How Are You All So Good At English?! (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #142
    Oh! I completely forgot about that! How could i miss my opportunity for a free dinner :wallbang:

Are you a dentist ?!

oh yeah, i asked this in another thread but u prolly didn't notice. What part of Hong Kong do you live in? My gf's from Hong Kong, and since it's not a big place, she'd probably know ;)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    I've answered you....my dear...

But since I love you (and other forum users) sooo much I'll answer again: I live in the New Territories, Tuen Mun.

And I'm not a dentist.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #144
    ahhh you did? :heart:

oops, i guess i didn't read up on it again.

ummmm are you......ermmmmm.....umm....a....tongue.....surgeon? :p

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    :LOL:

1. I'm not a tongue surgeon. Actually thet operation is just a minor surgery. Round-the-corner GP could have done it for you!

2. Iwanted to be a supermarket cashier when I was really young but no I don't own a grocery shop now.

Don't forget I HAD to learn the phonetic alphabet ....so...have another guess.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    <trying to be more imaginative>

urrmm Speach Therapist???
    BINGO!!

Sunshine you just stole a dinner from Gray!!:D

For your reference Gray, they call us speech pathologist in Australia.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #152
    ++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++
    BINGO!!

Sunshine you just stole a dinner from Gray!!:D

For your reference Gray, they call us speech pathologist in Australia.
    That's what i was gonna say next! :D Wasn't it obvious!? :wallbang: That's not fair! I was on my way home from uni, my fingers aching to type "speech pathologist"... no fair :frown:

hehe i said teacher cos i had no idea ;)

++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

i give the dinner back to him....
    Damn right you will :fero:

:D

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    So...I'll shout dinner when I see sunshine...and sunshine will shout it back on you when she sees you in the future.

Perfect~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #154
    Hrmm but don't you have more chance of coming to Australia than Sunny? Since you lived here before.... :down:

Oh well, I'd love to get a free dinner from either of you lovely ladies ;):flirt: so I won't complain :lick:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #156
    Ermm sort of, I'm really good at Korean instant noodles :p:lick:

I can cook some food, and I'm planning to learn it all from my mum before i leave home, but i survive on instant food for the moment.

Can you cook well?

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    I boil water really well. My only purpose of getting into the kitchen is to get my coca cola. I'm unofficially banned from cooking. I'm that hopeless.:groan:

Thank God it's the hangout forum here...I think we're way off your topic.:D

Regarding that surgery, in my whole career I had only recommended one client to have it done. He was so tongue-tied that he had problems eating/chewing/swallowing. Bad articulation too. Now he's doing fine.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #158
    ++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++
    I boil water really well. My only purpose of getting into the kitchen is to get my coca cola. I'm unofficially banned from cooking. I'm that hopeless.:groan:
    :LOL: at your first sentence :LOL: Who can't boil water!? Are there some idiots who put it in the fridge :howler:

Thank God it's the hangout forum here...I think we're way off your topic.:D
    :) i think these kinds of threads can only last so long, before you find out the answer to your question...

Regarding that surgery, in my whole career I had only recommended one client to have it done. He was so tongue-tied that he had problems eating/chewing/swallowing. Bad articulation too. Now he's doing fine.
    Yeah, that's okay, if the guy couldn't speak at all or anything, but what the stupid Koreans are doing (getting the surgery when you can speak your own language fine, and in the hope that you can speak better English) is just stupid.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Yeah, that's okay, if the guy couldn't speak at all or anything, but what the stupid Koreans are doing (getting the surgery when you can speak your own language fine, and in the hope that you can speak better English) is just stupid.
    And personally I think those doctors who perform the surgery without solid grounds are unethical.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    Zambro, you are so pessimistic about the future? :confused:
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    Why were you pessimistic about your future if I may ask?:confused:
    Hard to say why, I just have this deep rooted feeling that life shouldn't be wasted you should have fun all the time. And I fear that I won't have fun when I spend all my time trying to make other people have fun, it sounds very egoistic I know.
    I saw this show a couple of weeks ago where a hockey player had to give up his dream, to play in the NHL because the family didn't think he was home enough. Every day since he bothers about that he was so close to his dream that he actually could touch it but he had to give it up. It was the one dream he had. although it was a good thing to sacrifice it for I really feel sorry for him and this story scares me.
    This was just an example, there are more things of course. I can't see how I can have as fun as I'm having now with worse condition and friends spread all over the world. I also miss spontanity from people older people today I hope that will change when I get old.

I'm just a little pessimistic nothing else. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)