Iago Falqué (90 Viewers)

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Marchsio maybe but a heavy reluctance to agree with him because he was thrown into the mix by Ranieri due to injury in our midfield area.
No.
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this. I remember very clear that Marchisio has already got the opportunity to start for Juve at the beginning of last season when injury hasn't struck yet. Ranieri played him ahead of Poulsen and Tiago. I remember him saying in an interview before the match against Fiorentina that Marchisio would start (when there were various CM/DM choices at that moment).

Giovinco, De Ceglie... etc etc etc... They got the opportunities but they didn't seize them. It has nothing to do with loans. They are simply not good enough.

How about Chiellini? He was on loaned when playing for Fiorentina. Pandev was from Inter's youth team. Inter loaned him and even sold him and now he plays for Inter again.

As to Criscito's case, the Juve management simply doesn't rate him and he can't play CB. Juve needs an attacking leftback he is too defensive. How is all of this the fault of loan?...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That is a load of BS, particularly when it comes to Gio and Criscito. They were both never afforded a fair opportunity to prove themselves. Gio needs to play consistently in order to gain more confidence and find his role in the team. The exact opposite has happened; the lad puts in a good performance, and he is benched the next game. Excuses such as his stature/body frame is too small, and he can't defend are crap. How many goals have we conceded so far this season? How slow and disgusting has our game play been? I am sure with Gio out there we would have a lot more creativity and dynamism; at least he will inject some much needed pace into this static, immobile style of play we have been exhibiting lately! As for Criscito, well, he was given all of 2 games to prove himself, and then shipped to Genoa. Considering that Molifart had more than 2 seasons to prove himself, and was still complete shit, I wouldn't say that Criscito really had an opportunity!

Molinaro, Grosso, and countless others have been playing like utter crap, yet they are still afforded opportunities!! By your logic, does that mean that Melo and Amauri are not good enough, because they haven't been contributing anything to this team over the past few months?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
That is a load of BS, particularly when it comes to Gio and Criscito. They were both never afforded a fair opportunity to prove themselves. Gio needs to play consistently in order to gain more confidence and find his role in the team. The exact opposite has happened; the lad puts in a good performance, and he is benched the next game. Excuses such as his stature/body frame is too small, and he can't defend are crap. How many goals have we conceded so far this season? How slow and disgusting has our game play been? I am sure with Gio out there we would have a lot more creativity and dynamism; at least he will inject some much needed pace into this static, immobile style of play we have been exhibiting lately! As for Criscito, well, he was given all of 2 games to prove himself, and then shipped to Genoa. Considering that Molifart had more than 2 seasons to prove himself, and was still complete shit, I wouldn't say that Criscito really had an opportunity!

Molinaro, Grosso, and countless others have been playing like utter crap, yet they are still afforded opportunities!! By your logic, does that mean that Melo and Amauri are not good enough, because they haven't been contributing anything to this team over the past few months?
True on all counts, mate. When we look at the perilously frail state of our current left backs, the fact that we own half of Criscito is immensely important. We ARE DESPERATE FOR A LEFT BACK WHO CAN DEFEND...twe already own half of a left back who can defend, but he is in genoa, presently. I hope he comes in the summer with Gasperini...

As for Gio...he has suffered at the hands of poor management (Ciro) and a preference for workaholic berserkers (Ranieri), yet when he has played, for both those fools, he has injected a dash of massively needed pace and drive towards the opposing final third. We lack pace without him, with only Diego looking spritely enough to outpace chasing defenders, and he uses muscle and control more than blinding speed. Now more than ever, when we are finding goals very hard to come by, we need Giovinco. One of my own biggest gripes with this Juve, the managers of now and last season I mean, is that only once or twice have we seen Gio play with trezeguet. That classic big target man/ speedy little flair merchant combination. we desperately need speed in the final third as Amauri/DP/Trez have very little left in the tank, of they ever had any in the first place. Only Vinny gives us a steamroller effect in the final third. In fact...I would like to see Vinny and Sebastian together, given a decent run of 5 games, and lets see what they can do...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No.
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this. I remember very clear that Marchisio has already got the opportunity to start for Juve at the beginning of last season when injury hasn't struck yet. Ranieri played him ahead of Poulsen and Tiago. I remember him saying in an interview before the match against Fiorentina that Marchisio would start (when there were various CM/DM choices at that moment).

Giovinco, De Ceglie... etc etc etc... They got the opportunities but they didn't seize them. It has nothing to do with loans. They are simply not good enough.

