Hernanes (3 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
idk if it was mentioned already, but yesterday hernanes activated 1/3 of his 2m bonus. we bought him for 11m + 2m in bonuses, divided into 3x660mill euros:
- 1/3 if he plays at least 3 cl group stage matches
- 1/3 if juve advance to the quarterfinals
- an other 1/3 depending on juve's future success.

so it's basically not 11m but 11,66 as of now, and an other 0,66m if sevilla fails to beat gladbach.

bloody hell, what an expensive piece of garbage.
I've never minded 'future success' bonuses as they are often absorbed into money earned with that success, but it's always better if the individuals in question have contributed to that. Appearance bonuses are different, the ones you mention above are nothing more than a means to spread payment for the books, so that's not ideal.

Hernanes needs a run at AM before I completely give up on his usefulness, because that is what he was signed for. Against Torino he was ok, just that. His best performances have been ok. If we've signed him to be a guy who can play 2 or 3 midfield positions ok and chip in with an odd goal or assist now and then maybe I could understand it, but he was dressed up as something a little more. Having said that he has been fighting a losing battle from the start because of the failed Draxler move and all that hype over months, but that's nothing to do with Hernanes himself.

I suppose we couldn't resist the thought of resurrecting him like Pirlo, but Hernanes isn't good enough to warrant that. With Juve you get thrown in the deep end, it's not like Lazio. He's a victim of the constantly rotating systems we play but has to prove himself useful.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Hernanes definitely can't get anywhere near the AM position nowadays. I expected to be a regular/decent CM.

He had one truly great gream as a DM, against City.

All other games vary from average to very bad.

He can't contribute to the build-up, because he's predictable, slow, and moves poorly off the ball; and can't contribute to defense, because he has poor awareness, is soft and slow.

The guy is basically a black hole in the midfield.

We'll take his contract to the grave with us like we did with the likes of Iaquinta, Melo, De Ceglie, Martinez.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Hernanes needs a run at AM before I completely give up on his usefulness, because that is what he was signed for.
:tup:

...he has been fighting a losing battle from the start because of the failed Draxler move and all that hype over months, but that's nothing to do with Hernanes himself.
i'm not rating him vs the imaginary performances of draxler, i'm just seeing an off-the-pace, wasteful, old guy who's being played out of his natural position. as an am, he might be more useful - but we need a solid 3-man midfield behind him.

btw i never believed draxler would arrive eventually, and i highly doubt he could have been the cure to our worries. we rather need 2 passers (or at least one and a healthy khedira/asamoah) to the midfield before anything else.

He's a victim of the constantly rotating systems we play but has to prove himself useful.
he never was the kind of player we were looking for, so first of all he's the victim of a bad mercato decision made by marotta, but yeah, it's obviously hard for him to fit in.

- - - Updated - - -

he had 6 (six) passes in the first 35 minutes, in the heart of our midfield. that's as poor as it gets.

but after that, he raised his game and finished the match with 3 key passes. based on his performance from 35 minutes until his red card, i'm not writing him off totally.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hernanes definitely can't get anywhere near the AM position nowadays. I expected to be a regular/decent CM.

He had one truly great gream as a DM, against City.

All other games vary from average to very bad.

He can't contribute to the build-up, because he's predictable, slow, and moves poorly off the ball; and can't contribute to defense, because he has poor awareness, is soft and slow.

We'll take his contract to the grave with us like we did with the likes of Iaquinta, Melo, De Ceglie, Martinez.
I keep thinking of AM because of his Lazio role, his shooting off both feet, and the less damage his lack of speed causes there. But if he's uninvolved and slow around the AM position then it also kills our attack and does more damage. Really when you consider the type of players Dybala and Morata are he should be linking better with them.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He played at the same level he was doing last two years... Beppe bought Hernanes-lazio-best years and we got what he was last two years, It's not a surprise his current level

He's a last 10 minutes sub when we are trying very hard to score and he might can kick some good ball, no more than that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)