How to improve the squad in January (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

I disagree. As good as Oddo is, I think that Maresca will eventually lead our midfield and supply the needed creative spark.
exactly. we should rather include another player in that exchange or try getting some one else. zaccardo, bonera, anyone. or **** it all, let's get lucio this january. he is not cup tied, if he sucks he'll be a back up next year, since we wont have ferrara, and montero with iuliano will be only good enough for inter.

QUESTION: do we have some very, i mean VERY promising defenders in primavera or on loan?

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

QUESTION: do we have some very, i mean VERY promising defenders in primavera or on loan?

there are a couple ( Masiello , Urbano and Bartolucci ) ..but all 3 are really young and i think they will be loaned out first before we ever get a chance to see them in the first team (well they might play in a Coppa Italia game or 2 ....)

as for Juve- owned defenders on loan, well, Athirson is on loan at Flamengo, but he's not "very" promising ... thats about it i think.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
yeah i thought he was released too, but when i checked the other day, i was surprised to find out that Juve still own him.

ManU or Betis were supposed to sign him, (in which case Juve would have released him)...but that didn't happen

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #46
    He's actually onb coownership AFAIK. 45% Juve, 45% Flamengo and 10% Athirson

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

I disagree. As good as Oddo is, I think that Maresca will eventually lead our midfield and supply the needed creative spark.
    So you're saying that we shouldn't acquire a fairly young,proven, Italian international defender, which we desperately need, at the expense of a Midfileder who hasn't yet proven that he can play first team football on a regular basis?

Sorry, man. Our defense is letting in goals like a sieve, and lazio knows better than to just get cash for Oddo, they are going to want something in return.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    i don't know why everyone would be so upset if they gave up maresca as part of the Oddo deal.

What has maresca proven?

And before I hear "Well, he never gets a chance", one would assume that according to lippi, what you do in training will dictate whether you get to play or not.

The fact that Nedved, camo, and to an extent, Tacchinardi, have been sub-par this season would tell you that maresca should get more playing time, but he hasn't.

Everyone wants to improve the Juve defense, that much we can agree on, but no one wants them to give up anything in return.

Hell, I wish it worked that way, but it certainly doesn't in Serie A, especially if you want that player to play for you in January.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    wheres kovacevic when we need him eh serge?
    Well, we never gave him much of a chance, but then again, he was never part of a deal to bring in a class RB like Oddo, either.

Kova plays in La Liga, where I think that you and I could each put in 5 goals a year just by standing in the box. In Spain, Defense is merely a word in the dictionary, after "Dandruff", but before "Dental Surgery"

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    well this is who we can give up: fresi, birindelli, pessotto, montero, conteo, ferrara, chimenti,

serge maresca has potential. if anything this game would prove it to some point.

Sep 28, 2002
    this year our primary objective is cl. oddo couldn't play for us in europe. there's no sense in getting him now. we should go after lucio or mexes (if auxerre didn't play in europe, i dun remember)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    well this is who we can give up: fresi, birindelli, pessotto, montero, conteo, ferrara, chimenti,

Let's play Role-Play.

You'll be Moggi, and I'll be whomever is in charge for Lazio.

I have Oddo, a class defender, which you need.

You offer me one of those stiffs that you just mentioned.

Tell me again why I would accept the deal??

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    this year our primary objective is cl. oddo couldn't play for us in europe. there's no sense in getting him now. we should go after lucio or mexes (if auxerre didn't play in europe, i dun remember)
    This team just gave up two goals to an injury plagued Lazio, after they gave up 3 goals, AT HOME, to an Inter squad that was without Vieri.

What do you think teams like Real Madrid, Man U, or Arsenal will do to them in the CL?

Juve has not played well in what has arguably been a weak bracket in the qualifying rounds, and I can't see them going that much further

Cup tied or not, this team needs help. If Oddo can't play in the CL, then so be it. But this squad, with this defense the way it stands right now, will be lucky to finish 5th this year.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Let's play Role-Play.

You'll be Moggi, and I'll be whomever is in charge for Lazio.

I have Oddo, a class defender, which you need.

You offer me one of those stiffs that you just mentioned.

Tell me again why I would accept the deal??
    because getting montero plus cash would be good for you. woudn't you like to have montero instead of mihajlovic? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)