Henry, Zidane & Ronaldo Nominated For Top Award (2 Viewers)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Real Madrid duo Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane and Arsenal's Thierry Henry have been nominated for the World Player of the Year award, FIFA have announced.

The nominations are likely to be highly disputed by football supporters across the World, especially by the failure to nominate Juventus' Pavel Nedved.

This is the first time Henry has been nominated for the award, but both Zidane and Ronaldo are past winners.

In fact the duo have won the award in five of the last seven seasons, with Ronaldo winning the award for a record third time last season.

The award will be handed out at the World Player Gala in Basle on December 15 after votes have been counted from over 140 national coaches.
----

Oh my God, why not Nedved?
Son of a ***** UEFA Neddy was(is) super. He earns golden ball award!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Guys we have to do something, this is not fair. We send emails (bomb mails) to FIFA because this is not possible!

I cannot take this any more :(

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Henry is the best i told you that he is better than giggs.but some of you didnt agree with me but of course after he shaterred the Inter defence yesterday what do you expect.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    ok, Henry I can agree with that....
    Zidane.... ok, he may deserve it
    but RONALDO!!!????? WHY!!!???
    I say, it should be Nedved, Henry and Zidane!!! :mad:

Sep 28, 2002
    from those 3 he's the only worthy to be on that list.

but where's buffon, nedved, maldini

im so ****ing pissed of now. **** you ****ing lenhard lohansson

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I say the 3 that should be nominated are Nedved,Zizou,and of course without mentioning it HENRY!!!!!:greedy:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    nedved maldini buffon. what did arsenal achieved that henry should be nominated for?
    excuse me one question?but lets think if we Henry leaves Arsenal and Arsenal can buy any player in the world who do you think can play the role that Henry plays?Zizou cant Nedved cant Ronaldo cant you know its hard for someone to be a playmaker and a goalscorer in the same time?and in the mean time no one in the whole world is:stuckup:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    That news is disraceful.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the **** did Ronaldo get on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How the **** did Ronaldo get on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How the **** did Ronaldo get on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How the **** did Ronaldo get on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How the **** did Ronaldo get on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How the **** did Ronaldo get on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How the **** did Ronaldo get on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How the **** did Ronaldo get on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    excuse me one question?but lets think if we Henry leaves Arsenal and Arsenal can buy any player in the world who do you think can play the role that Henry plays?Zizou cant Nedved cant Ronaldo cant you know its hard for someone to be a playmaker and a goalscorer in the same time?and in the mean time no one in the whole world is:stuckup:

im npt arguing with that. yet he is not the best player in the world

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    i dont think that the fifa award should count because its just pure shit. ever year someone from madrid has to be on the list.

Hasuni Boi

Sep 19, 2003
    I agree on that Henry is a great player, most defenitly top 3 in the world right now.....But i thought that Fifa Player Of The Year wasn't about beeing a great player, i thought it was about player's that have been great in Winning teams.....Player's that have been really great in sides that won competitions like CL or WC.....If not winning atleast beeing fundamentel in their team's reaching a long way in these tournament's.....Wasn't that the reazon that they gave it to Ronaldo 2002...?...Wasn't it because he made 8 important goals on Brazil's way to victory

If that was the reazon i shore don't understand what Henry is doing amongst those player's, Arsenal hasn't won a sh*t this season....On the other hand he has been playing 10 times better then Zidande and Ronaldo togheter....So in one way he deserves to be one of those three, in another he doesn't....

I can understand what Zidane is doing amongst those three, though i think many player's have been better then him, but he was fundamental in Real's League winning and reaching the CL semi's....But what i can't understand is what the heck is Ronaldo doing there....I mean he has scored a couple of goal's, but so have RVN and Maakay...In RVN's case they won the league aswel....Ronaldo havn't been any better then any of those....

In my opinion the three to be nominated is Nedved and Maldini, ofcourse, and i Henry has been playing so good that im willing to overlook that he hasn't won anything...I would have picked Buffon instead if Henry, but then i realized that kahn didn't get it last year, and therefore Gigi shouldn't get it this year.....In Nedved and Maldini's case's i think it's no doubt about them beeing nominated, after all their the two absolutly best player's in last year's two best team's...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)