[ICC] Real Madrid 3-1 Juventus [August 4th 2018] (2 Viewers)

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I'm actually glad we lost this. Healthy L in my book. We needed someone strong to expose our flaws, especially in midfield, so that our board don't get an idea that we're set because we finished ICC undefeated. We are not. We clearly need CM. It's a friendly after all, who gives a fuck, it's better to lose now than later on, when matters.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I'm actually glad we lost this. Healthy L in my book. We needed someone strong to expose our flaws, especially in midfield, so that our board don't get an idea that we're set because we finished ICC undefeated. We are not. We clearly need CM. It's a friendly after all, who gives a fuck, it's better to lose now than later on, when matters.
I really hope Allegri doesn't see Khedira as a starer this season!

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Sounds like last season, gotta wonder what is wrong with the whole coaching team when they can't make CL hunter team to play any better than 2nd division team.
Since Max arrived he always had bad first half season with some very weird decisions and then suddenly he performed like the best... He may explain one day why is that

Apr 29, 2006
Midfield is awful, but that was expected. The idea of keeping both Khedira and Marchisio is a no-go. Marchisio should stay as a HG player, but both Khedira and Sturaro must leave.

The real worry is defense though. Benatia is a sub or gone(better option), but Chiello is dropping his levels too. BonBon - Rugani lacks a bite and Barza is hardly a 90 min player anymore. I hope I am completely wrong...

Let us not forget RM were playing with much more youngsters than we were and they killed us. That young keeper they got instead of Napoli - I don't think the need Courtois btw - ADL must be kicking himself. Thats a small relief.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I still like Benatia. I was hyping him way back at Roma too. Anyways, he was great last season.

In form Bonucci is a top 5-10 CB in football for me. So... Bonucci > Benatia, but that doesn't make Benatia shit.
Both have their flaws, Bonucci is good with the ball though

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #271
    Met the team at the hotel after the match. :tup:

Max is everything we all think he is with that smile :touched:

Marchisio. Classiest player on this team. Pure gentleman.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Perin is gonna take over for alphabet, just a matter of time.

Cancelo is such an upgrade.

We still need another mid. Marchisio and Khedira are useless.
    :ratcafe:

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't have a single one of our starting/depth forwards in the team. lol

Of course we were going to struggle to create chances without Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa, Cuadrado, Mandzu. Bitches be crazy here.
    Plus Real Madrid had ALL of their starting XI attackers playing

God i hate this stupid ICC tournament

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
    Apr 7, 2018
    I'm actually glad we lost this. Healthy L in my book. We needed someone strong to expose our flaws, especially in midfield, so that our board don't get an idea that we're set because we finished ICC undefeated. We are not. We clearly need CM. It's a friendly after all, who gives a $#@!, it's better to lose now than later on, when matters.
    Well said.

Our midfield is the biggest question mark. Yes Pjanic can be class on some occasions, he’s also a great passer, but I don’t see any passion in his game, it seems like he doesn’t care... This is only a preseason game but yet again RM proved to be hungrier than us for the win, even in friendlies they dominate us.

We have to sign a complete midfielder, someone who runs well with the ball and can go forward without costing us defensively. At this point, if Pjanic is looking for a new challenge, we shouldn’t think twice about selling and replacing him with a young talent.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I dont care about the result since its a friendly but I do care about performance when there is a big difference between expections and reality
    Polak is just not good enough - I mean he isnt a bad GK but he isnt a great one as well. Perin is on the same level IMO maybe a bit behind but we dont have a great GK anymore and we need to face it
    Our defense?! Im really not worried as there is Bonucci that is coming back to partner Chiellini and their understanding is better than Chiellini Benatia..
    Cancelo is very good going forward and is also playing with his brain but needs to improve his defensive skills

The thing we need to concentrate right now is our midfield - if we add a mascular midfield with skills we would be gaining a lot..
    GK - I think we might splash on a new GK in 3 years time as I dont think Perin will take that step up and Polak has already hit his prime IMO

- - - Updated - - -

If we don’t buy anyone else, Bentancur should be a starter in this midfield.
    Well this is a tough one as its about characteristics..
    If we sell Pjanic and get Pogba/SMS - Bentancure should definitely start
    If we do nothing - Its a tough one between Matuidi and Bentancur
    I do expect the later to take a step up this season though..

- - - Updated - - -

Well said.

Our midfield is the biggest question mark. Yes Pjanic can be class on some occasions, he’s also a great passer, but I don’t see any passion in his game, it seems like he doesn’t care... This is only a preseason game but yet again RM proved to be hungrier than us for the win, even in friendlies they dominate us.

We have to sign a complete midfielder, someone who runs well with the ball and can go forward without costing us defensively. At this point, if Pjanic is looking for a new challenge, we shouldn’t think twice about selling and replacing him with a young talent.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    I think its his body language rather what he actually feels.
    He is not strong enough in terms of physique so we do need to add a midfielder with some muscles but also skills

- - - Updated - - -

Both have their flaws, Bonucci is good with the ball though
    Everyone has a flow but when both on form there is no doubt Bonucci is the better defender..
    defensive wise individually Benatia might be better but since its not just tackle and marking but also understanding with the whole defense which makes Bonucci better in defense
    Everything connected to linking up, ball control, passing, etc.. Bonucci is definitely better

Full team in full strength: Polak;A.Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Cancelo; Can Pjanic Matuidi/Khedira/Bentancur; Dybala Ronaldo D.Costa
    Weak areas GK,CM
    GK We should definitely keep that in mind but doesnt has to be taken care of right away..
    CM We definitely need someone there
    P.S selling Pjanic for Pogba could make us stronger as I think Bentancur can play his role different but still give a positive influence while Pogba is better than Pjanic overall even though they are 2 different players so its tough to compare..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)