How to improve the squad in January (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Surely you jest, Fli.
hell no

you're trying to say that mihajlovic is better than montero? besides, lazio may not qualify for playoffs in the cl, they wont win lo scudetto, why not getting some cash? money can do everything.

but we dont need oddo. i mentioned those CBs because they can help us in the cl. last year we reached the final, this year we have a better team. get one decent center back and off we go.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm not saying that Mihajlovic is better than Montero, I'm just saying that if i have something you need (oddo) I'm holding out for something better than Montero.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

So you're saying that we shouldn't acquire a fairly young,proven, Italian international defender, which we desperately need, at the expense of a Midfileder who hasn't yet proven that he can play first team football on a regular basis?

Sorry, man. Our defense is letting in goals like a sieve, and lazio knows better than to just get cash for Oddo, they are going to want something in return.
We definitely need defenders, there's no denying it, but losing Maresca will be a major blow in the long term, especially if Davids is on his way out.

I know that you must be thinking, 'in the long term? Who gives a bad word about the long term? We need something done now!' and I agree with you, but Maresca is a gem. He must stay.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
i don't know why everyone would be so upset if they gave up maresca as part of the Oddo deal.

What has maresca proven?

And before I hear "Well, he never gets a chance", one would assume that according to lippi, what you do in training will dictate whether you get to play or not.

The fact that Nedved, camo, and to an extent, Tacchinardi, have been sub-par this season would tell you that maresca should get more playing time, but he hasn't.

Everyone wants to improve the Juve defense, that much we can agree on, but no one wants them to give up anything in return.

Hell, I wish it worked that way, but it certainly doesn't in Serie A, especially if you want that player to play for you in January.
Obviously I don't know what Maresca does in training, but hey, Di Vaio is on the form of his life and he's still on the bench. From what I've seen of Maresca this season, he has great potential. His passing is better than that of any of our other midfielders, he has a good eye for goal, great ball physics and technique, and he's a passionate commander to boot.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
lol we could offer brighi and blasi :D
You're laughing, but why not offer Brighi? Lazio want a midfielder, and Brighi is continually doing well for the Azzurrini and puts in honest shifts for Brescia when he gets the chance. I know that if I were Lazio I'd take Brighi and 3-6 million euros for Oddo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you've read my previous posts on various threads, you would see that I am concerned about the long term as well as the short term.

That's why getting Oddo makes sense, even if it means giving up Maresca.

He's experienced, but at 26 he is also fairly young. We aren't giving up Enzo for a 30 year old who may be on his last legs.

I wouldn't go for something like that.

But this is a deal that would make sense for both teams.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You're not going to convince me that Maresca for Oddo is a good move, and I'm clearly not going to convince you that it's a bad one, so let's just leave it like that. We each have our own opinion, and I respect yours. Hopefully you respect mine too.

Anyways, I've got to wake up early tomorrow, so goodnight.

Sep 28, 2002
If you've read my previous posts on various threads, you would see that I am concerned about the long term as well as the short term.

That's why getting Oddo makes sense, even if it means giving up Maresca.

He's experienced, but at 26 he is also fairly young. We aren't giving up Enzo for a 30 year old who may be on his last legs.

I wouldn't go for something like that.

But this is a deal that would make sense for both teams.

but serge, look.
lucio. young. established. can play in the champions league. if he fails this year, he'll be used as a back up next season. yet he might become a major act. both short and long term. oddo can wait till the summer. and we get to keep enzo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm hearing mixed reviews on Lucio.

I've yet to hear a negative word on Oddo, whereas i've heard reports from one extreme to the other on Lucio.

Normally, Fli, I tend to favor palyers that have played and flourished in Serie A as opposed to players that have played and done well in leagues that isn't as physical and rigorous as Serie A.

Who knows, Fantasista makes a lot of sense about Brighi and cash going to Lazio. I never thought of it, simply because I hadn't heard his name mentioned before.

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Well, after tonights game, not to mention the game against Inter and our draws against Roma and Milan (we have collected only 2 points from 4 derbies) and we now have 3 defeats in a row, and seeing our play tonight I can predict a 4th one aganst Parma. The cracks in our armour have been overexposed during the last few weeks and I feel we should do something in Januray to rectify the situation.

Imo, we firstly need a new defender (surprise, surprise). Somebody fast and solid, experienced, but not old. IMO, we need instant improvement, we cant afford to take a chance on a young, promising player that could end up making the misstakes Legro does. IMO, Lucio would be perfect, and I believe Moggi will make it happen.

Next, we need a playmaker, a player of the Aimar type, somebody that can make that final pass, or that solo run, someone that would help us become less dependant on Nedved, someone with great vision, flair, technique and passing. Unfortunately, there are few good players like that, and even fewer that we would be able to buy in the winter transfer window. Therefore I propose givin Olivera a chance, we certanly dont have anything to lose anymore. But for next year a playmaker is a must.

Next, IMO we have a problem on the right flank, where Camo just inst performing. we can no longer expect much from him, and IMO it's time for a replacement. He's too inconsistent, selfish at times, and loses more balls than the other 10 players can win. IMO, we need a Zambrotta type of wing on the right side, therefor I will again propose Salihamidzic, but knowing that will never happen, I guess a player like Santana would be a good alternative.

And last, but not least, I believe we need a real left winger, as Zambrotta cant do all the work himself. Imo, Jankulovski would be a good aquasition for this position

Anyways, let me hear your suggestions.
IMO, the whole of juventus is in alarm.

a win (or thrash) at homa against olympiakos will be on time to boost their morale before the match against parma. after all, they're juventus.

a must for juventus. but should not put all hopes on Lucio as chelsea are also chasing for him. juve might not be able to meet the price chelsea offered

no one will have doubt on aimar's ability but he cost a bomb. i doubt moggi willing to fork out the $. will Riquelme or Rosky cost a little less?

Camo is a big disappointment. no wonder juve wanted to off- load him to Parma for youngsters Daniele Bonera and Alberto Gilardino [but i doubt Parma want him after seeing his performance so far ]. but getting a replacement might be too late for this season, how about letting Zambrotta play back his usual role and get a new LB?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
giving up Maresca now seems stupid to me. he is just starting to play more often in the midfield and everyone including Lippi and Moggi must realise that he has more to offer than most others at the club.

we lose davids in january, hopefully conte moves on. Camoranesi isnt a juve player, let him play elsewhere so he can be happy and perform.

Brighi is loan, god knows if he will evr play for juve after moggi destroyed his career. is blasi available these days??whatthe story with his drug ban??

Olivera needs to be loaned out for a season or two and may never be a senior player for us.

unless juve is planning on bringing in star midfielders, Maresca is definately a keeper.

i'm aware that Stankovic is involved in this deal as well, so thats a good thing.

what about offering camo, birindelli, olivera, brighi, blasi, iuliano...these are the names who should be offered. and give more cash...we didnt spend much at all last summer.

but being cup-tied doesnt help us much in the CL, but at least we can win the scudetto again.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Darn, that's right. Oddo and co are cup-tied :wallbang:

that's why i say that we should wait until summer to get him. and lucio is not cup tied. cant think of any other big defender that is not cup tied as well.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
that's why i say that we should wait until summer to get him. and lucio is not cup tied. cant think of any other big defender that is not cup tied as well.
Alex from Santos is the only other, but he'll be just as hard to get as Lucio and probably not as good.

Sep 28, 2002
if moggi waves appropriate amount amount of bills in front of their manager face we should get him. if those rumours that move is agreed in june are true then couple millions more should do the trick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)