Houssem Aouar - M LC - Lyon (42 Viewers)

Anan M

Aug 24, 2012
I'm not here to ruin anything.. But as an Arab, I find it my obligation to reveal the magical secret of inshalla in the Arab world:cool: (however, I hope she really meant it!)
screen-shot-2018-07-11-at-2-30-28-pm-700x.png

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm not here to ruin anything.. But as an Arab, I find it my obligation to reveal the magical secret of inshalla in the Arab world:cool: (however, I hope she really meant it!)
screen-shot-2018-07-11-at-2-30-28-pm-700x.png
I dont undertsand the example:
The kid ask to go to the park and she says inshallah habibi... in other words no. Then he ask if he needs to get dressed (to go to the park), and she says inshallah again... meaning another "no"?

I got it well?

Anan M

Aug 24, 2012
I dont undertsand the example:
The kid ask to go to the park and she says inshallah habibi... in other words no. Then he ask if he needs to get dressed (to go to the park), and she says inshallah again... meaning another "no"?

I got it well?
Yes, it almost always means no, or we'll see (someday). Literally, it means "in God's will."
I'm not familiar with Algerian dialect, but in the Levant, it's a dismissal word.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes, it almost always means no, or we'll see (someday). Literally, it means "in God's will."
I'm not familiar with Algerian dialect, but in the Levant, it's a dismissal word.
In such context yes, but if someone asks you are you going with the car or bus, and you say with the car inshaAllah, I don't see how it can be understood as no. Which is what his mother implied, Juventus inshaAllah. But I'm no expert, I'm going by how it's used here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)