Iago Falqué (106 Viewers)

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Chew on this:
http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=26805
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=763206.html
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800243

Honestly, we spent a lot of money (and wages) on Tiago, Poulsen and Zanetti...why would Ranieri had opted to start Marchisio? Not to mention how many times did Ranieri push Nedved/Camoranesi into the middle to "add" creativity? Come on man, that is ridiculous to claim that Marchisio was a sure starter.

Criscito was never give a fair shot at it. Be honest with yourself here. If he was given 2 full seasons like the useless Molinaro was given, what makes you think he would have not succeeded? Your argument was we needed someone more attacking so your reasoning was Molinaro was used to fill the "Creative" void we were missing at LB? Wow...I would have taken Cricsito over Grosso, Moli, Sali, or DC any day of the week. If there is such a question around his ability to do his job well then why the hell do we still own half of him?

Did you really suggest that Gio never made the most of his chances? You gotta be kidding me....:sergio: Maybe someone else will chime in and take this one for me...I'm not going to bother with it. I can't believe Andy hasn't seen this yet, he is going to eat you alive.

Andy...you wanna finish this noob off?
You misunderstood. I never said Marchisio was considered a sure starter. Tiago, Poulsen Co were on the team first and surely they didn't sell them because Marchisio was back. What I said was that Ranieri chose to start marchisio before Pousen and Tiago after a few matches, that Marchisio didn't get his chances because all the other DM/CMs were injured (I'm pretty sure in the Fiorentina match where Marchiso started, Poulsen Co were perfectly healthy at that moment).

So did De Ceglie. Ranieri started him as a LB before Molinaro but he was terrible in defense and then Ranieri tried him as a LM.

And Giovinco. You think he made the most of his chances but I don't think so. If you want to discuss it, I can go through every match I watched about him. If this is really important to prove my point, that is, I can do that. Otherwise, I just want to tell you that it's a point of view. No offense for you and I'm not saying something without any base, without watching Juve matches or anything like that.

Anyway, what I want to say is that you are wrong saying that our youngsters only get their chances because someone is injured etc etc.

About Criscito, what I said was about why he didn't come back this season. Do you really think he's better than Grosso in the attacking department and if not so he is willing to play as a sub? And according to your logic, isn't De Ceglie not given enough opportunities? Shouldn't be the right thing to give De Ceglie more chances?

As to the season 2007-2008, don't you remember how bad he was at that moment. He started like 9 matches for Juve and was worse than that of Molinaro and Grygera. The worst part was that he was phychologically damaged. Actually the mistake lied in calling him too early in his loan (he never played in Serie A before). Should first try him in Serie A (another year's loan in Genoa) and then see what he can do.

What you guys think about Criscito is that the treatment and the loan made him hate Juventus? Well, I say if a player wants to play for Juve, they will want to come back no matter what. If a player doesn't want to play for Juve, even if you don't loan him he will choose to leave.

Does it ever occur to you that it's not just about how technically good a player is but also how mentally adapted and strong he is?

I'm not saying loans are all right. But blaming everything for loans is just another extreme. Vladimir Koman, Yago's teammate in Bari, is a young attacking mid (AMC/Winger/MC) on loan from Sampdoria. He is of the same age of Yago. And he got his chances and scored for Bari's first team. Sampdoria must have given something to Bari so that they play him, right?

Some players benefit from the loan. It's all about having a better estimation of the player and choosing the right team and the right time. Inter loans many youngsters (it's a painful truth but they have the best youth teams in Italy right now) but they don't loan Santon and Balotelli. Milan loans too but they don't loan Pato. Simply because they are that good. I read Alen said teams like MU didn't loan their best players in some post. But Honestly (no offense and no disgrace), do you really think we have produced any youngster that good (both skill ability and mentality) in recent years?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
. It's all about having a better estimation of the player and choosing the right team and the right time.
That I Agree with, the fact that a these kids are never started( or rarely brought on) or just end up typical bench warmers just shows we dont have either of these.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Isnt it amazing that camo has been injured and yet we havent managed to give the likes of Iago are chance as a winger to prove himself in a season where so many are underperforming and we are losing.

Why do we buy young players for???

Imagine if Giovinco and Iago were given a chance on the wings...we may actually create something and play well. Fuk that would be a change.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Of course not, Ken.
We have arrived at an absolutely critical point in our season where we can no longer afford any slip ups. It is therefore better to rely on proven & experienced players. :shifty:

In all seriousness though, Iago is probably far from ready for the 1st team.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Of course not, Ken.
We have arrived at an absolutely critical point in our season where we can no longer afford any slip ups. It is therefore better to rely on proven & experienced players. :shifty:

In all seriousness though, Iago is probably far from ready for the 1st team.
:D

--

I know, that's what my brain tells me, but watching these games of ours just makes me cry out for some youth who are able to run and fight for the black and white jersey around their shoulders, some new spirit.

Ironic how the song I'm listening to goes " the kids don't stand a chance " over and over as I typed that. :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
A Dutchie with a brain :shocked:
I never thought I would live to see the day :touched: .

But you're dead on about the running & fighting for the shirt. I've seen too many games this season where (some of) our players seemingly didn't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)