I hate to say it but Roma seems unbeatable this season (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont think they are unbeatable. Imo they are over-achieving, they dont have the players to win Serie A. Player-wise IMO bothe we and Milan are stronger.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't think that they are over-acheiving at all. Their young players have developed much faster than expected, and remember this, although they are inthe UEFA cup, in no way is it as stressful as the Champions League.

With that youth, they may hit an emotional wall later on in the season, and that will be the true test of their makeup.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Yeah right. I have no doubt that both our teams could whip their "arrogant" arses 7 times a week and twice on Sunday. They have proven nothing. They have not crawled yet..and they want to sprint...EASY GLADIATORS!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I find roma not that strong "in paper" compared to juve and milan... hey but u dont need specifically 22 super starrs to win a league.. and the guys are showing GREAT DETERMINATION to win the scudetoo.
They are playing like a team and they are the winter champions. the team to beat now.

And its very clear how wonderfyll totti plays, even with all his arrogance (i think that his arrogance is what make him play like that :D fok totti)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
am i the only one who worries bout inter? IMO it's practically a 4-horse race. they're doing pretty well under zac. but i still think we can beat them (lets forget bout the 3-1 beating kay?). if we win against perugia, and inter wins against udinese....we'll get a chance for a revenge in coppa italia....:fero::D

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
I find roma not that strong "in paper" compared to juve and milan... hey but u dont need specifically 22 super starrs to win a league.. and the guys are showing GREAT DETERMINATION to win the scudetoo.
yea...true dat. and plus, they tasted the bitter of loosing all to often last season, finishing 8th place. they dont wanna be on the same road again. failure is part of recipe to succeed IMO. but i still hate roma....and they ARE the team to beat

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Alex: Trust me if they win I think my appt. will be looted! I have been telling all the Roma fans here IN ROME that their team does not have what it takes...if they do win I have to escape via the fire escape in the middle the night and hide-out a la Saddam!

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Alex: Trust me if they win I think my appt. will be looted! I have been telling all the Roma fans here IN ROME that their team does not have what it takes...if they do win I have to escape via the fire escape in the middle the night and hide-out a la Saddam!
*imagining incubo in a trench hole* LOL....:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Glad to hear it, Incubo :D

nina

Feb 18, 2001
They are doing quite great this season yeah and playing a wonderful football. IMO their success lies also in that they are not under pressure. I mean after last season everbody got off their back, seeing them finished far behind the top. Nobody expects anything (well of course the fans do etc., but it's not like with Juve and Milan who with their roaster and power are always considered contenders) and they are "just" playing. A big help is also that Totti is injury-free this season and that Cassano has matured a lot over the summer and that the little buys they made all paid off.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I saw them last week at home to Modena. Modena dominated for about the last 75 minutes of the game, in Rome! The only reason they got a win was because of a penalty in the first few minutes, and then absolutely brilliant defending from Samuel and Chivu. Man, they could keep a clean sheet for hours on end!!

Aug 1, 2003
both Roma & Inter should be more motivated to win the scudetto. However being champions of Italy is practically in Juve's genes and Milan is always there to challenge everyone.

Yes, I think Roma is a good team with a good set of players and play good football. But every football team has their black moment- and its a matter of how they deal with it. Juve tends to bounce back after December, and when Roma's bad phase comes it all depends on how they deal with it. we have yet to wait to see the true colours of how competitive Serie A is

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Sorry guys (and gals),

I also think this is Roma's year.

Between their good play, and the more than occasional "gift" from the ref at the penalty spot, who will beat them ?????

I swear, the FIGC must feel pity for Sensi , after all the complaining he did last season about the ref's decisions that they must be making up for it this season with all the dubious calls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)