"I support Muslims who love freedom" (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Pointless article, poor attempt at wind-up. He should be more worried about his own" religion", which has no creditability. Father Christmas? holy ghost? half man - half god?, god's son? god? first testament? last testament? changing the context in your own "holy" book? sad little man, his whole belief is fantasy, never mind though:tup::lol:
He said he's agnostic, not a Christian.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Islam has been accused many times by the west, as promoting radical fanatism and violence.
Personally, i dont buy that, i met many Palestinian and Egyptian, who are good Muslims and were as peacefull as a man can be.
I ve always believed that the religious fanatism that haunts those populations has social roots.

Throughthough the course of history appear those rare moments, when history makes funny of common beliefs.
What happens in Syria now is a very interesting example.
We have seen Jihaadists taking the life of the infidels since the crusades, but the reason the are keep doing it even today, is not because of their religious beliefs.
Now matter how much misleaded a muslim may be and manipulated by his local Ecclesiarch, there cant reasoning behind killing muslim brothers with chemicals!!

The Quran would never allow it!! Who ever that was rebels or regime, religion simply cannot be the reasoning behind it!

However more voices criticising that Islam brings fanatism and violence, even among muslims arise...

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Islam has been accused many times by the west, as promoting radical fanatism and violence.
Personally, i dont buy that, i met many Palestinian and Egyptian, who are good Muslims and were as peacefull as a man can be.
I ve always believed that the religious fanatism that haunts those populations has social roots.

Throughthough the course of history appear those rare moments, when history makes funny of common beliefs.
We have seen Jihaadists taking the life of the infidels since the crusades, but the reason the are keep doing it even today, is not because of their religious beliefs.
Now matter how much misleaded a muslim may be and manipulated by his local Ecclesiarch, there cant reasoning behind killing muslim brothers with chemicals!!

The Quran would never allow it!! Who ever that was rebels or regime, religion simply cannot be the reasoning behind it!

However more voices criticising that Islam brings fanatism and violence, even among muslims arise...
:tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

A most excellent post. This is exactly why we should stay the fuck away from Syria.

Actually, it would be great if the west, especially 'murica, would stay the fuck out of the middle east for a while.
Stop giving fanatics reasons and breeding ground to convert weakminded / fragile individuals to the extremist cause.

"preserve freedom" at your fucking own land, and limit it to the borders. expel those singing the fanatic praise.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The fanatic fringe in the modern Muslim world has more or less hijacked the Islamic Faith - funnily enough, the British Empire initially funded this fanatical thought in the form of the original Saudi family (not Royal at the time) over a century ago when they wanted to use them to fight against the moderate Ottoman Empire.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
A most excellent post. This is exactly why we should stay the fuck away from Syria.

Actually, it would be great if the west, especially 'murica, would stay the fuck out of the middle east for a while.
Stop giving fanatics reasons and breeding ground to convert weakminded / fragile individuals to the extremist cause.

"preserve freedom" at your fucking own land, and limit it to the borders. expel those singing the fanatic praise.
Yeah but Syria only exists as a thing because of France, and US and their allies sell dictatorship enhancing products to Syria all the time.

If you helped create the problem you really do have a responsibility to help fix it.

Of course the USA created Al-Qaeda through their actions...but yeah, not your fight, only your fault, right?

- - - Updated - - -

The fanatic fringe in the modern Muslim world has more or less hijacked the Islamic Faith - funnily enough, the British Empire initially funded this fanatical thought in the form of the original Saudi family (not Royal at the time) over a century ago when they wanted to use them to fight against the moderate Ottoman Empire.
Moderately genocidal right? European powers propped up the Ottomans for 3 centuries to avoid having to fill the vaccum, T.E. Laurence and his desert war was more Pan-Arabism then the birth of AQ like thought. Islamic radicalism is a sole product of the sheer hypocrisy of the Major Powers and their shortsightness and general retardation of their officer class.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah but Syria only exists as a thing because of France, and US and their allies sell dictatorship enhancing products to Syria all the time.

If you helped create the problem you really do have a responsibility to help fix it.

Of course the USA created Al-Qaeda through their actions...but yeah, not your fight, only your fault, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Moderately genocidal right? European powers propped up the Ottomans for 3 centuries to avoid having to fill the vac$#@!, T.E. Laurence and his desert war was more Pan-Arabism then the birth of AQ like thought.
They actually became less moderate when the Young Turks (a Secular European Educated class) took power. When they were still "religious", they ruled Eastern Europe for hundreds of years, and Eastern Europe of course remained almost exclusively Christian.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
They actually became less moderate when the Young Turks (a Secular European Educated class) took power. When they were still "religious", they ruled Eastern Europe for hundreds of years, and Eastern Europe of course remained almost exclusively Christian.
The former of which would be the period of TE Laurence.

Apr 12, 2004

This would never happen in Belgium.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Never said the west is not to blame. Hence, look at all the trouble 'murica has created with their doings.

However, syria has run pretty decent for quite a while, and the west didnt take credit for it.
Now that they are screwing themselfs internally, it shouldnt either.

Give shelter to those who flee the country, but fucking stop invading other country's.

Look at afganistan and iraq. One was arguably neccecary, the other not. And how many soldiers died there ? how many new fanatic assholes were created ?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Never said the west is not to blame. Hence, look at all the trouble 'murica has created with their doings.

However, syria has run pretty decent for quite a while, and the west didnt take credit for it.
Now that they are screwing themselfs internally, it shouldnt either.

Give shelter to those who flee the country, but fucking stop invading other country's.

Look at afganistan and iraq. One was arguably neccecary, the other not. And how many soldiers died there ? how many new fanatic assholes were created ?
I dunno the leveling of Hama by Hafez Al-Assad was a catastrophe. I mean, the US isn't really the most responsible here, but Cold War BS is a contributing factor. The French created the alawite oligarchy, the french are at fault for Syria.
Lawrence ultimately helped the extremist Saudi bedouins to infiltrate the world with their extremist ideas through their petro-dollars.

For reference, here is the system the Ottomans used to ensure minorities ran their own affairs without being completely controlled:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millet_(Ottoman_Empire)
I'm aware of the Ottoman system, what I am pointing out to you is that, the rise of the Extremism, is tied to the decision of the Major Powers to no longer prop up the Ottoman System such that they could carve out regional spheres of influence by accord post WW1. Indeed, one could go so far as to argue the had the British not betrayed the Pan-Arab ideals to carve up the middle east between France and themselves (as spoils of war) history may have been different. I suppose the main point would be that the Ottoman system itself was not self-sustaining(and hadn't been since the time of the Great Game), and so, history was always going to catch up with the hands off approach of the previous centuries.

So in essence, Imperialism caused, perpetuated it, and since 9/11 has breathed new life into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)