Heinze (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2006
unfortunatly there are quite a few that think that everyone should think like them, and if they dont, they get in a rant about it. theres a fine line between sheer ignorance and not being able to accept what others say because they cant face a modest opinion, but still if everyone thought like each other, the ideas of a forum would just be dull
So.....:eyebrows: is this directed to me or what?

Sep 19, 2006
:D Yeah, I didn't really understand what that was about. Not only George Weah has been amazing for them, but also Youri Djorkaeff and David Ginola. I know Djorkaeff only played one year with Paris Saint-Germain but he scored 17 goals in 43 appearances, something pretty damn good for his type of midfielder. And then what about Frédéric Déhu? Heinze was great for them for sure, but I don't know about that poll.

Weah is easily the greatest African footballer of all time. I think he won the FIFA World Player of the Year Award during his last season for PSG, if I remember correctly.

QUOTE]

I'll have to disagrre here,I think that Roger Mila was the best african ever & Weah comes in 2nd,Weah was of course better in European Fottball but Roger performence in the world cup was smthing else!! & what about Ronnie in Psg he was their favourite player for smthing like 3 years & Le Roi,I cant believe they chose Heinze really strange though I really admire him!!

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Speculation, for now, is as far as anyone can go re/Heinze joining Juve! Goal.com tells us his lawyers are starting legal action against Man.Utd to get him out of his contract. I'm no expert on the length of time these matters take, but it's a good bet it could drag on past the end of August (transfer market deadline) which means a January move if at all, & then there's the no small matter of Rafa Benitez upping the Liverpool offer for him! So, as we'll very probably need a quick replacement for Chiellini, how realistic an idea is it, seeing Heinze at Juventus?

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Well,mr.DivinCodino i don't know who you are but we don't need to have the same opinions.However,u still have to respect my opinion as i respect yours.You don't know me so u can't call me naive or stupid.Moreover my opinion is not crap as u mentioned.I've been watching football since 1996 the time we won C.L. and guess what...I'm only 17 years old.As for Heinze,check my post 2-3 days ago.I was asking what's his natural position,CB or LB.The answear was;he can play both but his best position is CB.Check yourself if u don't believe me.Heinze is from Argentina(foreigner) while Criscito plays in the same position with Heinze,comes from the big Italian academy in defence and is much more younger.He is a hot prospect and our future in defence together with Molinaro and Chiellini.That's my opinion,show some respect.Alright?Cause i never called u naive or stupid...U made that mistake...
you used the words opinion when you were clearly trying to tell us all through judging from certain facts. If i dont call that naive then i obviously have no idea what to call you. Heinze played as a leftback his whole life. Had some games playing in the center and all the sudden he is a centerback? The guy who answered you about his best position being a centerback must have been a joke. I'm sorry you were lied to. It's different from the case of Lilian Thuram. He's old, he doesnt have the pace he used to have but he's obviously best playing as a right fullback. But now his experience makes him a good centerback. Heinze was great to watch when he was playing on the left. He sucked so bad in the center that most of you guys are screwing him up and he's a centerback? I'm not trying to offend you or anything but try not to say anything if you're unsure about cause you might just end up being wrong. This is not about opinions

unfortunatly there are quite a few that think that everyone should think like them, and if they dont, they get in a rant about it. theres a fine line between sheer ignorance and not being able to accept what others say because they cant face a modest opinion, but still if everyone thought like each other, the ideas of a forum would just be dull
If thats what you think, then basically the entire forum is filled with rantings. I don't know who is the one actually being ignorant here. Everyone is entitled to their say about Gabriel Heinze, Chielini etc. But being ignorant is about saying Heinze sucks while Criscito rocks. Some of you are obviously extremely bias towards Juventus players. True, most of them is going to be great hopefully but they aint there yet. Isn't it a little too early for us to be overrating them? There were many cases of such. Young prodigys ending up being absolutely nothing at all in the future. Many of us hardcore fans have been through those shit alot. The most recent concerned Maresca for your information. Just a small advise, don't put your expectations to high.....

