Hello fellas... (1 Viewer)

OP
Fatgigi

Fatgigi

Sep 20, 2008
  • Thread Starter #26
    Thankyou all for the warm welcomes, apart from Noaas ark's welcome which quite frankly could use some improving...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Look, Andries was absolutely correct when he made a thread castigating people who sign up for a forum and created a "welcome me" thread. They always turn out to be useless members. I'm not saying this because I have a problem with people, but rather because every single poster who makes these threads turn out to be useless posters who don't add anything. Take a look in the past two years and see who made such threads... 99% are useless members.

Just stating the obvious here. So it's up to this poster to prove me wrong, but he won't.

OP
    Fatgigi

Fatgigi

Sep 20, 2008
  • Thread Starter #33
    Look, Andries was absolutely correct when he made a thread castigating people who sign up for a forum and created a "welcome me" thread. They always turn out to be useless members. I'm not saying this because I have a problem with people, but rather because every single poster who makes these threads turn out to be useless posters who don't add anything. Take a look in the past two years and see who made such threads... 99% are useless members.

Just stating the obvious here. So it's up to this poster to prove me wrong, but he won't.
    I dont have to prove anything to you and my thread was to greet, not necessarily to be greeted . Read before you make outbursts like that, trying to make me look like spammer or as a useless thread. It has a use and it is in the appropriate section. Your replies however have no constructive use. They are only there to provoke. And im not gonna bother to write anymore to justify my post and "prove you wrong" dear "NOAAs ark. You have made yourseld look rude, obnoxious, and just pretty sad due to the amout of times you wanted to make it clear that i was not welcome. 4 posts! one was enough surely.

What a nice "community" we have here indeed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    What a nice "community" we have here indeed.
    So you're grouping everybody with me? Very sad, sad way to "introduce" yourself. Very poor way to make yourself known here.

I want quality in this place. Like I said, I'm not doing this to be an asshole. I'm making it known that 99% of the folks who make "welcome me" threads here turn out to be rubbish posters. What I'm trying to do is hedge against piss poor posters by making new guys show their worth on the spot. You're much like one of the losels in the US economy... the less hedging you do, the less valuable you are to the forum and the less gravity your posts hold.

So what I say is this: make decent, solid posts, and then you'll receive a better welcome than this one. I guarantee you this - it will be worth all of our time.

No hard feelings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)