Heinze (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
you not going to brand him as world class though are you, because that is an overstatement
He's not world class, no, but he's not average either. That's quite an understatement. Heinze is a very good player that would help our defense quite a lot, and I don't have a clue why people think he's average... probably just because they only payed attention to him during the Milan matches.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I don't agree that Grygera is better than Chiellini and I'm not sure if he's better than Zebina either, we just have to wait and see. Serie A is of course tougher than playing in Holland and Grygera will have to adapt. Moreover, the Dutch members of this forum are not convinced of Grygera, so that sort of makes me wonder.

What is with all this "average" talk regarding Heinze? For fucks sake, a player who was voted Paris Saint German's greatest player EVER and voted Manure's player of the SEASON one year is not average. No way, Jose. And besides, anybody reasonable will tell you that Heinze along with Andrade would be our best two defenders at the moment.
I know PSG fan with those anti-semitic violence wasnt the cleverest in the world, but surely they werent THAT stupid.

Did they forget George Weah played for them 12 years ago?

:rofl:

What a way to start my day Heinze better than Weah. I am already having a good laugh.:D :pint:

BTW, I agree with you Andy (as most of the time, bar Barzagli of course). Heinze isnt average at all. I mean if Peckerman thought Javier Zanetti and Walter Samuel werent worth the spot in WC, and yet pick Heinze who hardly played a game in EPL that year, well, (1) Peckerman made a shit choice but (2) Gabriel is one heck of player.

I love Heinze. He is your typical defender. Rugged, hard working, physical, I think he will be a great example to many Juve youngsters including Criscito, Chiellini.

But if the rumor is true that Chiellini is moving to MAN FREAKING CITY and we are getting Chiellini. You know, I say fuck Ranieri. The man lost me already. I like Heinze, but I honestly believe Chiellini will be better player than him in a matter of time, may be next summer if quick.

OP
Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #523
    He's not world class, no, but he's not average either. That's quite an understatement. Heinze is a very good player that would help our defense quite a lot, and I don't have a clue why people think he's average... probably just because they only payed attention to him during the Milan matches.
    well i must admit i too was unimpressed by his performance against milan which has made me think twice if he can actually cut it in italy, but that is not to say that i think hes useless, just a bit more cautious as to the risks, however before i had always praised his performances at cb leading up to the wc, but with that said id sooner take a risk on criscito, since we all moan about how we arnt giving the kids a chance, but we want more proven players aswell.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    They probably think he is average because that is what he has been for a lot of the time he was at Man U. This is not because he is an average player, rather because he has been unfit for a lot of the time, such as the games against Milan. This means people may only have seen him playing at 60-70% of his ability.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    People think he's average because he has fucked up at important moments in the past. I always thought he was a good player, but I'm starting to have my doubts as well to be frank.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    well i must admit i too was unimpressed by his performance against milan which has made me think twice if he can actually cut it in italy, but that is not to say that i think hes useless, just a bit more cautious as to the risks, however before i had always praised his performances at cb leading up to the wc, but with that said id sooner take a risk on criscito, since we all moan about how we arnt giving the kids a chance, but we want more proven players aswell.
    Kaka makes many defenders look ordinary.

99% Serie A defenders looks crap against Kaka anyway. Anyway, whilst I like what I read on Criscito from Sateeh and Mark, I do not want him to START in what form what so ever at the start of season. Criscito has to earn his position. Andreolli hasnt impressed me at all in this years Euro, and Criscito couldnt beat him out to starting spot. The kid got a lot to learn still.

OP
    Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #528

99% Serie A defenders looks crap against Kaka anyway. Anyway, whilst I like what I read on Criscito from Sateeh and Mark, I do not want him to START in what form what so ever at the start of season. Criscito has to earn his position. Andreolli hasnt impressed me at all in this years Euro, and Criscito couldnt beat him out to starting spot. The kid got a lot to learn still.
    criscito did get a starting spot at the euro he was the starting left back.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    criscito did get a starting spot at the euro he was the starting left back.
    Starting left back was Chiellini from what I remember. I saw the video and Cashiraghi had to make change because (1) Andreolli cant run - I am telling you I can honestly beat him in a 100m race and I am being dead serious here, and (2) Chievo leftback isnt really a CB at all. Hence, Cashiraghi used his intelligence to switch Chiellini to center to counter forward's face, and used Criscito as LB. Criscito cant cross from what I have seen. He is probably better off playing CB.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    I think many people overrate Chiellini as a player as well. He hasnt impressed at juve at all...his season in serie A wasnt that great and last season he looked better than the others, but thats not hard considering we had the worlds worst group of defenders.

