How many languages do you speak fluently? (20 Viewers)

How many languages do you speak fluently?

• 6+

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
"Penki tūkštančiai penki šimtai penkiasdešimt penki", i dont understand why you need this? :D
when my lithuanian friend says this it sounds hilarious, I don't think a non-lithuanian could ever pronounce that quickly without having troubles. :D anyways, cheers bro, good to have some more lads from Baltic states around here :pint:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nice to know that ..

Arabic grammar is also difficult .. Many Arabs don't even know some basic grammar because they always use their own dialect .. Real Arabic which is called ( Fos'ha ) is rarely USED ..

Arabic poem is also difficult to understand, especialy old poem .. Many vocabulary become extincted .. :crazy:

But I heard that the Catalan language is probably the most difficult language to learn and speak .. :shocked:

anyway IMO I think European people are more capable to learn a new language and speak in it than other races ..

Italian and German sounds cool .. I wish I had time to learn Italian at least .. :wub:
No, man, Catalan isn't all that difficult, there's just no point in learning it unless you're going to live in Barcelona the rest of your life. And even then everyone speaks Spanish too. I speak Italian and French and I can sometimes translate entire Catalan sentences (I have two friends who are from Barcelona and they speak Catalan amongst themselves). My knowledge of Arabic grammar is very basic, but as a European I'm pretty confident it would be much harder for me to learn Arabic. I also don't believe we're any more capable of learning a new language, it's just that we speak a lot of different languages and that most of those languages have similar grammar.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You have basic knowledge of Arabic grammar? Really? I didn't expect that.
When studying languages at uni here, you get several courses which expand on how languages have different structures. Arabic was an example that was often used. Two of my best friends also studied Arabic at uni and found it necessary to talk to me about it for ages :D (before anyone accuses me of being racist again, I admit that they aren't muslims, although I do have a lot of muslim friends from playing football).

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
When studying languages at uni here, you get several courses which expand on how languages have different structures. Arabic was an example that was often used. Two of my best friends also studied Arabic at uni and found it necessary to talk to me about it for ages :D (before anyone accuses me of being racist again, I admit that they aren't muslims, although I do have a lot of muslim friends from playing football).
Just like I hang out with black people after school.:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)