How about Chiellini? He was on loaned when playing for Fiorentina. Pandev was from Inter's youth team. Inter loaned him and even sold him and now he plays for Inter again.

As to Criscito's case, the Juve management simply doesn't rate him and he can't play CB. Juve needs an attacking leftback he is too defensive. How is all of this the fault of loan?...
Chew on this:
http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=26805
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=763206.html
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800243

Honestly, we spent a lot of money (and wages) on Tiago, Poulsen and Zanetti...why would Ranieri had opted to start Marchisio? Not to mention how many times did Ranieri push Nedved/Camoranesi into the middle to "add" creativity? Come on man, that is ridiculous to claim that Marchisio was a sure starter.

Criscito was never give a fair shot at it. Be honest with yourself here. If he was given 2 full seasons like the useless Molinaro was given, what makes you think he would have not succeeded? Your argument was we needed someone more attacking so your reasoning was Molinaro was used to fill the "Creative" void we were missing at LB? Wow...I would have taken Cricsito over Grosso, Moli, Sali, or DC any day of the week. If there is such a question around his ability to do his job well then why the hell do we still own half of him?

Did you really suggest that Gio never made the most of his chances? You gotta be kidding me....:sergio: Maybe someone else will chime in and take this one for me...I'm not going to bother with it. I can't believe Andy hasn't seen this yet, he is going to eat you alive.

Andy...you wanna finish this noob off?

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I'm really not sure what the purpose of bringing this kid back was if he's not going to get used, or if De Ceglie is ahead of him in the pecking order. Fat lot he did today, fuck.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'm really not sure what the purpose of bringing this kid back was if he's not going to get used, or if De Ceglie is ahead of him in the pecking order. Fat lot he did today, fuck.
What's the point in him playing with the Bari primavera? Might as well call him back & let him play with our own primavera. Makes it a lot easier to monitor his progress if you ask me.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'm simply asking, because Iago has been on the squad list, but Rossi hasn't :p

Don't we send practically all youngsters out on loan before giving them time in the first team? I know you like Rossi more, because of him being captain in our Primavera, but maybe they thought Iago was ready for Serie A playing time more than Rossi. Obviously something went wrong at Bari, but still.. it's possible.

I'm just a bit tired of hearing the 'he didn't even play for Bari's Primavera' as a reason as to why he couldn't be good. Rossi hasn't been included in our squad list, but alot of other names have... Makes you wonder?

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
I'm simply asking, because Iago has been on the squad list, but Rossi hasn't :p

Don't we send practically all youngsters out on loan before giving them time in the first team? I know you like Rossi more, because of him being captain in our Primavera, but maybe they thought Iago was ready for Serie A playing time more than Rossi. Obviously something went wrong at Bari, but still.. it's possible.

I'm just a bit tired of hearing the 'he didn't even play for Bari's Primavera' as a reason as to why he couldn't be good. Rossi hasn't been included in our squad list, but alot of other names have... Makes you wonder?
What makes me wonder most that is Rossi got Serie A time last year. Not only Pre Season. That he is captain now is only an extra:D He just turned 19 he is still very young. But I love to promote him:D
I don't say Yago can't be good. But a player who didn't played for half year is totally out of a game (see Del Piero) and when he's that young that's even worser. So I don't see a reason why he should start for the first team. He should start playing Primavera regularly again first, then we can talk again of playing him in the first team.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
If he had gone to Arsenal, I believe he would have become a star by now under Wenger..

what a waste of raw talent :sergio:
that's because there are only 22 year olds there...it's hard to develop when you have only wc stars in the team...and you start from the primavera..then 2 years on the bench playing only when moli is with both legs cracked.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
What makes me wonder most that is Rossi got Serie A time last year. Not only Pre Season. That he is captain now is only an extra:D He just turned 19 he is still very young. But I love to promote him:D
I don't say Yago can't be good. But a player who didn't played for half year is totally out of a game (see Del Piero) and when he's that young that's even worser. So I don't see a reason why he should start for the first team. He should start playing Primavera regularly again first, then we can talk again of playing him in the first team.
Alright, that's fair enough actually. I thought you were more or less judging his skill simply on the fact he didn't play at Bari, more than being worried about his lack of playing time in general. I had expected a 'he hasn't played for half a year!' instead of a 'he didn't even get to play for Bari's primavera!'. :p

By saying that I didn't mean to say I don't like Rossi by the way, just to make that clear, I really do like him. But I have to admit, I honestly do wonder why he hasn't been on our squad list, when less known players from our Primavera are.

:tup: For youth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)