How do you rate your relationship with your parents? (15 Viewers)

Your relationship with your parents (be honest)

• I get along more with Mom

• I get along more with Dad

• Perfect relation with both since childhood

• It depends, sometimes it's my old man, other times it's my mom

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
Aug 25, 2007
I am the second youngest of 5 siblings. I am Lebanese, from Beirut, but was born in Kuwait. I love both, although I would have to say, I am way closer to mom than dad.

My father only talked about politics and football, he never asked me anything personal or how am I doing in school, he always watches the news and get wild up on the current events then he will be upset have a dinner and watch a football match if there is any or a Western movie later on, my mom on the other hand was always pushing us to succeed in school, she was generally strict and specially when it comes to studying, this is wasn't a big deal to me because I loved school and I would always pull high marks, She expected me though to be perfect when it comes to school, too much pressure which annoyed me. I was always worried if I lose a mark here or there, she will let me hear it, and blame it on playing football or make something up.

I moved to North America at 18 to attend university, both approved it and fully supported me, things changed when I attended university, my father suddenly started becoming emotional toward me and tell me how much he loves me every time we talk or meet, probably because I am away. Also my mom never asked me much about studying later on when I attended university, some how she decided to put alot of trust in me and let me do my thing. I love both of them, I talk to them always, and I can't wait until I see them again, hopefully soon.

P.S Thank you Rab for this thread, some of the stories I've read are heart breaking/amazing/touchy. Great thread :tup:
your story is of a typical lebanese family household... i thought i was the only one to go through that as a kid... the only difference is my dad still didnt care and became even more stubborn and my journey had more twists and turns... but sort of the same story if i was to sum it up... i dont know but sometimes i think it has alot to do with being the middle child

I love my mother and to a lesser extent my father. I can't tell my mom everything and I won't tell my dad shit. Me and my dad are really fringe he once told me "billy, I think u have some deep hatred for me" ... I wouldn't call it hatred but a disliking. i understand all hes done/doing for me though.
Thanks Shiek
First of all, I am sorry to hear about your loss buddy, you are an amazing guy and I am sure your kids will be lucky to have a father like you :dule:
Sorry for your loss sheik... you'll give your future kids the life you missed out on... thats another way to look at it

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i'm def closer to my mum, thats if i consider her mum as she is my best friend actually. there is no limit to what i can tell her or ask her about, cant say the same about my dad though. due to the age difference between us i,e the gap between us is 30+ years we dont seem to get a long or in other words he does'nt understand my age or my demands and vice versa. its been like this for years now and it remains this way. if i want sth i ask my mum never my dad bec quite simply i hate asking him although he is pretty kind and generous i just dont like asking him for money period. he used to be strict but now not so much i guess age caught up with him although i hear the annoying ahmed quit smoking ahmed stop this blah blah lectures u hear every single day its like the same lecture but on loop. he had a tough up bringing so he wants us to follow his path so we appreciate what we have, i dont quite disagree with him on this but he takes it to a whole new level :D:D:D:D there is no doubt i love the guy, he is dad and is actually a cool guy to talk politics with but not more. no discussing personal stuff with him thats where mum comes in :D

SoundAttack

Guru of Greatness
Aug 25, 2007
I am the second youngest of 5 siblings. I am Lebanese, from Beirut, but was born in Kuwait. I love both, although I would have to say, I am way closer to mom than dad.

My father only talked about politics and football, he never asked me anything personal or how am I doing in school, he always watches the news and get wild up on the current events then he will be upset have a dinner and watch a football match if there is any or a Western movie later on, my mom on the other hand was always pushing us to succeed in school, she was generally strict and specially when it comes to studying, this is wasn't a big deal to me because I loved school and I would always pull high marks, She expected me though to be perfect when it comes to school, too much pressure which annoyed me. I was always worried if I lose a mark here or there, she will let me hear it, and blame it on playing football or make something up.

I moved to North America at 18 to attend university, both approved it and fully supported me, things changed when I attended university, my father suddenly started becoming emotional toward me and tell me how much he loves me every time we talk or meet, probably because I am away. Also my mom never asked me much about studying later on when I attended university, some how she decided to put alot of trust in me and let me do my thing. I love both of them, I talk to them always, and I can't wait until I see them again, hopefully soon.

P.S Thank you Rab for this thread, some of the stories I've read are heart breaking/amazing/touchy. Great thread :tup:
I love my mother and to a lesser extent my father. I can't tell my mom everything and I won't tell my dad shit. Me and my dad are really fringe he once told me "billy, I think u have some deep hatred for me" ... I wouldn't call it hatred but a disliking. i understand all hes done/doing for me though.
Thanks Shiek
First of all, I am sorry to hear about your loss buddy, you are an amazing guy and I am sure your kids will be lucky to have a father like you :dule:
:D agreed hence i'm quitting again this summer once and for all
dont we all say this every single summer every single new year... every single sunday lol

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Both my parents passed away when I was very young, but I still voted for option 3 since they were really great parents/people and I had a close relationship with both.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
So who's parents try to hook them up with a nice person? My dad always tries to arrange something with one of his friends daughters for me. Plus my mom always randomly brings over super weird bible bashing girls.:D

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
my aunt told me last night she and my niece saw my father two weeks ago and that he misses me. Now I am feeling guilty to him :(

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #140
    I just had a fucked up fight with my old man just last night. I wish I can change my vote :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)