Iago Falqué to Juve - done deal? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Bring in the youngsters Juve! the future looks bright. we moaned when we were buying old experienced players that we never had any future stars............now we are doing an Arsenal. We'll be some force in 2-3 years trust me.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
http://www.juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_newsseriea_AC1B299F9F0D4C1DB66600B56B5577FE.asp

Ranieri pondering alternatives

Ranieri looked calm but focused at today's press conference before the trip to Florence. The Manager will need to do without David Trezeguet on Sunday night and naturally the first questions from the journalists concerned the Frenchman's absence: «There'll be a League break after this game, and then we'll have a very tough cycle of games: it'd be pointless to force his recovery now. I've kept him out in the qualifiers as precaution, but he told me he still feels pain, so it's better to rest him and have him available again in 15 days' time when he'll be fully fit. I have several other options: we signed a striker exactly for the purpose of overcoming situations like this. I've always said that all four strikers are to be considered first team regulars, so David's place will be taken by someone else who'll be equally as eager to do well».

Amauri or Iaquinta
«Amauri is good at playing for the team, he holds the ball up allowing team mates to come forward, whereas Iaquinta is good at attacking free space, so I have different options to choose from.
In any case, our way of playing remains the same. The lads know that in the last thirty yards it's up to the single player's intuition, that's why I don't want to force creative players to play against their nature. They have set movements to make, yes, but it's up to the players to make them at the right time, according to their qualities and traits».

Fiorentina
«We're going to face a team that have played the qualifiers so they're well-oiled like us. Fiorentina were reborn from Serie C2. The Della Valle family has built a very solid Club and they'd already qualified for the Champions League two years ago, even if in the end they didn't play in it for other reasons. The Della Valle project was indeed this: taking the team to the top but following a precise philosophy, focusing on fair play and respect for opponents. That's why the “third half” initiative they started didn't surprise me. I'm hoping it'll be a good, exciting game. I hope the fans come to the ground simply to cheer their teams and may the best one win».

Title favourites
«They're the same as last year, plus AC Milan. Fiorentina are in there too; last year they already faced the challenge of playing midweek as well as on the Sunday and they did well.
Are we Inter Milan's main rivals? We're working to become that. You don't build everything in twelve or twenty-four months. We're equipping ourselves to keep up with the strongest teams in Europe. We've tried to improve our squad to face the two competitions. You saw the calendar from here ‘til December, we'll be playing every three days and naturally we needed a squad that could allow players to rest in turns».

Tiago and Iago
«He's coming to Florence. The door is never closed on anybody as far as I'm concerned; you saw it last year with Legrottaglie and, if Tiago should stay, I certainly wouldn't forget him. I wonder if he can come into his own when given more responsibilities. We've been following Iago, potentially he's a quality player. We need to make this sort of investment for the first team and for the junior team.
Iago is technically very good, he needs to beef up because he has a slight build, but he has everything he needs to become a good player».

A look at Zenit
«They're a team with the right quality, the right determination. They play with a disguised 4-3-3 formation because they have five players at the back; they play like the Russian national team, they all defend and then go on the counter attack. They're physically strong and have a few very skilful players. We already knew how strong they were, even before seeing them against United».

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For those being so sure we wil just loan out Iago immediately to likes of Empoli and only see the back of him. Not gonna need to mention Ranieri's trust in some youngsters in Chelsea, but a very clear example of a player we even have now:

Sissoko was EXACTLY the same age and sitaution Iago is in now when Ranieri got him for Valencia. An 18 year old who had not played a SINGLE senior football game for Auxerre or at all yet, but immediately jumped in to play 43 games for Valencia. So Ranieri isnt of the typical calcio school of disregarding players based on their age, the opposite if he believes in them.

Aug 22, 2008
He hinted that we might someone in January ;)
Too little too late. By that time we will most probably be out of the CL & Scudetto race, and he will be sacked by then. It seems are friend Ranieri is a bit slow, he should of thought of signing players when he had the chance too, for the past two months, but instead he choose not too, and that is a mistake that will cost him his job.:lol:

sarin16

Aug 7, 2008
For those being so sure we wil just loan out Iago immediately to likes of Empoli and only see the back of him. Not gonna need to mention Ranieri's trust in some youngsters in Chelsea, but a very clear example of a player we even have now:

Sissoko was EXACTLY the same age and sitaution Iago is in now when Ranieri got him for Valencia. An 18 year old who had not played a SINGLE senior football game for Auxerre or at all yet, but immediately jumped in to play 43 games for Valencia. So Ranieri isnt of the typical calcio school of disregarding players based on their age, the opposite if he believes in them.
so he going to have a good chance with us, well that good!!

so welcome iago. hope hes the first Spaniard to be success story in italy and hopefully not the last:jvefan:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Too little too late. By that time we will most probably be out of the CL & Scudetto race, and he will be sacked by then. It seems are friend Ranieri is a bit slow, he should of thought of signing players when he had the chance too, for the past two months, but instead he choose not too, and that is a mistake that will cost him his job.:lol:
:lol:, it really feels great laughing at Ranieri and how he's going to lose his job because we'll be eliminated from CL in the groups and we'll be 7th placed in serie A until Christmas.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Do you know how to soap it?

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
As "fun" as some posters are, wouldn't it be great if we had like an IQ-test or something included in the registration on this forum? If you pass the test you can registre, if not then you cant get in :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
As "fun" as some posters are, wouldn't it be great if we had like an IQ-test or something included in the registration on this forum? If you pass the test you can registre, if not then you cant get in :D
The verification question should be enough to eliminate these "fun" members. But they cheat and someone else answers the question for them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)