Houssem Aouar - M LC - Lyon (9 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Has been a mediocre season. But he wasn't competing with Rabiot for a spot, it was more Lemar, since Auoar is considered more a backup AM in Deschamps system. He chose Lemar over Fekir and Aouar. Might regret it, because even if all 3 players have had weak seasons, Lemar is still the worst of the 3.
I dont think he is wrong to prefer Lemar - Aouar is a very good player but as for the AM position Lemar is more suited IMO

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Didnt watch more than a game or two of Lyon but what I hear from those that did is that was bad and inconsistent.

I imagine it has to be case to be excluded from the national team in favor of Rabiot, who Deschamps doesn't even like.
They don't play the same position maybe that's why. I think it's tactical, Aouar doesn't suit whatever formation Deschamps plays

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He'd potentially cost less than both Locatelli and De Paul, and he's younger than the latter. He's also more inventive, providing a creative outlet in those tough "lockdown" games.

Bringing in both Locatelli and Aouar for circa 50 - 60 million would be insane. A few months ago, we were saying that might be enough to bring in just one of them.

Summer 2022 - Gravenberch. There goes your midfield revolution.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He'd potentially cost less than both Locatelli and De Paul, and he's younger than the latter. He's also more inventive, providing a creative outlet in those tough "lockdown" games.

Bringing in both Locatelli and Aouar for circa 50 - 60 million would be insane. A few months ago, we were saying that might be enough to bring in just one of them.

problem is he is not a runner and is liability defensively, so he can only play in 3 man midfield probably, will we do so? Locatelli is no brainer, but no idea if I we should go for aouar - it should depend on the tactic.
Aouar strikes me as an Isco type of player, is really useful at time, but also turns ghost mode in many games.

Jun 6, 2015

I think we would still need to add some leadership and experience to that midfield. We are clearly lacking it at the moment.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I see. Then Lemar over him like the other poster say? Lemar is a scrub.
I saw them once recently, vs Bosnia. They played 442 with Pogba-Rabiot double pivot, Griezmann-Mbappe upfront, and Lemar-Coman wings. I don't know if they usually play like that but it's more favorable to those players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)