Iago Falqué to Juve - done deal? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #22
    I think they simply saw no future for him in the club. Whether it's because of lack of skill or because of the insane competition he would have at a senior level(Messi, Iniesta, Bojan etc), I can't tell.

May 22, 2007
    I think they simply saw no future for him in the club. Whether it's because of lack of skill or because of the insane competition he would have at a senior level(Messi, Iniesta, Bojan etc), I can't tell.
    Luis Enrique wants him to stay, only at Juvenil. He is too good for Juvenil though.

Jul 2, 2006
    some members of j1897 saying it is official

Juventus: preso il giovane Iago del Barcellona

16:04 del 29 agosto

La Juventus ha ingaggiato un giovane spagnolo dal Barcellona: si tratta dell'esterno sinistro offensivo Iago Falqué, classe 1990.

calciomercato.com

also

According to L’Equipe, Juventus have swooped to sign highly rated young Barcelona starlet Iago Falque on a free transfer.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    It's not that he wasn't good enough to make it to Enrique's team, right ?
    I believe that's not the case, but i'm just asking.

I guess Barcelona Atlètic is Barcelona B, the team from spanish third league ? Probably Enrique didn't take him because he's too young, but at 18 i would have given him a chance in the third league.

I wonder where is the catch here. If Barcelona's options are to give him playing time in the third league or lose him for free, i wonder why did they go with the second option. :confused:

I hope u will be wrong this time

Jul 15, 2006
    Although I really hate the way team (especially the English) steal young players, from other European clubs this would be a good purchase as this guy has some talent and could develop really well at Juve.

Jul 2, 2006
    La Juve ha preso Iago Falquè»
    Annuncio dell'Equipe: «Il diciottenne esterno sinistro spagnolo arriva a parametro zero»

TORINO, 29 agosto - La Juventus ha acquistato a parametro zero il diciottenne laterale sinistro del Barcellona, Iago Falquè. A dare la notizia è stato il quotidiano francese l'Equipe. Sul calciatore c'erano pure Ajax e Manchester United, ma Blanc e Secco sono riusciti ad accaparrarselo. Il volere del giocatore è stato fondamentale: Iago, infatti, non era stato accorpato alla prima squadra e questo lo ha convinto a cercare fortuna altrove. In Italia, per l'esattezza.

corrieredellosport.it

Guys in vecchiasignora.com posted 700 comments about this transfer.it seems we bought David Silva or something:oops:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Alen, the dude is one of the top most promising players in a spanish youth NT that is ALLWAYS the best in Europe since God knows when in those levels. Luis Enrique is getting alot of grief in not taking him up to the B squad (as is the whole new staffs and management) especially when younger players like Gai Assulin and Thiago are there in the B squad.

There are alot of competiton in their insane youth academy, but still likely more to this then being discarded due to lack of talent. There has been no reason clarified why he is being blown off like this. He has been earmarked since for years and of the higher echelon talents. There is something weird to go from that, to giving him away for free.

He is right in leaving when he is being told he is going to play with frigging 16 year olds, when he has other options due to garnering serious interest from top teams like Man U, Ajax and us.

this isn't the EPL poaching thing right? the guy was old enough to handle his own contract, right?
    No, he is 18 (meaning eligible to get pro contract), not 15-16, and Spain and Italy have the same laws in when you are allowed to give youth players pro contracts. Only England has the youth contract advantage. And yeah, he is more or less coming for free, which would be a coup either way.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
    Jul 15, 2006
    Although I really hate the way team (especially the English) steal young players, from other European clubs this would be a good purchase as this guy has some talent and could develop really well at Juve.
    this isn't like that. he's old enough to sign a contract with barcelona

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Alen, the dude is one of the top most promising players in a spanish youth NT that is ALLWAYS the best in Europe since God knows when in those levels. Luis Enrique is getting alot of grief in not taking him up to the B squad (as is the whole new staffs and management) especially when younger players like Gai Assulin and Thiago are there in the B squad. There are alot of competiton in their insane youth academy, but still likely more to this then being discarded due to lack of talent.

He is right in leaving when he is being told he is going to play with frigging 16 year olds, when he has other options due to garnering serious interest from top teams like Man U, Ajax and us.
    Great, this is all i wanted to hear :tup:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    It's not that he wasn't good enough to make it to Enrique's team, right ?
    I believe that's not the case, but i'm just asking.

I guess Barcelona Atlètic is Barcelona B, the team from spanish third league ? Probably Enrique didn't take him because he's too young, but at 18 i would have given him a chance in the third league.

I wonder where is the catch here. If Barcelona's options are to give him playing time in the third league or lose him for free, i wonder why did they go with the second option. :confused:
    He's competing with Messi and Hleb. So it's not like he's terrible.

Barca give out youngsters like candy on Halloween. We got Pacheco from them last season and he could be forcing a break through later in the year.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    He's competing with Messi and Hleb. So it's not like he's terrible.

Barca give out youngsters like candy on Halloween. We got Pacheco from them last season and he could be forcing a break through later in the year.
    No, not Guardiola's team. I was talking about Enrique's Barcelona Atletic. The team that plays in the third league of Spain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)