:D Yeah, I didn't really understand what that was about. Not only George Weah has been amazing for them, but also Youri Djorkaeff and David Ginola. I know Djorkaeff only played one year with Paris Saint-Germain but he scored 17 goals in 43 appearances, something pretty damn good for his type of midfielder. And then what about Frédéric Déhu? Heinze was great for them for sure, but I don't know about that poll.
Well I just checked, Heinze actually won the best ever defense player in the history of PSG. Perhaps he did deserve that

David01

Aug 20, 2006
You all talk about a choice between Chiellini or Heinze and it looks like it is going that way but why not have them both?
At the moment I rate Heinze higher, he has had a couple of excellent seasons with top teams allthough his last one was ruined by injuries, still would be an excellent acquisition.
Chiellini on the other hand is young , italian and has talent but one good season in B doesn't make him irreplaceble.
They both can play on the left or in the centre of our defence.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
You all talk about a choice between Chiellini or Heinze and it looks like it is going that way but why not have them both?
At the moment I rate Heinze higher, he has had a couple of excellent seasons with top teams allthough his last one was ruined by injuries, still would be an excellent acquisition.
Chiellini on the other hand is young , italian and has talent but one good season in B doesn't make him irreplaceble.
They both can play on the left or in the centre of our defence.
Yeah,but do u think its a possibility to keep both of them..?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Monday, August 6 promises to be D-day in the Manchester United career of Gabriel Heinze.

The Argentina defender has taken the extraordinary step of seeking legal advice to see whether he has grounds for pursuing a complaint against his club over their refusal to sell him to Liverpool.

Heinze's action is staggering and will almost certainly signal the death knell on his time at Old Trafford.

Yet Sir Alex Ferguson has made it perfectly clear not only does he believe United have right on their side, he expects Heinze to honour his contract and turn up for training as planned.

"He is due back in training on August 6, which gives him three clear weeks' rest after the Copa America. And we expect him back," said the United boss.

The deadline effectively gives Heinze's lawyers a week to find out if the former Paris St Germain defender has a case, which revolves around whether a letter, signed by chief executive David Gill, confirming the figure United would be prepared to sell Heinze for, overrides the player's contract, which still has two years to run.

Gill claims he informed Heinze's agent verbally, prior to Liverpool revealing their interest, that United would not be prepared to sell him to any of their three major domestic rivals - a discussion which is thought was recorded and could, therefore, in theory, be used as part of any defence the Red Devils may wish to put forward in court.

Heinze has been the subject of interest from overseas, with Real Madrid and Inter Milan among the clubs to express an interest.

But the huge Spanish-speaking influence at Liverpool, plus an opportunity to remain in the north-west, appears to have an irresistible lure for the player.

And, after pinning much of the blame for the present situation on Heinze's agents, Ferguson must now accept the defender is also a prime mover.

"We are aware Gaby is taking legal advice," confirmed the United boss.

"That is good. I hope it is good advice because we are confident of our position."

At least Ferguson had other, more positive thoughts to occupy his mind as United headed back to England after a successful two-week trip to the Far East.

His £17million summer purchase from Sporting Lisbon, Nani, must be a source of considerable satisfaction.

The brilliant chip he produced in the 3-0 win over Shangzhou Pharmaceuticals was one of the highlights of the entire trip.

Having heeded Ferguson's advice to cut out the elaborate back-flip goal celebrations, Nani is clearly a quick learner.

And provided he soaks up a few lessons over the next fortnight, the 19-year-old could be an influential figure in United's pursuit of glory this term.

"We are trying to give him the football, mixed with a training programme that gets him up to our level," said Ferguson.

"He is nowhere near that at the moment. But there are good signs. Some of his skill and speed at times is quite impressive.

"Scoring two goals in two games is a good start but I do think you will see a different player in two weeks' time."

Wayne Rooney and Lee Martin were also on target but there was no goal on home soil for Dong Fangzhou, while Alan Smith did not make much impression either.

With United remaining confident Carlos Tevez will arrive before the August 31 transfer deadline, it is difficult to see Smith hanging around much longer as he falls further down the pecking order, and it appears just a question of time before he moves on.

eurosport.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Argentines are quality players, who cares that inter have so many. if somebody is good enough to play for Juve and i think Heinze is, then sign him no matter what nationality he is!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
One argentinian aint gonna do no harm, lets not forget afterall we have had the great legend omar sivori play for us and he was an argentinian.

Anyway im ok with the heinze chiellini deal, but the criscito move is ridicolous. I hope its just rumours and nothing more, it seems we are reaching an all foreign defense. I really dont think we have ever had an all foreign defense and if we aint gonna give chance to the youngsters now, then we may as well scrap our primavera. :wallbang:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
one sentences: no more argentian anymore pls.. we are not interesti..
cut out the ridiculous comments, if its good for the team then thats all the matters, we only have 2 bloody argies its not like were turning into inter. And chiellini is being unprofessional with his comments, and if the axe falls on criscito its because he isnt good enough right now.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
cut out the ridiculous comments, if its good for the team then thats all the matters, we only have 2 bloody argies its not like were turning into inter. And chiellini is being unprofessional with his comments, and if the axe falls on criscito its because he isnt good enough right now.
Only one yet with almiron. I think your mixed it up with uruguyans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)