How to wake up (1 Viewer)

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
This might seem stupid. Well it is but I really need some advice on how to hell to wake up in the morning on time.

I usually start at 10. Getting other people to wake me up dosent work because they start earlier and I will just go back to sleep :D

Alarm clock dosent work. It did work, but Ive gradually thought myself how to instantly react and turn it of without waking up. I cant hit the snooze button, I always turn it off!

Setting another alarm like the alarm on my phone dosent work either because I do two things:

1. Set it slighty to early. (then I get up and still go back to sleep)
2. Set it slighty late so I wont have time to go back to sleep (but then in my half aslept mind I convince myself that its to late and I wont have time)

I always get up after I drink because I dont sleep well and always wake up early.

What to do? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
This might seem stupid. Well it is but I really need some advice on how to hell to wake up in the morning on time.

I usually start at 10. Getting other people to wake me up dosent work because they start earlier and I will just go back to sleep :D

Alarm clock dosent work. It did work, but Ive gradually thought myself how to instantly react and turn it of without waking up. I cant hit the snooze button, I always turn it off!

Setting another alarm like the alarm on my phone dosent work either because I do two things:

2. Set it slighty late so I wont have time to go back to sleep (but then in my half aslept mind I convince myself that its to late and I wont have time)

I always get up after I drink because I dont sleep well and always wake up early.

shit, the same thing happens to me. I have missed weeks of school like that.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
What worked is when my principle found out I was missing school too much and he threaten me.

It made me wake up earlier for about a week, then I had him convinced I had changed my habits and then resumed my habit.

My advice is just don't go to sleep at all.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

I've got this virus too :D

these days i use 3 alarm clocks and always keep the curtain open, not that we get much sun :down:. and if am not not up by then, my buddy wakes me up.

If non of those work them i'm in wonderland :D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I don't know what you guys are talking about. My mobile alarm works in 101% of the cases, even if I slept for 3 hours.

If you can't get up- why bother to try? :D

Just stay in bed!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Get a really loud alarm clock and place it on the opposite side of the room, so you have to get up to turn it off.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Get a really loud alarm clock and place it on the opposite side of the room, so you have to get up to turn it off.
Or better even better in the bathroom

This way in addition to walking you'll wash your face and stuff :D

Pouring cold water on your face works perfectly too.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++

I will send you my mum, she can wake up even dead body.
There is no way you can stand in your bed, after she comes to your room :D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I had this problem too. I have to wake up everyday at seven in the morning. I usually wake up by setting my phone alarm.

Emma why dont you buy 5000W speakers and let them play some music you don't like every day at 10? That would make you wake up. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
When I was in high school, my friend/ride into school used to have an awful time getting up in time after being out all night practicing in his band, etc. So he typically woke up with ears ringing, unable to hear the alarm clock. And he was also so tired, he got report cards with notes from teachers saying, "Sleep at home, not in class."

So he rigged up a government issue fire alarm bell from a nearby firestation to a switch outlet timer. Sure, his neighborhood woke up every morning thinking the place was burning down. But he was never late to pick me up for the ride to school after implementing that invention.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
On a totally different note does anyone know how to sleep? I seem to have picked up insomnia of sorts over the past weeks, sleeping perhaps only 2-3 hours a night, every night, despite being really tired I can't seem to sleep. Monday night I got a full 7 hours and I thought problem over but last night I didn't even get a minutes sleep :frown:

count yourself lucky Em :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
On a totally different note does anyone know how to sleep? I seem to have picked up insomnia of sorts over the past weeks, sleeping perhaps only 2-3 hours a night, every night, despite being really tired I can't seem to sleep. Monday night I got a full 7 hours and I thought problem over but last night I didn't even get a minutes sleep :frown:

count yourself lucky Em :D
I sometimes suffer the same problem Tom. I'm tired, I know I'm tired, but sometimes I just can't sleep. :frown:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The worst thing is being really tired and not being able to sleep. Cause all you think about is going to sleep and that just jinxes it. Better to wait out that moment and go to bed a little later I think.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
The worst thing is being really tired and not being able to sleep. Cause all you think about is going to sleep and that just jinxes it. Better to wait out that moment and go to bed a little later I think.
Thats exactly what happens to me Marty. Whenever I can't fall asleep, I always keep thinking "damn why can't I sleep". Then I start thinking about stuff, and then before I know it I have been awake for 3 hours.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
I can sleep anywhere anytime

Once I've intentionally fallen asleep on a piece of concrete in the middle of a construction site.
you like my brother... he can fall asleep standing up.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Thats exactly what happens to me Marty. Whenever I can't fall asleep, I always keep thinking "damn why can't I sleep". Then I start thinking about stuff, and then before I know it I have been awake for 3 hours.
Yeah :frown:

well think that every night for two consecutive weeks, in addition to an increasingly long working week (too many jobs to do at the office, too few of us to do them :groan: ) and having to play football at 10:40 PM tonight :wth: and you might begin to feel how knackered i am! :down:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Yeah :frown:

well think that every night for two consecutive weeks, in addition to an increasingly long working week (too many jobs to do at the office, too few of us to do them :groan: ) and having to play football at 10:40 PM tonight :wth: and you might begin to feel how knackered i am! :down:
I know that feeling man. I just loved driving out to the pitch an hour away for a game at 11 oclock at night. :groan:

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I will send you my mum, she can wake up even dead body.
There is no way you can stand in your bed, after she comes to your room :D
can u send her to me :D
I use 3 clocks (alarms) too,but i don't hear anything at all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)