Henrikh Mkhitaryan - AM RLC - Borussia Dortmund (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Devils advocate here:

1.) is this guy even performing well enough this season to even help Dortmund? Can they possibly do without?
2.) giving him to us will only help us domestically and has nothing to do with making us stronger for CL since he wouldn't be able to play with us. So, do Dortmund consider themselves getting weaker by letting go of an underperforming player?

- - - Updated - - -

@Aush @zizinho

- - - Updated - - -

And another :D

This is what I said weeks ago.

Why would Dortmund sell him to Juve in January, unless they feel that it is actually addition by subtraction. Why would they weaken themselves in the Champions League by selling a player whom, according to a lot of people on this board, would be an extremely welcome addition to Juve.

It doesn't add up, it doesn't make sense. Unless they feel they lose nothing in the process if they sell him, irrespective of to whom they may be selling him to.

And that opens up a whole other can of worms.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
A question to those who watch him more than I do: do you consider him an intelligent or rather a dumb player? I know he works hard and has decent technique and passing but I would lie if I said I saw him enough to answer the question.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is what I said weeks ago.

Why would Dortmund sell him to Juve in January, unless they feel that it is actually addition by subtraction. Why would they weaken themselves in the Champions League by selling a player whom, according to a lot of people on this board, would be an extremely welcome addition to Juve.

It doesn't add up, it doesn't make sense. Unless they feel they lose nothing in the process if they sell him, irrespective of to whom they may be selling him to.

And that opens up a whole other can of worms.
Apologies, I probably missed the post. I get what you are saying. As excited as we all seem to be, there certainly seems to be something that isn't adding up. The question on everyone's mind in regards to Dortmund would be: Why?

CL aside, he won't be able to participate for us so we can rule that out against the two legged affair with have with them next month. My question is: Is he really that bad that they are willing to let him go in the middle of a dire season when they have it all to lose? Maybe he has expressed the pressure is too great there but then again it wouldn't be any less here?

I can't figure it out. It certainly doesn't look good on the player's part that such an important club is willing to let him go with all circumstances considered. And here we all are jumping to rings of fire hoping to sign him but as we both agree, something seems off for sure.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
A question to those who watch him more than I do: do you consider him an intelligent or rather a dumb player? I know he works hard and has decent technique and passing but I would lie if I said I saw him enough to answer the question.
From what I gather he has it all aside from poor finishing this season: Pace, fearless in surging forward with the ball and taking defenders on, good vision/passing and tireless.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess his end product on all fronts is lacking this season? :boh:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Makes intelligent runs and typically a good passer, has better vision than our players bar Pirlo imo
From what I gather he has it all aside from poor finishing this season: Pace, fearless in surging forward with the ball and taking defenders on, good vision/passing and tireless.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess his end product on all fronts is lacking this season? :boh:
Cheers. Tbh I would pass on AMs of any kind and would go after a winger. I'm not convinced with the 4312 and 433 could easily be our answer to Pirlo and Tevez leaving (having in mind Berardi and Coman or at least one could turn out to be good enough).

I really like Jovetic but I think I would pass on him due to his legs made of glass. Miki guy seems like a better fit but I'm still not sure.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Cheers. Tbh I would pass on AMs of any kind and would go after a winger. I'm not convinced with the 4312 and 433 could easily be our answer to Pirlo and Tevez leaving (having in mind Berardi and Coman or at least one could turn out to be good enough).

I really like Jovetic but I think I would pass on him due to his legs made of glass. Miki guy seems like a better fit but I'm still not sure.
I think we are holding off on a winger when we have Berardi coming back (hopefully) and Coman developing. The only reason why I think we are after this guy is because Marotta caught scent of another steal with the form Dortmund has. Not sure of any other reason why this deal would make sense. Perhaps because Vidal & Pereyra have no business playing behind the strikers but have to out of necessity?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think we are holding off on a winger when we have Berardi coming back (hopefully) and Coman developing. The only reason why I think we are after this guy is because Marotta caught scent of another steal with the form Dortmund has. Not sure of any other reason why this deal would make sense. Perhaps because Vidal & Pereyra have no business playing behind the strikers but have to out of necessity?
Yeah but it doesn't make sense neither. Berardi is coming back this Summer so adding a LWF or putting Tevez/Morata there with Berardi as RWF makes Miki's transfer unnecessary.

I guess Allegri wants to play 4312 as long as Tevez and Pirlo are here and that's why he wants Mkhitaryan. I also think Allegri doesn't recognize Berardi as ready for starting role and when it comes to Coman it's obvious so both will be nothing more than rotation players next season looking at it realistically. If they (or at least one) make a breakthrough they could be considered as starters in 2016 since we'll need replacements and maybe even a change of formation.

I'm not against Mkhitaryan as player but more the fact we're sticking to 4312. On the other hand it's understandable Allegri and management would want to go that way since it'll be easier to get Mkhitaryan than two wingers. Hopefully we'll see a transformation into a winger based formation pretty soon though (2016?).

Talent wise I think I'd pick Jovetic but he's made of glass so overall Miki would be better I guess.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Ah you're one of those people who get all hyped up when we trash a shit pub team that's idea of pressing us is having 50 year old Luca Toni stumble towards our CBs once every 20 minutes.

Yeah never mind, we're actually the kings of play making. Only the elite teams can do the sort of damage we do in the final 3rd. Our 2 chances against Atletico home & away proved this. I guess Allegri and Beppe are stupid in declaring our interest for a playmaker. After all we have Vidal & Pereyra just waiting to tear teams apart with their World class incisive passing.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah because that's what I said :lol:

I want us to sign him and stop being so fucking cheap about it because he's a very talented player, instead of making 2M loan offers and being absolute laughing stocks in the transfer market.

Then again, i'm talking to the guy who thinks Mkhi would be a good signing because 'he can play on the wing if needed' when he's had a piss poor, pathetic time playing out of his natural position this season for Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)