Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (35 Viewers)

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
Del Piero will rise to the challenge and convert his collosal display with Juve this season as CAPTAIN OF THE AZZURRI!

Come June 29th, Del Piero will be hoisting the Euro trophy for Italia!

FORZA ALE ITS YOUR TIME!

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
I am not Italy fan generally,
but this time its different! italy's fate is in hands of Ale ! (his foots :D )
Our capitan ! our Legend !
he have to lead his country against this horrible situation !

its all about il capitano

FORZAAAAA ALEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Del Piero: I Am Achilles

New Italy captain Alessandro Del Piero has compared himself to the mythical Greek warrior Achilles as he prepares to go into battle against Romania tonight.

Del Piero returns to the Italy starting XI for the first time in nine months as the Azzurri know that they simply have to beat Romania or else face elimination from Euro 2008.

"The time is important and delicate,” stated The Golden Boy.

“We are playing for everything. We have no alternatives. We must find the right way to express ourselves, we must transform the tension into positive energy, playing with freedom.”

Del Piero, who will win his 88th cap and will captain the side, has compared his return to that of Greek war hero Achilles.

In the mythical Trojan War, Achilles at first withdraws from battle, before then agreeing to return to lead the Greeks to glory.

"Achilles was again called into battle,” said Del Piero.

“I feel the responsibility upon me even when I don’t play.

“The important thing is to concentrate on the game. This is not an exhibition, but a game from which we must obtain the maximum - with determination, struggle, and anger.”

goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)