Huge difference between juve and milan this season (1 Viewer)

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
They have Dida and we have Buffom--- almost equal
They have Maldini, Nesta,---We don’t have any
They have Cafu and Pancaro and we have Zambrotta and Camo---we are better
They have Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka and we have Nedved and tacchi---they are much better
They have Gat and we lost Davids---they are much better
They have Chiva, Inzaghi, Thomason and we have DP, DV and treze---we are much better
We have Thuram, Montero, Pessotto, Birindilli, Legro and Appiah, and they don’t have any of these disasters
At the end I think there team has more determination and ready qualified subs, which we don’t have at all this season

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Both juve and milan played against deportivo look what happpened:

Juve was defeated while milan won 4-1 although they were 0-1 , this shows the determination that milan have this season and the quality of their players in general is better.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    :yawn: can someone please tell me why the feck are we comparing ourself with the team that's playing the best footie nowadays?

our current form is the same as inter, why not compare us with them.....:dontcare:

Aug 26, 2003
    i think that Milan is maybe the strongest Team in Europe at the moment!
    they have everything they need to be successful great strikers, super middlefield and a good defense!!

they play the better football as we do, maybe they did also last year but this year they know each other even more better and got much stronger! they know that they had problems in defense and they bring in Nesta they needed a good miedelfielder and they brought in Kaka!! I think that is maybe the difference they spend the money when they need to do it, juve is waiting till seasons like this is happening!!

but let as not forget that Milan has a lot of luck also with not many injuries, but that is what happening in football!

also they show a lot of winning mentality, and that is something what i miss at juve, anchelotti says that they want to go to spain to win the return match lippi would say a lose what be not so bad (maybe he is right) but maybe not, Milan are in good shape because they show the winning mentality they don't look for draws or something shit like that they say they want to win, and if not berlusconi is angry! and what is lippi telling the whole season it is no decisive match!!!

i don't know anymore if lippi is the right man!!

but when we do the right signings in summer then we can become the old juve!

wong ka yan

Mar 16, 2004
    i what to know why the defense of Marcos Cafu + Alessandro Costacurta +
    Paolo Maldini + Giuseppe Pancaro is so well ??!! many ppl said the defender in juve is too old ......... how about milan???!!
    :confused:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
    They have Dida and we have Buffom--- almost equal
    They have Maldini, Nesta,---We don’t have any
    They have Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka and we have Nedved and tacchi---they are much better
    They have Gat and we lost Davids---they are much better
    They have Chiva, Inzaghi, Thomason and we have DP, DV and treze---we are much better
    We have Thuram, Montero, Pessotto, Birindilli, Legro and Appiah, and they don’t have any of these disasters
    At the end I think there team has more determination and ready qualified subs, which we don’t have at all this season
    You are trying to figure out why Milan is better than Juve yet judging from your rationale Juve should be the better squad.

NO..because Zambrotta and Camo are not natural defenders. Zambro is letal on the wing yet he is wasted at defense because of a lack of defense. Camo....same thing. He never lived up to expectations...as usual.

If you are better you would be winning and scoring goals. DP: what has he done since 98?? Di Vaio?? Are you kidding ?? A guy like Di Vaio is going to be the striker for a team like Juve to contend for top spot?? Trez. Not an issue...he never plays and he is gone.
    Sheva ... Tomasson and Inzaghi with Pippo being out of form this year managed to score a bus load of goals. in the beginning of the season people kept saying that Milan better pray Sheva doesn't get hurt...:confused: we have an arsenal of players that will score.
    Your 3 might look better on paper but in fact : BUST!

You forgot Rui Costa, Amborsini and who have scored big goals to win games. Depth, quality...something seen less and less at Juve.

The most important issue: Everyone laughed at the Milanlab. Whats the point? What a joke...yada yada yada.
    Look at Costacurta having an incredible season....on the other end YOUNGER players like Montero and Ferrara look like they are ready to retire TOMORROW. Players like Cafu and Pancaro with an incredible conditioning and form. Players like Pirlo, Gattuso and Sheva playing week after week always in top form. Trez. Di Vaio, DP...I can't keep track of their injuries anymore.

Sorry but there is more than meets the eye here. Its not as simple as player to player comparison.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    To be honest, I thought this year would be the last year before winning something big, however it provde to be a disastorous season.
    While our aging "defence" has been well documented for our failures this year, I like to focus attention on different aspect on the team.
    Our core players are simply not good enough and too old.
    Essentially, this follows on from my philosophy that results are generally determined by key players not "role" players, especially the case in the long run.
    Here is my comparison between key players between Milan, Roma and Juve

Milan

Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Sheva

Roma

Totti, Cassano, Emerson, Chivu, Samuels, Mancini

Juve
    Buffon, Thuram, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Nedved

There are three things to point out from this comparsion

1) Juve core is older than Milan's and considerably so compared to Roma's, which means that while our performance should deterioate in the long run while both Milan and Roma should improve even more given that they can keep these players together.
    2) The key players are well balanced throughout the team in Milan and Roma's case, whereas in Juve's case it is concerntrated in attack and defence. And after all, exception of Enzo Maresca, our midfield has been less than impressive. And fortunately for our midfielders ( unfortunately for us ) they have been saved by even worse performance by our defence which bordered on being "pathetic" at times.
    3) While our key players match Milan and Roma's in terms of fame, they are players that reached their peak and now I believe inferior to our rivals. Nesta, Chivu, Samuels are superior to Thuram, and Kaka, Sheva, Totti or even Cassano on current form is more productive than Nedved or Alex.
    As cruel as it to say and I hate to admit this but Juve as a team is simply not good enough at this moment. After all, can we produce ebb and flow style of Milan and Roma? Can we defend as solidly as they can? Do our strikers score more goals than theirs?
    The bottom line is we are not good enough as a "team".
    If Moggi wants to rebuild the team then it should start with realization of this fact and this has several signifcance.
    Firstly, I believe we need a manager with new ideas. Lippi is fantastic coach regardless of this season, but what we need is a coach who can bring different perspectives. Deschamp would be my priority if I was Moggi.
    Secondly, we need fresh blood throughout the team not just in defence.
    Midfield could do with some new blood and energy, and some "skill".
    And lastly, everyone on the team is expendable exception of Buffon, Maresca, Zambrotta and Miccoli. This quartet, I believe, can form the basis of next generation, and should be building block of new era. Rebuilding process probably will take long time but realistically for next couple of years, Milan and Roma should field better team both tactically and technically than us.

