I, Chxta (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I am confused here, is this about chxta or madlawyer??

I don't know what mad did, but chxta? He was banned for that shutdown thread, I really can't see whats wrong with that....

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
just to explain my decision,i really like chxta and do sometimes enjoy reading his posts.
however,he has opened about 30 threads in the last month. normally any member with this sort of record would be banned for spamming the boards. i have tried to give him "friendly" warnings about the amount of threads since if i had actually given him infractions for each one then he would have been on a 30 day vacation ages ago.

this morning i come in to see several threads, one in particular "the poetry one" now, he could have posted this in the thread about his ex getting married, or his blog,or even the poetry thread. i cleaned everything up and put them in his blog with a warning that he was dancing on a minefield, about 10 minutes later he posted another new thread.

now i like chxta and dont want to see him go, but if you call my bluff i have to set a precedent. my idea was to dicuss with the other mods if i was being overbearing on this and TBH i doubted that i would carry it through but had to go out.

we are currently discussing this, he will probably be reinstated soon

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Its all ur fault Rob u probably gave Chxta some of ur potent malt whiskey.I think u need a week off here is RSA.

Now thats what I call real punishment.:D

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Hey guys, come on chill, this forum has become so anal. Chxta is a very smart guy and I for one enjoy his posts. Where's the problem if he has alot to say??? Every once in a while I see a poster posting a thread about how they are leaving the forums... that saddens me, we have lost tooo many quality posters.
Bozi chill man, have you seen the mess at the Xtratime forums? im not saying let it go 2 that extreme of a disorder, but just learn to chill man. As long as people are opening threads in the right sections then where is the problem? I liked to go to the transfer section and read the names we are linked to then go 2 each related thread. now there is one thread for all the rumors, and i find it hard to search thru that thread to separate the good stuff from the bad stuff.

This forum used to be much more chilled out, all i see now are little brown-nosers who are so eager to report breaches of the rules to the mods, it reminds me of kindergarten, "teacher teacher Tom said the "s" word".
Chill guys thats all

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hey guys, come on chill, this forum has become so anal. Chxta is a very smart guy and I for one enjoy his posts. Where's the problem if he has alot to say??? Every once in a while I see a poster posting a thread about how they are leaving the forums... that saddens me, we have lost tooo many quality posters.
Bozi chill man, have you seen the mess at the Xtratime forums? im not saying let it go 2 that extreme of a disorder, but just learn to chill man. As long as people are opening threads in the right sections then where is the problem? I liked to go to the transfer section and read the names we are linked to then go 2 each related thread. now there is one thread for all the rumors, and i find it hard to search thru that thread to separate the good stuff from the bad stuff.

This forum used to be much more chilled out, all i see now are little brown-nosers who are so eager to report breaches of the rules to the mods, it reminds me of kindergarten, "teacher teacher Tom said the "s" word".
Chill guys thats all
Are you sure about that?

Jan 7, 2004
lately with the american group and the barca fan, and now this guy is that they have had their share of warnings, yet they have done nothing about it. so stop bitching everybody and deal with it. not-banning someone because they are "popular" when he is being an asshole is not the way to go

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Are you sure about that?
Yes i am, cos if i saw a thread linking us to Ambrosini, I wouldnt care to read it, but if i read a title that said for example Klose, I would read that thread then check up on it every once in a while to see any updates on that news item. Now i have to search thru 100 pages and 5000 posts to see what happened on the Klose situation. When threads run out their need, just let them die out. Dont kill them cos some Mod doesnt believe that the news item in question doesnt deserve its own thread.

Jan 7, 2004
who takes the transfer thread seriously anyway? there is always three opinions on each thread:
1. we are JUVENTUS and this player is not juve material
2. we have some "loyal" player who is covering that possition
3. this player is the shit, lets bring him

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes i did, cos if i saw a thread linking us to Ambrosini, I wouldnt care to read it, but if i read a title that said for example Klose, I would read that thread then check up on it every once in a while to see any updates on that news item. Now i have to search thru 100 pages and 5000 posts to see what happened on the Klose situation. When threads run out their need, just let them die out. Dont kill them cos some Mod doesnt believe that the news item in question doesnt deserve its own thread.
I don't know what you are talking about, there are threads for each and every player we are linked with, some get burried in the second and third page but you can dig them up others (the active ones) are still visible. There was one thread that had several tranfer news in it, it was closed other than that, it is nothing like the situation you are describing.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Let's be honest. Nobody gives a fvck if Chxta has a problems with his girlfriend, or if there are problems in his local town or whereever he lives.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The ban came as a shock to me. I really don't see why chxta needs to be banned, he's a good member here.
I ignore a lot of what he writes, but that doesn't mean I think he should be silenced.

I have nothing against Chxta, but he posts alot of useless drivel....
Though that's true of a lot of posters here. I think the problem with Chxta, among many of the "offended" readers here, is that they just aren't interested in his posts. That's a pretty subjective criterion.

In the end, I think it was the right move to acknowledge an error and correct it. Chxta may post a lot of irrelevant stuff, but I wouldn't call him a menace (no relation) here. People don't have to read threads if they don't want to, and they can let it die.

But to the extent that people open new threads where existing threads are appropriate, get way off topic, etc., then he certainly should be held to the same standards as anyone else with warnings, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)