Heinze (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
LIVERPOOL HEINZE HOPES FADE

Manchester United will block Liverpool's attempts to sign Gabriel Heinze.

Tuesday's Daily Mail reported that the Argentina international could buy out the last two years of his contract to secure the first transfer between the North West giants since 1964 as he is keen to stay in the Premier League.

But the Liverpool Echo claim United have reacted with "horror" to Liverpool's interest and will do all they can to prevent the player moving to Anfield.

United were willing to listen to offers for Heinze, who has slipped behind Patrice Evra in the pecking order at Old Trafford, and it is unclear whether he Sir Alex Ferguson now wants to keep the player or look to offload him overseas.

If it's the latter, Real Madrid now appears the most-likely destination.

Gabriel Heinze has told Manchester United he wants a move to Anfield, and is prepared to buy out the last two years of his United contract if necessary.

sportinglife.com

bianconeri1221

The Siver Cartel
Jun 20, 2007
Blow for Rafa as Heinze hopes hit

Liverpool's hopes of landing Gabriel Heinze have been hit after he admitted he wants to move to Italy or Spain if he leaves Manchester United.

Reports at the weekend suggested Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez had registered his interest in the Argentina international and was preparing a £7million swoop.

But left-back Heinze, who is currently at the Copa America in Venezuela, appeared to rule out a switch to United's Premier League rivals by revealing his desire to join Italian side Juventus or Spanish giants Real Madrid or Barcelona.

He also admitted he would be happy to stay at Old Trafford where he insists his life is "perfect".

He is quoted in the Manchester Evening News as saying: "The good thing is the clubs which are being talked about are super clubs. I already play for one super club and other ones such as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have been mentioned.

"For me to go, the offer has to be good for everyone. I'm very comfortable in Manchester. I've been a champion, captain and the fans love me. Everything is perfect."

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I also agree that Heinze at the moment isn't a half of player he used to be, but maybe if he get regular playing time he could become good again...

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
How about this..

Defence A ........... Grygera Chellini Milito Heinze

Defence B............ Zebina Criscito Boumsong Molinaro

If Heinze is only worth £5m then id go for it..

OP
Badass J Elkann

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter #375
    How about this..

Defence A ........... Grygera Chellini Milito Heinze

Defence B............ Zebina Criscito Boumsong Molinaro

If Heinze is only worth £5m then id go for it..
    i really really wish chiellini wudnt play cb i prefer him left back, not to say he sucks at cb but i want that spare cb spot vacant for criscito not chiellini

Nov 28, 2006
    I think they should risk and give Mimo the chance.
    Messi is 19 and he's a starter in Barca.
    Cesc is 20 and he's a starter for Arsenal.
    Why can't Criscito be a starter for us?

Criscito and Milito/Luisao/Cris/Pepe/Andrade would be fine.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
    I think they should risk and give Mimo the chance.
    Messi is 19 and he's a starter in Barca.
    Cesc is 20 and he's a starter for Arsenal.
    Why can't Criscito be a starter for us?

Criscito and Milito/Luisao/Cris/Pepe/Andrade would be fine.
    Starting young defenders is tough because people tend to measure them by the number of mistakes they make and not the number of things they do right. When a striker or a midfielder screws up, then it's a loss of possession...when a defender screws up, like 50% of the time it's a goal conceded. Arsenal has a few young defenders playing regularly if I'm not mistaken, but inconsistency is the name of the game.

Having said that, Criscito might make a good third CB...but honestly I haven't seen him play.

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
    heinze is not good enough and getting older manchester searching a club to sell him

I dont want to see him against kaka
    Are you serious? How can you judge him on two performances? And I know that's what you're doing.

Some people here don't know how to evaluate players. Heinze was voted the best defender ever for PSG, the player of the SEASON for Manure in his first year with them, even beating crater-face Rooney. He was injured thereafter but he's come back to play an important role with Manure this season in their Premiership triumph, thwarting high-paced attacks one after the other. He's a great tackler first off, plus he knows how to mark. His decision-making and ball skills might be off the mark, but so was Cannavaro's with Inter and nobody on this Juve squad can come close to Heinze in terms of any defensive facet. Get him and shut up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)