Heinze (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
no i ve seen premiership games of united as well and heinze is not particulary good as a CB.
i ve got friends that are big united supporters and they are not that happy when heinze is a CB,they prefer vidic,rio,brown,silvestre and o shea as CB to him
you have got to be kidding!:D

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Madrid step up Heinze chase

Spanish champions Real Madrid are ready to step up their pursuit of United defender Gabriel Heinze.

The Bernabeau giants are looking for a left-back to take over from Roberto Carlos, who has quit the club and feel that the Manchester United star fits the bill.

The Brazilian, who had a number of fall-outs with manager Fabio Capello, will join Turkey's Fenerbahce this summer and Real see Argentine ace Heinze as the perfect replacement.

Heinze doesn't want to make a decision on his future until his summer Copa America duty with his country is over.

He has become an Old Trafford favourite with his all-action style, but has not ruled out a move away from the champions.

Madrid are set to make enquiries sooner rather than later with deposed Spanish champions Barcelona and fellow La Liga clubs Villarreal and Valencia also interested.

Juventus, back in Serie A, are also long-term admirers.

It is alleged Heinze, who signed from Paris St Germain in 2004 on a five-year contract, told United teammates at the end of the title-winning campaign that he would not be back for pre-season.

He could invoke the rule saying that anyone over 26 who has not been offered a new contract can buy out their current deal.

Heinze fought a see-saw battle with Patrice Evra last term for the left-back role and ended the campaign as the man in possession in the Cup final.

Evra himself has been the subject of interest from French Champions Lyon, but they have dropped the hunt for a left back after Eric Abidal was told he will be staying put.

Lep.co.uk

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
On the contrary i would say he's better as a left back than as a centerback.
Sure thing he's an ok fullback on the defence. But as a left-back in Real M you're expected to contribute offensively, do you think Heinze is really capable of that? I believe his strengths lay in his defensive game, when coming forward he looks clumsy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sure thing he's an ok fullback on the defence. But as a left-back in Real M you're expected to contribute offensively, do you think Heinze is really capable of that? I believe his strengths lay in his defensive game, when coming forward he looks clumsy.
If you put it that way,then i tend to agree.I wouldnt say clumsy though...just nothing special...

AvoAchdjian

Jun 23, 2007
Argentine left-back Heinze looked poised for a £5million move to Juventus. But Liverpool boss Benitez is set to hijack the deal.Heinze, 29, said: “I know some clubs are interested in me. My head is with the Argentina team to play the Copa America. After that and a holiday, I will know better where I will play next season.”Juve appeared to have beaten off Real Madrid, Barcelona and Milan to sign Heinze.The defender is a cult figure at United and two years ago was voted the fans’ player of the season.He battled back from damaged knee ligaments to play a crucial part in last season’s march to the title, skippering the side on the final day when they were presented with the trophy.But his position at Old Trafford has remained in doubt and Patrice Evra is Alex Ferguson’s first choice left-back.Clearly Fergie would prefer to sell to a foreign side, rather than a major domestic rival.But if Benitez is prepared to cough up the cash, he has every chance of pulling off another coup after agreeing a £27m club-record swoop for Atletico Madrid hitman Fernando Torres.It is one area where Liverpool have looked decidedly weak at times, with John Arne Riise not the best defensive left-back.Fabio Aurelio, Alvaro Arbeloa, Stephen Warnock and Djimi Traore have all been used there during Benitez’ reign

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=489

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Benitez To Snap Up £5m Heinze - Report

The Sun report that Rafa Benitez could move swiftly to snap up Gabriel Heinze from under the noses of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

The two Spanish giants have been linked with the Argentine international, who has lost his Manchester United first team spot to Patrice Evra, and is supposedly available for £5-6million.

Juventus and Milan have also been linked with the tough-tackling multi-purpose defender, though neither have made an official approoach just yet.

The player himself has made no secret of his plan to think about a move away from Old Trafford after the Copa America.

"I know some clubs are interested in me," he said. "My head is with the Argentina team to play the Copa America.

"After that and a holiday, I will know better where I will play next season."

According to The Sun, Liverpool - who are finally making some moves in the transfer market - are the ones looking to wrap up this deal without much ado, and willing to offer £5million for a quick resolution.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus are waiting to see how the Chivu and Milito sagas end before moving for Heinze, and the Reds could make the most of that.

The move could see John Arne Riise promoted into a permanent left-sided midfield role, with Rafa not confident about his defensive abilities. It could also bring about Fabio Aurelio's exit.

It remains to be seen, though, whether Sir Alex Ferguson will sell Heinze to another Premiership club, let alone to potential title rivals.

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Premiership - Transfer Talk: Heinze close to treacherous switch

There are a number of unwritten rules that should be respected in the modern game; give the ball back to the opposition if they have kicked it out; never refer to pre-Premiership football (it did not exist); and never criticise England captain John Terry, to name but a few.
But, as a cheeky, scamp-like Transfer Talk would have told you a few years ago, rules are there to be broken.

And Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze, with his touted move to Liverpool, is on the verge of breaking the biggest one of them all, which reads: if you are a Manchester United player, you do not sign directly for Liverpool. Simple.

Of course it has been done before, but not since 1964 when Phil Chisnall quit United and hopped on a bus to make the short journey down the East Lancs Road.

No doubt that even back then, Chisnall's actions were met with outcry at Old Trafford, and more widely across the city of Manchester. Not only is there a huge rivalry on the pitch between the two clubs, but the history between the two cities is acrimonious to say the least (Liverpool, a port city, have never got over the fact that Manchester stole all its trade with the development of the Manchester Ship Canal). That Chisnall was Manchester-born only made his defection worse.

At least Heinze has the excuse of not being Mancunian, and perhaps he can be forgiven for not realising the true significance of any potential move to Merseyside. But he should.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is thought to be willing to part with £5 million for the Argentine defender, who may have to buy out the rest of his contract with United to make the move to Anfield, as Alex Ferguson is reluctant to let him go to a Premiership rival.

Eurosport - Tue, 03 Jul 12:50:00 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)