Heinze is the better player at this stage, and to his defense, he hasnt been fully fit in those major games. However, my concern is that we need two positions filled in defence, left back and centre back...no one really knows where chiellini would be playing.

As for Criscito, he should be nurtured into the back role...i would rather see Molinaro at left back if need be.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    to be honest i dont understand why liverpool want him? ofcourse the value of riise can be questionable, but it isnt as he has struggled. and liverpool have a decent central def selection as well.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
    Chiellini is not irreplacible, but I like to carry with us!

We have Molinaro, Grygera & Criscito who can all play as a left back. I wouldn't play Chiellini as a CB... If it comes to full backs, I would play Grygera as RB & Giorgio LB, with Zebina as RB sub, and Molinaro as LB sub. Further more Jorge as CB, one new CB (my wishes our out of reach for now, unless we sell Giorgio so I'll let board to the chase anyway...), Criscito as CB sub.

Thats it, for the defence

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Who would you rate the highest?
    Meira, Heinze, or Senderos?
    and how good is Heinze compared to Barzagli (the same question applies to Meira as well)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I know PSG fan with those anti-semitic violence wasnt the cleverest in the world, but surely they werent THAT stupid.

Did they forget George Weah played for them 12 years ago?

:rofl:

What a way to start my day Heinze better than Weah. I am already having a good laugh.:D :pint:
    :D Yeah, I didn't really understand what that was about. Not only George Weah has been amazing for them, but also Youri Djorkaeff and David Ginola. I know Djorkaeff only played one year with Paris Saint-Germain but he scored 17 goals in 43 appearances, something pretty damn good for his type of midfielder. And then what about Frédéric Déhu? Heinze was great for them for sure, but I don't know about that poll.

Weah is easily the greatest African footballer of all time. I think he won the FIFA World Player of the Year Award during his last season for PSG, if I remember correctly.

BTW, I agree with you Andy (as most of the time, bar Barzagli of course). Heinze isnt average at all. I mean if Peckerman thought Javier Zanetti and Walter Samuel werent worth the spot in WC, and yet pick Heinze who hardly played a game in EPL that year, well, (1) Peckerman made a shit choice but (2) Gabriel is one heck of player.

I love Heinze. He is your typical defender. Rugged, hard working, physical, I think he will be a great example to many Juve youngsters including Criscito, Chiellini.

But if the rumor is true that Chiellini is moving to MAN FREAKING CITY and we are getting Chiellini. You know, I say fuck Ranieri. The man lost me already. I like Heinze, but I honestly believe Chiellini will be better player than him in a matter of time, may be next summer if quick.
    I think Chiellini and Heinze are very similar defenders, and I also believe Giorgio could be better than the Argentinian if we give him time. Like I've said before, there is no reason to give away Chiellini even in spite of his supposed recent outburst. We need good young Italians on our side and Chiellini is one of the most promising of the lot. He really blows Barzagli out of the water, by the way. ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Andreolli looked absolutely horrid in the recent U-21's, while Criscito looked decent at left-back for the Azzurrini. I don't think he's a left-back and Casiraghi probably used him because he had no other options, but I guarantee you Criscito blows Andreolli out of the water. he certainly deserves a place on the team and deserves some playing time against inferior opponenets.

And Kaka makes every defender look average indeed. Unfortunately some people here are too biased to give him any credit.

zann

SG Juventino!
    May 30, 2004
    well i think chiellini is really moving to Man City and Criscito is moving to Genoa on loan.

Ranieri, you lost another fan. who's going to play CB now? BOUMSONG!?

ItaBomber

Feb 23, 2007
    Chiellini is an' italian! And Juve have often much Italian in their starting Team!

zeb/biri/Gryg-Andrade-Boum/Chiellini/Senderos/Criscito/Gryg-Chiellini/Molinaro/Heiz

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)