How much is an engagement ring worth? (2 Viewers)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Unfortunately we MUST :D
And not any diamond though, it has to be of certain specs, like carats and clarity and so on..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Do we really have to buy our future wives an engagement ring? Can't we just take them out for Burger King instead?
The engagement ring idea is pretty dumb to begin with. Oh look, a precious rock. It doesn't do a damn thing and it's a pure waste of our money. Why not find a nice looking rock in the parking lot for free, and then you can actually use your money in a sensible way.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The engagement ring idea is pretty dumb to begin with. Oh look, a precious rock. It doesn't do a damn thing and it's a pure waste of our money. Why not find a nice looking rock in the parking lot for free, and then you can actually use your money in a sensible way.
Waste of money? You should see how much cash you pump just to marry in Lebanon... it starts with the ring, then making a wedding(huge event, or else you wont satisfy your wife)... honeymoon(luxury place of course).... etc etc...

Lebanese women would drive you bankrupt any second any day:D

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Waste of money? You should see how much cash you pump just to marry in Lebanon... it starts with the ring, then making a wedding(huge event, or else you wont satisfy your wife)... honeymoon(luxury place of course).... etc etc...

That is why i always avoid Lebanisian girls....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Well, people are not wise with money. I think we know that much living in this world.

Actually this engagement ring (or any token for that matter) would sound a lot more persuasive if it was something that you had come up with yourself, something special to you. But since you're just doing what everyone else does, the same old routine, what does it even mean? It means you can afford a ring, that's it.

Of course, in principle, everyone can afford a ring because it's supposed to be like 1 or 2 months worth of wages or something (at least that's what I heard), which means even if you have a very low paying job you can still buy the cheapest one I bet.

It's like buying greeting cards where the message is already written inside. Lazy and without effort.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
El 7amdilla I am married to a great great great Lebanese Girl my self. Couldn't have made it without her great wise mindset and not pushing just to impress then go bankrup the next day :D
I still had a tough time with the ring in terms of the headache of shopping around for one and trying the best deals around, but we settled for a nice family dinner which turned greatly as equivalent as a nice wedding reception.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, people are not wise with money. I think we know that much living in this world.

Actually this engagement ring (or any token for that matter) would sound a lot more persuasive if it was something that you had come up with yourself, something special to you. But since you're just doing what everyone else does, the same old routine, what does it even mean? It means you can afford a ring, that's it.

Of course, in principle, everyone can afford a ring because it's supposed to be like 1 or 2 months worth of wages or something (at least that's what I heard), which means even if you have a very low paying job you can still buy the cheapest one I bet.

It's like buying greeting cards where the message is already written inside. Lazy and without effort.
You know what's funny, I never wore a ring never tried it, but I doubt I'll always/keep wearin it in the future. P.s I forget a lot so I'm pretty sure I'll loose it someday.

Seriously, I don't understand the ring thing too. But what the hell at the end of the day you and I both know that we will end up buying one:D. It's not helping you Martin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)