Sep 28, 2002
    juve are becoming inter. :dazed:

and we are kinda unlucky this year.

roma are on a high cause totti is having a fantastic year. if his form dropped, 3 cassanos wouldn't save roma.

as for milan, they probably use some kind of magic so that qualities of players who come to inter would go to milan players.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    And lastly, everyone on the team is expendable exception of Buffon, Maresca, Zambrotta and Miccoli. This quartet, I believe, can form the basis of next generation, and should be building block of new era. Rebuilding process probably will take long time but realistically for next couple of years, Milan and Roma should field better team both tactically and technically than us.
    good post man.

This 4 guys are the best performers of the season. Of course all the others will not be sold.... but if we do the right signings...and include this 4 in the new first team...combined with new blood..we will surely improve.

We need to sell those players who are just done. Stay with some of our benches (exp. birindelli,maybe legro...) and we will be ok.-

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    All the threads are Milan oriented now. Bah. We will be back ASAP and hopefully this forum will turn black and white again!

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    To be honest, I thought this year would be the last year before winning something big, however it provde to be a disastorous season.
    While our aging "defence" has been well documented for our failures this year, I like to focus attention on different aspect on the team.
    Our core players are simply not good enough and too old.
    Essentially, this follows on from my philosophy that results are generally determined by key players not "role" players, especially the case in the long run.
    Here is my comparison between key players between Milan, Roma and Juve

Milan

Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Sheva

Roma

Totti, Cassano, Emerson, Chivu, Samuels, Mancini

Juve
    Buffon, Thuram, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Nedved

There are three things to point out from this comparsion

1) Juve core is older than Milan's and considerably so compared to Roma's, which means that while our performance should deterioate in the long run while both Milan and Roma should improve even more given that they can keep these players together.
    2) The key players are well balanced throughout the team in Milan and Roma's case, whereas in Juve's case it is concerntrated in attack and defence. And after all, exception of Enzo Maresca, our midfield has been less than impressive. And fortunately for our midfielders ( unfortunately for us ) they have been saved by even worse performance by our defence which bordered on being "pathetic" at times.
    3) While our key players match Milan and Roma's in terms of fame, they are players that reached their peak and now I believe inferior to our rivals. Nesta, Chivu, Samuels are superior to Thuram, and Kaka, Sheva, Totti or even Cassano on current form is more productive than Nedved or Alex.
    As cruel as it to say and I hate to admit this but Juve as a team is simply not good enough at this moment. After all, can we produce ebb and flow style of Milan and Roma? Can we defend as solidly as they can? Do our strikers score more goals than theirs?
    The bottom line is we are not good enough as a "team".
    If Moggi wants to rebuild the team then it should start with realization of this fact and this has several signifcance.
    Firstly, I believe we need a manager with new ideas. Lippi is fantastic coach regardless of this season, but what we need is a coach who can bring different perspectives. Deschamp would be my priority if I was Moggi.
    Secondly, we need fresh blood throughout the team not just in defence.
    Midfield could do with some new blood and energy, and some "skill".
    Class post! :thumb:

Apparently, Juve are after Marek Jankulovski. Now what concerns me is that if we do get him, where will Maresca play? Right now, we need to start playing Maresca more, but that means somebody loses his place. Who?

Nedved, Tach, Camo or Appiah? None of them have set the season ablaze. What's more, when will we get players like Blasi back from loan? Maybe instead of finding a replacement for Davids *definitely not Appiah* which would lead to a waste of talent on the bench, we need to play a new style.

With Trez gone, I hope we won't buy any new strikers. I think DV should be given more chances, as well as Miccoli. In fact, if we want a reserve striker, lets get back Zala.

What we definitely need to strengthen is our defence. We need a defensive core. Legro. Naw. Should we give him another chance? That is the coach's decision. But you can't just have 1 centreback. Will Thuram play centreback? Or will he get sold.

Our defence is really mixed up now. Too many old horses there.

I think we should keep Lippi because he doesn't deserve to go after just one bad season.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    last season ,milan was a normal team in relation to us ,but this year they are better than us 100 times , what happened???

++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    Both juve and milan played against deportivo look what happpened:

Juve was defeated while milan won 4-1 although they were 0-1 , this shows the determination that milan have this season and the quality of their players in general is better.

where is Juve100% ?

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    milan doesn't have better players than us..we are just unlucky this year, that's it!
    Why don't you suggest that to Moggi in hopes that maybe next year with the SAME TEAM you can be lucky.....:cheesy: I would nominate YOU :thumb: as coach ... I love your attitude: keep the same players since they were just unlucky...Milanisti and Romanisti LOVE YOUR THEORY :cheesy:

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Why don't you suggest that to Moggi in hopes that maybe next year with the SAME TEAM you can be lucky.....:cheesy: I would nominate YOU :thumb: as coach ... I love your attitude: keep the same players since they were just unlucky...Milanisti and Romanisti LOVE YOUR THEORY :cheesy:
    u think that Milan and Roma are gonna be as good next year with the same players?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)