piero: "Let’s go on like this"

In the same week of the triumph at Madrid, Del Piero was once again the protagonist, even against Chievo.

No better way to celebrate his 34th birthday then paving the way to another Juventus victory. Another incredible free-kick, a Del Pero classic which comes as the cherry on the cake for another mega-performance by the Juventus skipper. Once again the spectators where on their feet applauding as the capatin left the field. A happy and satisfied Del Piero commented in this way : "I’m happy, we won, I scored, what more could I ask for? The important thing is to go like this in an important time which the team is going through."

When asked why he decided to postpone his 250th goal and allow Iaquinta to take the penalty the captain answered : "We spoke, I would have taken it myself, but I understood that Vincenzo wanted to score and I was happy to leave it up to him. I’m happy for him."

juventus.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 53)