Houssem Aouar - M LC - Lyon (3 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yeah. No doubt Kebab Sr. was a solid player back in the day. It's not his fault he was brought in to replace Vidal - Khedira is a reliable station-wagon, but Vidal was a beast with an insane engine, a 4x4 and sports car rolled into one a la Porsche Cayenne.

- - - Updated - - -

Where the fuck is @Wittl

- - - Updated - - -

Also, @Post Ironic has been Awol :sad:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Didn't Khedira once score a hat-trick while we were at 10 men. And those 3 goals would be more than our entire midfield minus Ramsey last year?
vs udinese iirc. mandzukic was sent off, team got pissed and scored 5.

and yes, we are dearly missing khedira's contribution in the box. he's slow, sometimes painful to watch indeed, but he's a very intelligent and tactically aware player. no wonder his coaches always rated him.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
vs udinese iirc. mandzukic was sent off, team got pissed and scored 5.

and yes, we are dearly missing khedira's contribution in the box. he's slow, sometimes painful to watch indeed, but he's a very intelligent and tactically aware player. no wonder his coaches always rated him.
This is what pisses me off about players like Rabiot, who have some decent talent.

Khedira can score 9 goals in a season just by putting himself into the box. Sometimes it's intelligence but sometimes he just exerts himself to actually get into the box and see what happens.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
This is what pisses me off about players like Rabiot, who have some decent talent.

Khedira can score 9 goals in a season just by putting himself into the box. Sometimes it's intelligence but sometimes he just exerts himself to actually get into the box and see what happens.
Not everything should be stat-based, especially for a midfielder. I mean it's nice if the player is prolific, but it shouldn't be the most decisive attribute

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Just saw the video. Kid reminds me of Platini and Pirlo as regards passing. Plus he appears to be faster than them. Neither Pirlo nor Platini was famed for aerial duels.
I think I also saw him wear the captain's armband in one of the clips - impressive for a 21 yr old.

We probably need to go for this guy if we can't land Tonalli.

- - - Updated - - -

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/22/maur...o-sign-lyon-midfielder-houssem-aouar-8165503/

Interesting 2 year old news.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We should go for this guy instead of Tonali, not if we can't land Tonali. Yes, I know Tonali is Italian and we need to maintain an Italian core/our identity (JJ I'm looking at you), but Aouar is the superior player.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
The few times I've seen Aouar he's been a real gem (the assist against us was pretty good) but he really doens't strike me as the type of midfielder we have ever had. He's not physical by any means (1.75m) and not that good in the defensive phase either. I can't imagine him co-existing in a midfield with Ramsey as both have a lot of defensive flaws.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The few times I've seen Aouar he's been a real gem (the assist against us was pretty good) but he really doens't strike me as the type of midfielder we have ever had. He's not physical by any means (1.75m) and not that good in the defensive phase either. I can't imagine him co-existing in a midfield with Ramsey as both have a lot of defensive flaws.
Our midfield is defensive oriented for the most part but it got dominated by Guimaraes and Aouar when we played against Lyon.

All this to say it doesn't matter as much as one can think.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Our midfield got even dominated by likes of Kessie, Kucka and Mancosu so that doesn't say much. I like him a lot but he really doesn't strike me as a midfielder you often see in Italy.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
If a midfielder's good he succeeds everywhere. I find it funny that some view Italy as that mystical place.

Apparently the main gripe with Aouar is that he needs to be more consistent. He shows up in big games though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)