Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #504
    everyone is entitled to their own opinions, if somebody thinks a player is world class, well then that is what he thinks, somebody else could have a different opinion. that is just the world of football
    i dont mind ppl rating players being good or bad, but world class is just a title everyone uses to brand their favourite players or players they see 4 mins of on youtube, its a tarnished title used by the ignorant and its a title which has no real definition as to what you have to be or do to be world class. what justification in this scenario has heinze done to earn 'world class' like i said stillian petrov said today that reo coker is a world class player, and im sure many will agree hes anything but that.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    i dont mind ppl rating players being good or bad, but world class is just a title everyone uses to brand their favourite players or players they see 4 mins of on youtube, its a tarnished title used by the ignorant and its a title which has no real definition as to what you have to be or do to be world class. what justification in this scenario has heinze done to earn 'world class' like i said stillian petrov said today that reo coker is a world class player, and im sure many will agree hes anything but that.
    everybody here has it's own opinion at least that is what I hope, we can argue for weeks over this or that player but fact is a lot depends on the player's state of mind. How does he feel, what is his goal and where does he feel at home. We get a glimps of that only very seldom. What is the difference between Heinze and Chiellini? The differences are very small at this level only we know for sure Chiellini has potential. He didn't make any friends with his outburst.
    Point is that at this level there are only small differences between players, we also have to consider the psychological aspect.
    Chiellini plays for Juve, Heinze for ManU, you really think any of them is crap?

OP
    Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #506
    everybody here has it's own opinion at least that is what I hope, we can argue for weeks over this or that player but fact is a lot depends on the player's state of mind. How does he feel, what is his goal and where does he feel at home. We get a glimps of that only very seldom. What is the difference between Heinze and Chiellini? The differences are very small at this level only we know for sure Chiellini has potential. He didn't make any friends with his outburst.
    Point is that at this level there are only small differences between players, we also have to consider the psychological aspect.
    Chiellini plays for Juve, Heinze for ManU, you really think any of them is crap?
    again like i said yes the usage of words like 'good' 'excellent' 'consistant' etc... are clearer to use if justified, but 'world class' theres no justification as to what it means, is chimenti world class? (well i like to think he is eventhough modestly speaking hes not) is ronaldinho world class? is heinze in this case world class? is any player truely world class? what do you have to do or be to be 'world class' some say its consistency and adaptability to play in other leagues, others say its the ability to shoot from 40 yrds on target, so in this case heinze is not world class, he maybe good but nothing certainly justifies him to being a world class player if any player in the world truely is

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    again like i said yes the usage of words like 'good' 'excellent' 'consistant' etc... are clearer to use if justified, but 'world class' theres no justification as to what it means, is chimenti world class? (well i like to think he is eventhough modestly speaking hes not) is ronaldinho world class? is heinze in this case world class? is any player truely world class? what do you have to do or be to be 'world class' some say its consistency and adaptability to play in other leagues, others say its the ability to shoot from 40 yrds on target, so in this case heinze is not world class, he maybe good but nothing certainly justifies him to being a world class player if any player in the world truely is
    that is all true but I'm just saying there are very small differences between players nowadays at the highest level. Players of Juve are not so different from players of ManU. They all have different character and some may excell at dribbling others at heading the ball but this changes. One day we will be better the other day they will beat us. This is because of fitness and psychology. Who is more determined to win?
    The problem is that this is not consistent, players change during the course of their career thus so do teams. I think talking about world class is tricky, a player can be very good one season and suck the next. World class is in a way consistency during his career. I wouldn't call a 20 year old world class, he can be very good but world class is a term I would call a guy who has won trophies and was outstanding over several years.

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
    Mar 5, 2006
    Many of you guys are freaking naive. And those people who said that Heinze sucks are pure stupid. Especially I recalled someone saying Criscito is way better than Heinze and some shit about Heinze's best position is CB. I suggest that person should learn to watch football. Seriously I understand why some people would defend Heinze but I dont understand what's with all the critisism about Gabriel. You may not want him in Juventus but saying that he's useless and wont benefit Juventus is pure crap. Yeah he got injured the entire season of 05-06 but did you guys realise how much his absense was missed by United? Even when Richardson, O' Shea and Evra didnt quite live up to the performance Heinze did during his 1st season until Silvestre gave United back some stability at the end of that season. When he came back, he was shoved to the center as United had some serious defensive injury crisis and yeah, he ain't good playing central so what? We want him to play on the left! But anyways he was partnering with Wes Brown so he obviously sucked. If I recalled correctly, Heinze was even made captain before during their league clash with Chelsea. I supposed that should make some credit for him. He was a great leader generally. He won the fan's Player of the Year award in United kicking Rooney and Ronaldo's ass to it. Unusually rare for a player to be voted in the first season in the club,even more so as a defender. 1st South American to do so. Yeah it might not be the greatest award ever but you gotta admit he had exemplary attitude and a fierce determination, marking good qualities for a defender. I dont see anything wrong about this guy. He scores goal, he sets players up and he defend acceptably well. And he's available for cheap. He was also voted by the PSG fans as best defence player in the history of Paris Saint-Germain. He should mean something. Now I'm not the biggest fan of Heinze nor do I think that Juve should REALLY buy him because I think we would do just fine defensively with or without him. Which also i seriously doubt that the deal we are having with him will really turn out but it's just that I couldnt stand these guys talking shit about a proper defender. All the screwing are just unjustified thus ignoring the facts. Given the time, Heinze can be more consistent than Chielini and he has proven that before elsewhere

Apr 19, 2007
    I think Hienze is good and could be used. But for Juve we dont need him right now. We need a cb. If were going to get someone new then why slide Chelini to the middle??? His best position is lb IMO. It has nothing to do with how good he is but the fact that he isnt needed and he wouldnt be better for juve than chelini. Chelini by the end of the season will be a rock in the back and will go right past Hienze in terms of overall ability.

