Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    :blah:

:blah:

you dont seriously think that this thing called Heitinga can really replace Stam do you?....:groan:
    Yes he can. He may not reach Stam's level entirely but he WILL come VERY close. Mark my words.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++
    The way I see it, the US has the advantage in Goal and on Defence, but the Netherlands have a slight advantage in forwards, but a HUGE advantage in the Midfield.

I say slight advantage for the forwards because Donovan really is a fantastic young player.

This match will be won or lost in the Midfield, and as much as I like Bobby Convey and Demarcus Beasley, they will certainly have their hands full.

Congrats, Ian. Wait until she can see clearly in a few weeks and realize that her Uncle was a stunt double for the "Matrix Reloaded" twins:)
    Serge, this game will be like Tyson (Holland) versus Spinks (USA)

No contest !!!!!!

Holland 4 USA 0 (unless Holland feels sorry for us, and lets us get 1 in )

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

No contest !!!!!!

Have some faith in the Red-White-and-Blues :D I think we'll do well. It's a friendly and we always play well vs. big teams in friendlies.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

i cant believe that Riezeger is still in NT .. him and Panucci are both the same (crap).. why doesnt ^Dick^ callup Klompe from heerinveen (if i'm not mistake nor sure of spelling of the team?).

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    sally the lineup doesnt matter. the dutch have a reputation of messing up even with all the vdv's and kluivert's and rvn's and seedorf's in their team.

the us players are no-name(exagerating to make a point), but this is an important chance to prove themselves. and since they dont have mega-stars their teamwork is very good, with nobody trying to showboat or anything.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #54
    True. I still don't understand why some people name us favourites for the Euro2004 title. Don't these people watch matches or something?

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #56
    Well it's true! Our defence doesn't belong at any major tournament and our offence apparently isn't all that good - seeing as they failed to get passed Italian and French defences on the pas major tournaments. Not to mention the disastrous qualification round for WC2002. I think it would be wise to wait and see what Holland will do this time around before we start bombarding the squad with all sorts of hopes and titles.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Erik i dont agree. When a team qualifies the way Holland did, it just means theyre bound to do well.

I dunno there seems to be this thing about teams that struggle in qualifying and barely make it always go on to do really well in the tournament itself.

And as for quality goes, id put the dutch right behind Italy as championship contenders. France wud be third.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #59
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Erik i dont agree. When a team qualifies the way Holland did, it just means theyre bound to do well.
    Another person who only remembers the last match against Scotland. We sucked in Moldova and Belarus, we only narrowly beat them. At home we played better against these countries but only because they imploded. We only drew against the Czechs in Rotterdam, lost horribly in Prague. We LOST in Glasgow (!) and the match in Amsterdam is the only highlight of the qualifying campaign

I dunno there seems to be this thing about teams that struggle in qualifying and barely make it always go on to do really well in the tournament itself.

And as for quality goes, id put the dutch right behind Italy as championship contenders. France wud be third.
    I rate Czech Republic higher than Holland. For above mentioned reasons. Holland has equal chances as England and Germany imo

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

No contest !!!!!!

Boy, I sure do love your optimism. :)

The US is a lot better than what they showed vs. Mexico.

That midfield scares me, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)