Huge difference between juve and milan this season (5 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Why don't you suggest that to Moggi in hopes that maybe next year with the SAME TEAM you can be lucky.....:cheesy: I would nominate YOU :thumb: as coach ... I love your attitude: keep the same players since they were just unlucky...Milanisti and Romanisti LOVE YOUR THEORY :cheesy:

i didn't say that we should keep these players next year too...it's true that we were unlucky...with this team we won supecup, tropheo birra moretti and luigi berlusconi trophy...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
The thing is that Milan players are hungry for success, Juve players aren't
Milan are just too good this year

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
I think is also the mentality and style of play that Milan adopted this year. They finally understood that in football playing a possesion offensive style pays in the end... Having talented midfielders playing all together will always creat much more chances to score than a just very phisycal midfield like ours, based on the recovery of the ball and then playing long hopefully balls...and then see what our fowards will be able to do with it...that is why I strongly believe that a change of style is needed in Juventus. Lippi needs to go and let another coach take over...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeps... imo lippi have to go to.

WE need another vision of the game... cuz his old physical football doesnt help the few technical players we have,... it doesnt help our team at all.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by wong ka yan ] ++
i what to know why the defense of Marcos Cafu + Alessandro Costacurta +
Paolo Maldini + Giuseppe Pancaro is so well ??!! many ppl said the defender in juve is too old ......... how about milan???!!
:confused:
U didn’t get my point
IMO, milan is much better than Juve as a squad and this is something out of Q this season
But let me ask you something?
How many goals did Juve score this season, u better check your info!!!!!
How many goals scored by Inzaghi and Thomason all together, DV alone scored more as far as I know
It’s obvious that we don’t have a prob in scoring goals, but the mean deficient Juve suffering from is in the Defence and to less. Extent in MF
Talking about Rui, man he is spending most of his time enjoying the game from the bench
What I wanna say here is both Juve and Milan are equal in the GKers and the Attackers but Milan has an advantage in the Def and Midfield,

Comparing Camo, Zamb and Cafu, no one of them is a natural defender

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Milan played to their strengths.

Physical preparation/conditioning. They timed their form peak to perfection, something which we used to excel in until this year. Ventrone probably has the answer deep down. This is critical in winning a marathon. Btw, does anyone really think the number of injuries (esp muscular) the team sustains is a coincidence? Not to mention the number of good players becoming sh!te after initial signs of promise, which notably deteriorates further as the season progresses. Of course, it could also be the case of pushing 1 year too far, too hard on our older players.

Coaching. Tactically (and not entirely on hindsight), Lippi messed it up big time on several occasions. As for actual training and the football on the pitch, the less said about it the better.

Fundamental qualities. Technique won the battle this year. They had it in abundance esp in midfield and onwards and adopted a system tailored to their players' strengths. What did Lippi do instead? Tudor as DM, Legro DM, Zalayeta right wing etc ... maybe he thinks he can hit the jackpot every time as with Zambrotta as LB. The thing is for sheer player-to-player quality comparison, we don't actually seem to be THAT much inferior. You need only look at the number of matches we undeservedly won due to flashes of individual brilliance to see it. However, for the reasons mentioned and probably even more unknown to us, the bottomline remains that Lotti was able to extract the maximum out of Milan's while the converse is true of Lippi. They look like a team. We don't.

Confidence. Together with quality, sheer confidence is carrying them through. They don't panic nor are afraid when things don't go their way. They have the self-belief (acquired through the course of the season for going in the right direction) in their ability to change things. Definitely huge doses of fortune too but this is something that has very close relation to confidence - you do make your own luck though it seems easier when things already go your way. Milan 4 - Depor 1, the best recent example. We had it in 96-98 but never really recovered.

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
:yawn: can someone please tell me why the feck are we comparing ourself with the team that's playing the best footie nowadays?

our current form is the same as inter, why not compare us with them.....:dontcare:
i cant see the point either!

Nyos

Feb 1, 2004
No, no...
But Kaka, Sheva, Seedorf, Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Dida, Inzaghi,...
They will be similar to Juve now! But not so bad as Juve......

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
This year they are more careful, consistent and maybe lucky. I wonder where they would be having had Kaka, Sheva, Seedorf and Pirlo injured.
And let's not forget Gattuso, Tomasson, Nesta, Maldini, Cafu, Pancaro, Costacurta, Dida, Ambrosini. Man, would we suck without them or what?

Aug 1, 2003
Milan is better than Juve this season simply because they play the better football. And why? Because they're much better organized, they have more charisma, they're more determined and most of their players are more inform than ours (and perhaps overall better) and maybe they're not so injury prone as Juve this season but that's not an excuse that's totally relevant.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
To be honest, I thought this year would be the last year before winning something big, however it provde to be a disastorous season.
While our aging "defence" has been well documented for our failures this year, I like to focus attention on different aspect on the team.
Our core players are simply not good enough and too old.
Essentially, this follows on from my philosophy that results are generally determined by key players not "role" players, especially the case in the long run.
Here is my comparison between key players between Milan, Roma and Juve

Milan

Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Sheva

Roma

Totti, Cassano, Emerson, Chivu, Samuels, Mancini

Juve
Buffon, Thuram, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Nedved

There are three things to point out from this comparsion

1) Juve core is older than Milan's and considerably so compared to Roma's, which means that while our performance should deterioate in the long run while both Milan and Roma should improve even more given that they can keep these players together.
2) The key players are well balanced throughout the team in Milan and Roma's case, whereas in Juve's case it is concerntrated in attack and defence. And after all, exception of Enzo Maresca, our midfield has been less than impressive. And fortunately for our midfielders ( unfortunately for us ) they have been saved by even worse performance by our defence which bordered on being "pathetic" at times.
3) While our key players match Milan and Roma's in terms of fame, they are players that reached their peak and now I believe inferior to our rivals. Nesta, Chivu, Samuels are superior to Thuram, and Kaka, Sheva, Totti or even Cassano on current form is more productive than Nedved or Alex.
As cruel as it to say and I hate to admit this but Juve as a team is simply not good enough at this moment. After all, can we produce ebb and flow style of Milan and Roma? Can we defend as solidly as they can? Do our strikers score more goals than theirs?
The bottom line is we are not good enough as a "team".
If Moggi wants to rebuild the team then it should start with realization of this fact and this has several signifcance.
Firstly, I believe we need a manager with new ideas. Lippi is fantastic coach regardless of this season, but what we need is a coach who can bring different perspectives. Deschamp would be my priority if I was Moggi.
Secondly, we need fresh blood throughout the team not just in defence.
Midfield could do with some new blood and energy, and some "skill".
And lastly, everyone on the team is expendable exception of Buffon, Maresca, Zambrotta and Miccoli. This quartet, I believe, can form the basis of next generation, and should be building block of new era. Rebuilding process probably will take long time but realistically for next couple of years, Milan and Roma should field better team both tactically and technically than us.

you hit the nail on the head-I don't completely agree about which players we mus keep, but everything else you said seems dead on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)