How much is an engagement ring worth? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You know what's funny, I never wore a ring never tried it, but I doubt I'll always wear it. P.s I forget a lot so I'm pretty sure I'll loose it someday.

Seriously, I don't understand the ring thing too. But what the hell at the end of the day you and I both know that we will end up buying one:D. It's not helping you Martin.
Bah, you misunderstood. I'm not talking about wedding rings, I was talking about engagement rings.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Engagement ring is the one you're supposed to spend a fortune on. Wedding ring is a lot more low key.
True but still that doesn't change much other than we have to spend less on a wedding ring.

I was also pointing out at the use and concept of this ring. Like it doesn't make much sense.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah I agree, but then I have this thing about not accepting traditional things just because they are traditions. I don't think I'd have a huge problem with a wedding ring, but they are pretty pointless cause it's not like I would forget that I'm married. But at least it's something that you do together and not some sort of ancient transfer of wealth from one person to another that seems pretty lame.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah I agree, but then I have this thing about not accepting traditional things just because they are traditions. I don't think I'd have a huge problem with a wedding ring, but they are pretty pointless cause it's not like I would forget that I'm married. But at least it's something that you do together and not some sort of ancient transfer of wealth from one person to another that seems pretty lame.
Yes, probably this is the only reason I would wear it.

Btw, I'm telling you from now, you will be invited to my wedding. Don't ask about the date yet, it's pretty early to tell and plus I never fell inlove. But you'll be invited nevertheless. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes, probably this is the only reason I would wear it.

Btw, I'm telling you from now, you will be invited to my wedding. Don't ask about the date yet, it's pretty early to tell and plus I never fell inlove. But you'll be invited nevertheless. :D
Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing Del Piero again. :D As we are both guests from outside your family I hope you will seat us next to each other. :D

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
You know what's funny, I never wore a ring never tried it, but I doubt I'll always/keep wearin it in the future. P.s I forget a lot so I'm pretty sure I'll loose it someday.

Seriously, I don't understand the ring thing too. But what the hell at the end of the day you and I both know that we will end up buying one:D. It's not helping you Martin.
I am not a ring person either. But I had to for the Mrs's sake :)
Later on, I took it off as I frequently go to the gym and it is hard to lift with ring on. I took it off and wear it on big occasions.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I just paid for the shit. I went out with her, hoping that she'll find the ring she wants asap, without taking me from one jewelery to another. She had already chosen the ring earlier, she picked her ring, i paid for it.

I didn't have a ring when she asked me to marry her :D

Oh, and i never wear my ring. Just like Rab, i never wore a ring (well, except during the wedding) and i never will.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Is this a synopsis of Blood Diamond?
It's pretty much the concept that Blood Diamond tried to convey.

Pretty much & you can add the queen of englands crown jewels too.De Beers have been dealing with conflict diamonds for years,honestly this isnt news.
It's not news, but relatively few people realise that the 'value' of diamonds is completely artificial, and have this impression that the tradition of buying a diamond engagement ring is centuries old or something.

IMO the diamond trade is one of the biggest scams in history (please oh please don't let this thread spill into a religious debate).

My biggest gripe isn't even with conflict diamonds to be honest. Of course it's awful that so many people die to keep the trade alive, but the part I find most ridiculous is the fact that diamonds have barely any intrinsic value. They shouldn't even be considered rare.

The only reason such exorbitant prices can be charged for the damn things is that the world's entire supply of diamonds is locked up in De Beers-owned vaults, and any time a new competitor arrives on the scene, De Beers has the ability to flood the market with their stash, driving down prices and forcing them out of business.

If I was going to spend 3 months of my salary on my bride-to-be, the last thing I'd waste it on is a chunk of 'precious' rock that can be artificially manufactured in a lab. Why not use it on something memorable like a holiday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)