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
    Mar 5, 2006
    I think Hienze is good and could be used. But for Juve we dont need him right now. We need a cb. If were going to get someone new then why slide Chelini to the middle??? His best position is lb IMO. It has nothing to do with how good he is but the fact that he isnt needed and he wouldnt be better for juve than chelini. Chelini by the end of the season will be a rock in the back and will go right past Hienze in terms of overall ability.
    I'm sure he would but provided Ranieri uses him well enough. I would be more than happy to see our current defensive line playing without anymore additions to the squad. But in defense we always gotta observe that experience do means hell alot. Lets hope Chielini does his homework and miracles happen in the terms of Criscito and Molinaro. Not forgetting our Nocerino prodigy :pint:

OP
    Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #515
    I am not sure but becoz u post too much crap here,I started to think that a lot of people here posts crap but it is mainly U!!
    so what do you call the post you just posted? because what i post may not be to your liking doesnt make it 'crap' afterall its not me that posted so much crap that your rep level was in the red till you took it off ;)

i rest my case.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
    Well,mr.DivinCodino i don't know who you are but we don't need to have the same opinions.However,u still have to respect my opinion as i respect yours.You don't know me so u can't call me naive or stupid.Moreover my opinion is not crap as u mentioned.I've been watching football since 1996 the time we won C.L. and guess what...I'm only 17 years old.As for Heinze,check my post 2-3 days ago.I was asking what's his natural position,CB or LB.The answear was;he can play both but his best position is CB.Check yourself if u don't believe me.Heinze is from Argentina(foreigner) while Criscito plays in the same position with Heinze,comes from the big Italian academy in defence and is much more younger.He is a hot prospect and our future in defence together with Molinaro and Chiellini.That's my opinion,show some respect.Alright?Cause i never called u naive or stupid...U made that mistake...

Sep 19, 2006
    Well,mr.DivinCodino i don't know who you are but we don't need to have the same opinions.However,u still have to respect my opinion as i respect yours.You don't know me so u can't call me naive or stupid.Moreover my opinion is not crap as u mentioned.I've been watching football since 1996 the time we won C.L. and guess what...I'm only 17 years old.As for Heinze,check my post 2-3 days ago.I was asking what's his natural position,CB or LB.The answear was;he can play both but his best position is CB.Check yourself if u don't believe me.Heinze is from Argentina(foreigner) while Criscito plays in the same position with Heinze,comes from the big Italian academy in defence and is much more younger.He is a hot prospect and our future in defence together with Molinaro and Chiellini.That's my opinion,show some respect.Alright?Cause i never called u naive or stupid...U made that mistake...
    so tell me why is it a mistake?? & where is kastoria??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I have to disagree on smthing here,Grygera is better than Zebina & Chiellini,I watched him play several times with Ayax & the Czeks & I think he will get a starting place from the beginning of the season!!
    I don't agree that Grygera is better than Chiellini and I'm not sure if he's better than Zebina either, we just have to wait and see. Serie A is of course tougher than playing in Holland and Grygera will have to adapt. Moreover, the Dutch members of this forum are not convinced of Grygera, so that sort of makes me wonder.

actually, i don't know why Heinze is wanted by Juve,Liverpool and Real...he's only an average player, nothing more.
    What is with all this "average" talk regarding Heinze? For fucks sake, a player who was voted Paris Saint German's greatest player EVER and voted Manure's player of the SEASON one year is not average. No way, Jose. And besides, anybody reasonable will tell you that Heinze along with Andrade would be our best two defenders at the moment.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
    Kastoria is in the north-west Greece.Have u ever been?The mistake is that he called me stupid and naive and he didn't respect my opinion.I joined this forum to share my opinions with others and learn specific things about juve.Not to argue with the other members.

OP
    Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #520
    What is with all this "average" talk regarding Heinze? For fucks sake, a player who was voted Paris Saint German's greatest player EVER and voted Manure's player of the SEASON one year is not average. No way, Jose. And besides, anybody reasonable will tell you that Heinze along with Andrade would be our best two defenders at the moment.
    you not going to brand him as world class though are you, because that is an overstatement

Kastoria is in the north-west Greece.Have u ever been?The mistake is that he called me stupid and naive and he didn't respect my opinion.I joined this forum to share my opinions with others and learn specific things about juve.Not to argue with the other members.

unfortunatly there are quite a few that think that everyone should think like them, and if they dont, they get in a rant about it. theres a fine line between sheer ignorance and not being able to accept what others say because they cant face a modest opinion, but still if everyone thought like each other, the ideas of a forum would just be dull

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)